Started by NejinOniwa, February 26, 2009, 08:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

NejinOniwa

Second chapter is now go. Same link~

Nichi

Well, it's a few months later than I intended, but here is Director Who: 1st Impression; the prequel to the saga

QuoteRodney found himself lying in a grassy field in a unknown location, as he began to try and piece together what was going on. Merely a minute ago, he was with Crystal and PentiumMMX inside an old abandoned mansion, walking down a hallway filled with scenic paintings, when there was a sudden bright flash of light; as he suddenly felt like he was being lifted off his feet and pulled into a vortex, when suddenly he found himself where he is now. His best guess as to what's going on is that he was pulled into one of the paintings, as odd as it may sound, with the whereabouts of the others bring unknown.

He then picked himself up off the ground, dusting off his black denim jacket, as he took notice of a lovely lady not far from him; who had short blue hair with a maid headdress and metallic cat ears in it, and was wearing glasses, a long blue coat with a blue ribbon tied in a fancy bow around the collar, flat-soled thigh-high boots, and a leotard colored red, green, blue, and yellow underneath the coat. She seemed just as confused as he was, so in an effort to maybe rejoin his group, he decided it was a good idea to talk to her; offer his assistance.

Rodney: You seem lost...

Unknown lady: Well, yeah. Any idea on how to get out of here?

Rodney: Not at all; truth be told, I have only the faintest idea of how I got here

Unknown lady: Was it through a strange painting, perhaps?

Rodney: Yes, actually; I was with my friends in an abandoned mansion, walking down a hallway with scenic paintings, when suddenly there was a bright flash of light and a feeling of being swept off my feet. After that, I found myself here

Unknown lady (surprised): That's almost exactly how I got here. The only difference being that I was at an art museum, when I noticed a scenic painting that seemed a little off, but I just couldn't place what made it seem like that. Shortly after, exactly what you described happened; bright flash of light, a feeling of being lifted off my feet, and suddenly finding myself here

Rodney: This is odd...I think we should team up, since we're after the same goal

Unknown lady: Sounds like a good idea to me. I'm 2k-tan, and you?

Rodney: I'm Rodney, the Director

The two then shook hands in agreement, and proceeded to survey the general area; seeing nothing but lush green grass stretching into the horizon, seemingly never-ending.

2k-tan: It's quite peaceful here...almost too peaceful, to be exact

Rodney: Yeah...you know how to fight, right?

2k-tan: Of course; I was trained at a young age. You don't need me to protect you, right?

Rodney: No; of course not. Given how often my friends and I go on adventures, knowing how to fight in some way is vital; you never know what's around the corner

Suddenly, they felt the ground beneath them start to shake; like something big was in the distance, and slowly walking toward them

Rodney: Speaking of, best be on guard

The shaking grew more violent, as over the horizon, they saw a gigantic Mr. Potato Head marching toward them, as the Blue Oyster Cult song, Godzilla, started to play as it drew closer to them. Upon seeing this, Rodney and 2k proceeded to look at each other in disbelief.

2k-tan: Is it just me, or is there a gigantic Mr. Potato Head coming our way?

Rodney: Yep. Either that, or we're both going crazy. Any ideas on how to deal with this?

2k-tan: Well, aside from being gigantic, he hasn't shown any signs of being a threat, so shouldn't we leave him be?

Rodney: That's true, but what if we're required to defeat him in order to escape?

2k-tan: You have a point there. I suppose our best course of action would be to try and enter the storage compartment in the back and attack from the inside

Rodney: Sounds like a plan to me. Let's go for it

The two then charged toward the giant mechanical potato, aside from occasionally stumbling from the ground shaking with each step the plastic giant took. They managed to reach the backside, finding the door to the storage compartment wide open, as the two climbed inside. Once inside, they found it was apparently a mecha, but it has been set to auto-pilot, with a toy parrot left in the seat.

Rodney: This is easy; a few button presses and we're good

He then reached over to the console and pressed a series of buttons, which unfortunately had no effect.

Rodney: Well, it seems it doesn't abide by the universal mecha control scheme

2k-tan: I know how to do this. Stand back

He then stepped aside, as she got onto her knees and crawled under the console. Suddenly, all the lights turned off and the potato stopped moving, as she crawled back out.

