OS-tan Annex Project Revival

Started by Aurora Borealis, February 20, 2010, 01:17:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krizonar

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on March 26, 2011, 10:39:58 PMthere ya go~
System 6?

THIS MUST BE FIXED

IMMEDIATELY.

And it's not just you, I can't see System 6 either.
Others have this problem as well, while some do not (such as System 7 and 9)

Aurora Borealis

For nearly all the pages, I did remove the pictures! The [[Image:100px]] is just part of the template, with no picture there. It's not a problem with the browser. It's no big deal.  ;)

And some of the character pages are really outdated.

This is now the new infobox.

Krizonar

Oh, okeis. I was getting worried some of the images were messed up.
(since the first page I went to was System 9's and her pic worked, then I went to 6's and hers...didn't)

Chocofreak13

isn't this, like, the third time we've changed the infobox....? >.<;
click to make it bigger

Bella

This thread is teaching me so much about the CDC-tans~ ^^

Chocofreak13

at least you can be peaceful somewhere. :3

yeh, this whole thread (along with the IBM thread) has been a learning experience for me as well. :3
click to make it bigger

Bella

There's a difference between being inflammatory and stating the truth bluntly. =V=

OSC: Every Day is a Learning Experience!™

Chocofreak13

*cracks up* that's made funnier because it actually sounds like a good slogan for the site. xDDD
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

Thought I'd get back to this again, working on these Annex bios will help me with writing the full articles later:

I don't know if there was much previous characterization to EvilEntity-tan, but reading about it on DistroWatch gave some potentially good ideas! :)

Name: EvilEntity-tan
aka: EvilE
Debut: late 2002 or early 2003
Height: ???cm
Weight: ??kg
Eye color: Red
Hair: Dark blue

Quick Facts:

-A vampire who wanted to be a feared mastermind, but wasn't successful.
-Plotted against the Windows Family multiple times (marketed to compete against Windows and gets rid of Windows partition when installed), most weren't aware of her existence, but was banished by 95-tan and NT-tan in a duel.
-Lost support in 2006, now lives with the Binteeji Renmei.
-Became friends with Windows 1.0-tan, 2.0-tan and 3.2-tan despite her vendetta against the Windows Family.
-A power user skilled in dark magic attacks.
-Clumsy and not good at escaping, apparently she can shapeshift into a penguin, but not a bat.
-Doesn't do any business or server work, is an entertainer instead. Likes to draw, make movies and play music.
-Has long dark blue hair, wears a black dress  or suit with a dark red cape.
-Considers herself an ubermensch, and morally superior to the corporate Linux-tans, who she derides as sell-outs.
-Interested in the old school hacker culture that Linux originated in.

She had a lot of enemies. I think she would have been kicked out of or quit the LUC shortly after she tried to join, and without the LUC's obligations, she had plenty of time to plot vengeance against the Windows Family. XD

Bella

Very interesting, I remember making a concept for EvilEntity-tan Back in the Day. Of course it got abandoned like most of the Linuces I created... : /

Anyway, it's nice to see you take up the mantle of further characterizing these guys. ^^

Aurora Borealis

Thanks! I'll get to making a chibi of her soon!

I really like how her characterization turned out- I think she just became one of my favorite Linux-tans because of this. She's the type who looooooves to speak her mind, even if trash talk is involved! XD

Currently, I'm reading up on more Linux distros and working on some concept bios.

Here's a concept bio of SuSE-tan:

Name: SuSE Linux
aka: Software und System Entwicklung ("Software and System Development"), S.u.S.E
Debut: 3/29/1994
Height: ??? cm
Weight: ??kg
Eye color: Green
Hair: Brown

-Sister of, and childhood friends with Slackware-tan. (SuSE used to release software packages of SLS and Slackware, SuSE Linux originated as a German version of Slackware)
-Most don't realize "SuSE" was an acronym of her full name.
-Used to be timid and only saw herself as being Slackware-tan's clone until her identity change in 1996.
-A fan of Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy. (first release under the SuSE name was version 4.2 as an intentional reference)
-Became one of the most popular Linux distro-tans in Europe.
-Expanded her ambitions starting in 2001 with her entry into the business market.
-Made an alliance with the Windows Family starting in 2006, a move that caused many of her allies in the LUC to turn against her. (controversial among the Free Software Community)
-Wants to be the best Linux distro-tan, yet is less competitive than most Linux-tans. She would rather collaborate with others. (OpenSUSE is a collaborative effort, and encouraged as such)
-Friendly, extroverted and collaborative, but derided by some as a sell-out or even a hypocrite because of her questionable alliances.
-Wears a green bodysuit and helmet modeled after the chameleon.

While on the wiki walk, I also checked out Slackware's article and found some potential for more characterization of Slack-tan as a very quirky character:
-Likes beer, and praises J.R. "Bob" Dobbs.
-Used to be an ambitionless slacker who didn't take anything seriously.
-Skipped version numbers (from 4 to 7) as a strange move to show she can keep up. 
-Values simplicity of design even at the expense of user-friendliness.
-Clumsy and unreliable in her youth as SLS-tan.
-Debian-tan and Yggdrasil-tan were created to be better than her, but for years she didn't care.
-Didn't start getting ambitious and competitive until recent years.

Aurora Borealis

Do those sound good? I'd like more input. Every bit helps!

Since I recently made Dreamlinux-tan's bio, I also decided to make a quick chibi rendition, but also added something extra... :) (I'll draw EvilE-tan next.)

Chocofreak13

they sound awesome, man. :3 i love Slackware's apathetic attitude. reminds me of another anime character ("how troublesome~"), lol. xD

chibi dream linux is adorable. she looks like OSX's little sister. xD
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

Thanks! I'd say that Slackware-tan was apathetic until the time SL skipped those version numbers. Then things became serious business to her!

Her relation to SuSE-tan may be convoluted because of SuSE's conflicting loyalty issues. Being a lot like Slackware-tan (or she was at first), she was also a fangirl of Unix, but ended up allying with the Windows Family later. Yet, she still wants to collaborate with others within her faction. Slack-tan might feel betrayed. :(

Chocofreak13

given that she seems to want to align with everyone, SuSE must have a pretty complex relationship network. it could be its own map, lol. xD

but, yeah, i'd imagine that Slackware might feel a tad betrayed. however, given her semi-lax attitude, i'd imagine that they'd make up rather quick. :3

btw, you think we should characterize puppy?  :3
click to make it bigger