OS-tan Annex Project Revival

Started by Aurora Borealis, February 20, 2010, 01:17:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurora Borealis

SuSE-tan seems like the type who wants to please everyone, but in her attempts to ally everyone, ends up making her share of enemies. :(

Puppy has some characterization, and a bio:

Name: Puppy Linux-tan
    aka: Puppy-chan
    Debut: 2005
    Height: 145 cm (4'9")
    Weight: 39kg (87 lb)
    Eye Color: Brown
    Hair: Blonde

Quick Facts:
        -Cheerful and adventurous.
        -She speaks with an accent from her native Australia.
        -Fond of cosplay, including dressing up like Mac- and Windows-tans.
        -Resourceful and thrifty, can survive in places and on rations that other OS-tans wouldn't dare attempt to.
        -Friendly and sociable with almost everyone.
        -Physically a young girl, has golden dog ears and a tail, and wears her medium length hair in a ponytail.

...But it wouldn't hurt to expand on it, particularly her backstory, and how she became the survivalist she is today!

stewartsage

All these Linuxes and I'm about to toss in more UNIXEN here in a few days.

Oh Puppy; just like the actual OS.  Somehow fitting.  I'd say go for it with her, there's a lot of stories to tell with her.

Chocofreak13

i'd say she was a stray at some point, but that'd likely be a lie. :3
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

@Choco: That sounds good! I don't know who she would live with now, but from her experiences on her own, she has been motivated to do rescue work, referencing Puppy's great usability as a system recovery OS. :)

Currently I'm drawing chibi EvilE-tan, and possibly also a pic Puppy-tan and Yellow Dog-tan together.

Any new requests for wiki/Annex avatars? Right now I'm mostly focused on the Linux distro-tans, solidifying designs and characterizations for them after being overlooked for so long.

Chocofreak13

at this point, all i'd like in terms of wiki avatars is just to have them filled back in, even if it's with the old ones. ><;
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Indeed, I miss the little pictures for the -tans that had them.  If I could access the wiki I'd be willing to help with that much.

Aurora Borealis

Many of them still need to be uploaded to the wiki, I'm looking through the upload logs to see which ones I missed.

Speaking of which, here's a new batch of avatars, newly-finished and uploaded! I've actually had the scrap art (or finished chibis) for these avatars made weeks ago, but didn't get to converting them into wiki avatars until now because I've been so busy.

Bella

Oooh! Cray and IAS are my favorites here (for obvious reasons, I suppose). ;p

stewartsage

Because IAS is totally not genderswapped John von Neumann?

....I love the IAS, she's so baaaaad.

Bella

Quote from: stewartsage on July 14, 2011, 05:59:28 PM
Because IAS is totally not genderswapped John von Neumann?

It makes so much sense now..... @___@

Chocofreak13

yay, more avis. ^^ *waits patiently*
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

Any requests for characters to make avis of?

Bella

Quote from: Aurora Borealis on July 14, 2011, 10:51:26 PM
Any requests for characters to make avis of?

I'm partial to the Wanderer class... how about:

ITS
VAXELN
RSX-11
Ultrix

Has an avi been made for StratusVOS yet?

I'm thinking i might make some avis for some of the program and hardware-kuns.

Aurora Borealis

None for VOS yet, so I'll add her to the queue.

Any OS-tan faction stuff to discuss, because I could use some more info for the articles, mainly for the historical factions.

For example, I only have a stub of an article for the DEC Military: http://ostan-collections.net/wiki/DEC_Military. Thought it'd be good to mention this because of the DEC-tan requests. ;P

What I know/remember:
-They're militaristic yet informal, most aren't actually the straight-laced type.
-They were sworn rivals with the CDCs, and the Unices were another major enemy.
-They're alchemists and sword-wielders.
-The DECs and the Unices fought for territory in the west, which the Unices won from Unix's and BSD's conquest of the area. I remember that from Bella's DEC-tan comic.
-Yet some Unices were introduced into DEC's ranks. How/Why did the other DECs accept them?
-A minicomputer faction with only one home computer-tan.
-TOPS-10 and PDP-1 co-founded the faction, with TOPS-10 as leader and PDP-1 as matriarch.

Bella

Quote from: Aurora Borealis on July 14, 2011, 11:07:47 PM
None for VOS yet, so I'll add her to the queue.

Any OS-tan faction stuff to discuss, because I could use some more info for the articles, mainly for the historical factions.

For example, I only have a stub of an article for the DEC Military: http://ostan-collections.net/wiki/DEC_Military. Thought it'd be good to mention this because of the DEC-tan requests. ;P

What I know/remember:
-They're militaristic yet informal, most aren't actually the straight-laced type.
-They were sworn rivals with the CDCs, and the Unices were another major enemy.
-They're alchemists and sword-wielders.
-The DECs and the Unices fought for territory in the west, which the Unices won from Unix's and BSD's conquest of the area. I remember that from Bella's DEC-tan comic.
-Yet some Unices were introduced into DEC's ranks. How/Why did the other DECs accept them?
-A minicomputer faction with only one home computer-tan.
-TOPS-10 and PDP-1 co-founded the faction, with TOPS-10 as leader and PDP-1 as matriarch.

Thanks~

I could attempt to write up something for the DECs; I once started to write a treatise (lol) on the various Eastern New Englander OS-tan societies, and a large portion was focused on the DEC-tans, so I could use that as a groundwork. -w-

You remember much Aurora~ To clarify a couple of things:

-The Unixes were allowed into the DEC society because their Leader ordered it. Despite hating the Unices quite a lot himself. Conspiracy theorists point to this uncharacteristic flip-flop as further evidence that the Unix Conspiracy is in fact true; perhaps they had some dirt on the DECs that they threatened to let loose if they weren't allowed inclusion, or maybe he simply saw the rising popularity of the Unix-tans and figured they'd strengthen DEC society rather than weaken it. None of this means the DEC-tans actually accepted them, however.
-They're mostly minicomputers, but there were a few DEC micros and mainframes (the PDP-6 and PDP-10).
-LINC is also something of a matriarch (at least genetically) but her status might not be recognized by the others.
-They may venerate Whirlwind-hime.