2k-tan: I just had to unplug the console, that's all

Rodney: That's nice, but also a little disappointing. I was hoping for a cool explosion or something

2k-tan: Maybe next time, you'll get your cool explosion

The two then got back out of the potato, finding that everything was calm in this field once again, as suddenly a portal opened in front of them; showing the very hallway Rodney was before any of this happened.

Rodney: Well, here's my stop. Are you going to sit around and wait on a portal leading you home to open?

2k-tan: Nah; I think I'll come with you; it's something new for me, so why not take this chance?

Rodney: All right, then. Let's go, 2k

2k-tan: Right behind you, Director

Rodney: Please; just call me Rodney

The two then stepped through the portal; returning to Rodney's friends, and onto further adventures...

-The End-

Nichi

At last, here is the prologue to Director Who: End of the Millennium

QuotePrologue: In My Darkest Hour

We last left off with Sara and James opening the cardboard box that Rodney was trying to deliver to them the entire time they dealt with Adam, only for it to contain a mysterious device that turned James to stone. From a note inside the box, the device was intended for 2k-tan, as an unknown person is now trying to find and kill her for being obsolete; as she runs away from her friends to keep them from getting caught in the crossfire. In her rush, she dropped the note she found, which Rodney went over and picked up; reading over it for about a minute before Sara spoke up.

Sara: Is it just as bad as she said?

Rodney: I'm afraid so; the note says that this person will kill anyone who tries to protect her

Sara: So, what should we do?

Rodney: We're going after her; if there's someone who's this serious about killing her out there, than she shouldn't be running around by herself. Besides, if anything happened to her, I don't know what I'd do...

Sara: All right, but how are we supposed to find her in this weather at night? It's pouring down out there

Rodney: We'll just have to bear the weather

Sara: Do you think we'll find a way to turn James back to normal?

Rodney: I know of a way, but what I need in order to do that is back in my mansion; which is a long ride back to. Anyway, follow me

The two then went outside and began searching for 2k-tan; enduring the heavy rain to try and find her. Not long after beginning their search, they found her setting on a bench alone in a park not too far from James' house; her face buried in her hands, as both Rodney and Sara went over to consult her.

Rodney: 2k...?

2k-tan: Leave me alone

Rodney: Just listen to me for a moment

2k-tan: Please, just leave now and forget about me; I'm not worth risking your life over

Rodney: After all we've been through, I beg to differ

2k-tan: Regardless of that, you shouldn't get involved; save yourself while you can

Rodney: If there's someone out to kill you, the last thing you should be doing is making yourself a sitting target

2k-tan: I'm doing this on purpose; by not running away, it'll reduce the number of casualties

Rodney: If you're going to lure her here, who don't you at least try to fight her?

2k-tan: It's pointless to fight; she's undefeatable

Rodney: So you're just going to give up, without even trying?

2k-tan: It's the only way

Rodney: How can you be sure of that, if you haven't tried for yourself?

2k-tan: Why do I need to try? If she could be defeated, my little sister would still be alive

Rodney: So this is how you want it to end? I think if your sister saw you now, she'd be ashamed of you for giving up so easily

In rage, 2k-tan stood up and punched Rodney in the chest with enough force to knock him over; with a rough landing in a puddle of water

2k-tan (angered): You wouldn't understand! I'm the reason she's dead; if that bitch hadn't drug me into the equation, Emmy would still be alive. Now please go away; you're pointlessly endangering yourselves

After 2k-tan finished her sentence, Rodney happened to take notice of Sara; who was very noticeably displeased with what she just heard, as her hands where shaking in anger.

Rodney (short of breath): I'd hate to have to do this, but...Sara, knock some sense into her for me

Sara: With pleasure

She then took a step closer to her target, and in a single swift motion, delivered a strong right hook to 2k-tan's face; with enough force behind it to knock her off her feet and into a puddle about 2 inches deep.

Sara: Get a hold of yourself! Because of this person that's trying to kill you, a good friend of mine was turned to stone. Do you think I'll just sit around and do nothing, giving up before I even try anything? Of course not; I'm going to do everything in my power to make sure he's returned to normal and the person responsible pays dearly, so cut the crap about not wanting anyone to get involved, because it's too late for that

2k-tan then put her hand on the spot where she was punched, feeling a bruise starting to form, before shaking her head; coming to her senses.

