Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article is a work in-progress.|
OS-tans made from no existing lineage, and do not create one of their own. Some of the earliest mainframes are independent systems, as are hobbyist systems not based on Unix or Linux.
Other independent systems
- Apple Newton: Mobile devices from Apple, made in the 90's.
- Coleco Adam: Unsuccessful home computer, did not have a successor.
- Contiki: Smallest modern OS, built entirely in Assembly.
- DigiComp: Hobbyist microcomputer first produced in the 60's.
- EMAG-III: Unusual hobbyist computer from the late 50's, was produced by one person for a science fair.
- MITS Altair 8800
- IMSAI 8080
- Sky OS
- Tiny OS
Part of a lineage, but an independent branch
The Linuxes mentioned aren't derived from any distribution.