2k-tan ...You're right. They may say it's impossible to defeat this lady, but why should I give up without trying for myself? After all, there is a chance that I can defeat her, and even if I don't and wind up getting killed, I can at least say that I tried. Thanks for the punch; I needed that

Sara: No problem; there's nothing like percussive maintenance to solve a heroic BSOD

Not long after, Rodney got back up; going over to 2k and offering a hand to help her get up.

Rodney: Come on; let's head back to our universe. You can fill us in on what you know about this lady once we meet up with Yendor

2k-tan: All right

She then took Rodney's hand, as he helped her get off the ground.

2k-tan: Let's go; this should slow her down long enough to formulate a plan

The group then walks away; heading back to the Magic Bus to prepare for their journey...

Tomorrow, a first chapter...from a different story. Yeah; I'm double-dipping with stories this time >:3

Nichi

To balance things out, with how dark EOTM generally is, I'm also uploading something more lighthearted from my backlog of stories.

So, here's the prologue zeroth chapter of Joey's Adventures in Video Games: The Ultimate Brain-Switching Machine of Doom; a story I wrote back in December '03, which IMO has held up well compared to some of my other works from around this time. Aside from fixing spelling and grammar errors, I left the text untouched; exactly as I wrote it all those years ago.

QuoteChapter 0: Prepare the machine!

One day, in the world of video games, two of the evilest evils are about to team up...

In Nintendo Land...

Bowser: I'm bored, because capturing the princess all the time gets dull

...and in Sega World

Dr. Eggman: Shadow! Report to my chamber now!

5 minutes later...

Shadow: What do you need, Eggman?

Dr. Eggman: Make me some scrambled eggs!

Eggman and Bowser are both on the Video Game World's most wanted bad guys list, and they are always beaten by Sonic the Hedgehog or Mario.

Back in Nintendo Land...

Bowser: Kamek! Bring me my cell phone!

15 minutes later, Bowser is on the phone with Eggman.

Bowser: Yo, Eggman!

Dr. Eggman: What do you want?

Bowser: I want to team up with you, and then we can rule the Video Game World

Dr. Eggman: Ok; I'm in

Bowser: Good. I'll be home for Christmas—oops, I mean I'll come over later so we can work on TUBSMOD

Dr. Eggman: What?

Bowser: The Ultimate Brain-Switching Machine of Doom!

12 hours later...

Eggman & Bowser: At last, TUBSMOD is completed!

Bowser: Now, to capture some good guys and good girls and test it out! MWAHAHAHAHA!

Expect to generally see a new chapter of this story not long after a new chapter of EOTM -w-

Bella

I'm having such bad writers block I don't even know what. :Z

Nichi

It's time for a double-whammy of new chapters for both EOTM and TUBSMOD, since the prologues for both are out of the way. Rather than posting them here, I'll just link to them to keep this post from getting too long:

Director Who: End of the Millennium - Chapter 1: Burn My Dread
Joey's Adventures in Video Games - Chapter 1: Boot Up TUBSMOD!

Next time, EOTM continues with the arrival of an old, although now insane, foe, while TUBSMOD finally reaches the introduction of the title character, Joey. Stay tuned...

Nichi

Since I only have 1 new chapter up at the moment, here is chapter 3 of EOTM

QuoteChapter 2: Perfect Insanity

Yendor: This isn't the Reaper, is it?

2k-tan: Not at all, unless she's become a scrawny boy since last time I saw her

Guy with swirl-eyed goggles: No, you fools. It's me; Adam

Sara: Adam? I though we defeated you

Adam: Not quite; I was merely knocked out, and thanks to one of my robots not being docked when you pushed the kill switch, I've had my own sanity removed...and what a wonderful thing that has been

2k-tan: How did you get here, anyway?

Adam: I'll let Mary break it down for me

Stepping out of the shadows and standing next to Adam was none other than Mary; still wearing the same baggy grey jacket and pants as before. Rodney, seeming unimpressed by the new guests, resumed trying to return James to normal.

Mary: After our last encounter, I snuck aboard your magic bus; hiding away until you where back at your home, as I took off on a quick trip to pick up Adam and bring him here.

Adam: Now, I can take my revenge...with science!

Without even looking up from what he was doing, Rodney spoke up.

Rodney: Oh really? What do you intend to do, anyway; build some kind of doomsday machine and take over this world, or will you go the route of subjecting me to the "ultimate torture" of watching Teletubbies?

Adam: Actually...I haven't planned that far ahead

Rodney: If you intend on defeating me while you're in my universe, you should consider putting a little more thought into your plans; it might help

Adam: Well then, Mary and I will be off. Expect to hear from us again soon, as I'll be up all night coming up with my master plan; there's no way you'll be able to stop me

Rodney: We'll see about that

Not long after, Adam and Mary jumped through the now-broken window and went on their way, as Rodney successfully finished turning James back to normal; who looked around the room trying to figure out where he was.

James: ...What happened?

Sara: It's a bit complicated

Shortly after, Sara began to explain to James what happened involving that strange device, as well as everything that happened while he was a statue.

James: Ok, if that package was really intended for 2k-tan, why was it labeled to us, and how did this "Reaper" know that she'd meet up with us?

Rodney: Also, how did they get it into Storage Building 12 without my knowledge of it and without setting off the alarm?

2k-tan: I'm sure we'll figure this out soon enough...although, it looks like we'll have to deal with Adam in the meantime

Sara: Also, why is your storage building called Storage Building 12 if there's only one?

Rodney: That's because it sounded cool. Anyway, we should probably prepare ourselves; there's no telling what Adam may have planned. Follow me to the training room...

He then stepped out of the room, with the others not far behind, as he led them over to his dojo on the other side of the mansion; down several hallways, up a flight of stairs, and past a painting of a priest kicking a vicar's butt. As soon as they arrived, the phone was ringing, as Rodney put it on the video screen; finding Adam waiting on the other end of the line.

Adam: I've come up with the greatest master plan ever!

Rodney: All right, so what's your evil scheme this time?

Adam: I'm going get my own infomercial!

Rodney: ...That's seriously your plan?

Adam: Of course; it's the greatest plan ever

Rodney: Whatever you say

Adam: But, I'll first have to obtain all necessary supplies; giving you ample opportunities to slow my progress, as any good villain would. Now, I'm off to cash in on the offer for free paperclips...

He then hung up, as Rodney and the others began to talk.

2k-tan: Really; how did we go from dealing with a madman who nearly destroyed the Multiverse to dealing with a guy who wants his own infomercial?

Rodney: Well, this is simple enough that it'll work for some training. It's best we stay on-guard in case the Reaper shows up while we're dealing with Adam

James: So much for getting to train in this cool dojo...

2k-tan: So, what's our next move?

Rodney: We head to the warehouse store downtown that advertised the free paperclips. Follow me...

As quickly as they arrived in the dojo, the group left; heading toward the garage to get ready for their journey, while Yendor decides to stay behind and guard the base.

Sara: So, are we taking the magic bus again?

Rodney: No, because I have something better for this journey

Once inside the garage, he showed them over to the emerald green Dodge Omni sitting across from the magic bus.

James: Is it bigger on the inside?

Sara: Does it have weaponry?

Rodney: No and no; it's just fun to drive. Besides, the magic bus needs to recharge

James: I'd rather take the bus than a tiny hatchback

Rodney: Hey; hatchbacks are cool

James: Of course they are...

The group then squeezed inside the small car and set out toward the downtown area; where the warehouse, containing something that Adam is after, is located...

Bella

I got up at like three in the morning and started writing down plot points for the rest of Leopard-tan's story.

WHAT THE HELL, INSPIRATION? YOU JUST SHOW UP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT AFTER BEING GONE FOR MONTHS?

NejinOniwa

Inspiration: it's like an unfaithful bf/gf...

Nichi

True that xD

I should have more chapters of my stories ready to go eventually

Bella

NejinOniwa

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/9782/Regina-et-Equi-Nox
Chapter 4Prelude is now out. Also ReEN now OFFICIALLY contains Vikings. And LOTS of them.

:D

Bella

I still have no idea what vikings have to do with ponies. ._.

INSPIRATION HAS STRUCK AGAIN. I wonder if I can make it stick this time.

NejinOniwa

IT WILL ALL BE CLEAR SOON ENOUGH. :D