Project Wiki OVERHAUL!!

Started by Aurora Borealis, December 06, 2010, 05:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DustiiWolf

• Updated Windows 8's Image and added more info on Yu & Ai,
  • added more info and links on Windows Azure and Claudia, removed stub status, gave "needs expanding" status on Windows Azure,
  • removed the missing image refrence, switched to OSBasicInfoBox from OSInfoBox, and added some missing info into the info box for Windows Server 2008,
  • and fixed the link for Server 2008 and added Azure to the Windows Family
Official -tans are my bat signal.

Bella

Looks good Dustii!

Also: I'm thinking of making a page for the programming language-tans. There isn't enough info for any single character, so I'm thinking of arranging it in a manner similar to Aurora's Annex Profile pages or Kari's Nijura and Futaba Characters page.

What say you, OSC?

Tsubashi

That would work, though it seems like it would be outdated somewhat quickly if you intend to start PL-tans. I guess it really just depends if you plan on eventually jumping to individual pages. The advantage to your idea is that it is quickly accomplished and does not leave a bunch of half-finished pages lying around. The disadvantage is that if you do move beyond it, it becomes a cumbersome second source which has to be kept up-to-date manually.

I am fine either way, just though I would give input.
-Tsu

Bella

I'd really rather not make individual pages for any of those characters yet, especially since there's little information on their personalities and I hate making stub articles as it is (though it's necessary sometimes). Also, because they seem to have "evolved", so to speak, on a separate track from the OS-tans, it might be better to group them all into one article - in a similar fashion to Kari's articles on the Futaba and Nijura characters, who, while not OS-tans themselves, are closely related to the Japanese OS-tan "culture". I hope that makes sense, haha.

Tsubashi

Sounds reasonable. I would say go for it.
-Tsu

Bella

Affirmative, captain! Not sure when I'll get around to it though, but this will probably be my next Wiki project. :)

Tsubashi

I look forward to it. I was hoping to make some meta-templates to try and keep our info box formatting consistent, but without the parserFunctions extentions, I am not sure what the best way to go about that is, or if it is even possible for that matter.
-Tsu

NejinOniwa

I'd say it works fine for what we can make at the moment - if we ever move beyond it, we can just remake it into a portal/category page.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella

Looks like it's settled then.

@Tsu: I wish I could help you but my Wiki coding skills are nonexistent.  :/

Bella

http://ostan-collections.net/wiki/index.php?title=Linux

I have the "Character Information" section of Linux-tan's article redone. Still have to finish the History and Relationships section though, as well as interrogate Nej for information on his story universe's Linux-tan. (I'll update the Character section when I get that info.)

Also thinking of revamping the pages for VOS- and PRIMOS-tan (who will henceforth be known as the Duchess of Stratus and the Countess of Prime, respectively).

DustiiWolf

http://ostan-collections.net/wiki/index.php/IE-tan

Updated this page (or, to be more accurate, rewrote, since it was practically blank, stating no one knew what IE-tan really looked like or if there was even a tan for her, with a low res doodle for the image. There was pretty much nothing.), seeing as Inori is out. Not finished editing it, going to work on it more this week.

NejinOniwa

Late post on my updates: Went through a few of the pages related to stuff I've written, added links and references. Also, Ruka-verse Linux is more or less the same one you're using, Bells, aside from possible differences in power level/usage/type since MR@S is a bit heavier on the magitech/code stuff.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

Quote from: DustiiWolf on November 23, 2013, 11:28:21 PM
http://ostan-collections.net/wiki/index.php/IE-tan

Updated this page (or, to be more accurate, rewrote, since it was practically blank, stating no one knew what IE-tan really looked like or if there was even a tan for her, with a low res doodle for the image. There was pretty much nothing.), seeing as Inori is out. Not finished editing it, going to work on it more this week.

bear in mind that you have now spurned me to re-edit this article to reflect the ORIGINAL ie-tans that were floating around the gallery for years before this Inori fellow. not going to change a thing on her section, just going to write in a few bits so that the article isn't solely about her.

if you do want an article solely about her, i recommend you create one. :\

EDIT: you deleted the picture that was there, didn't you? ugh, we NEVER delete old pics without saving them first, or at least checking to see if they're in the gallery! pretty sure i know the pic you were talking about, and it's not in there. ><;;
click to make it bigger

DustiiWolf

I didn't delete the image. I just removed it from the page. Can't you view previous versions of the page to find the image name?

also, I find that cool that you're adding other IE-tan info to the page. I was unaware of any, so it could help me and others to learn more about the IE-tans before Inori!

also, added a redirect page for Internet Explorer to the article.

Chocofreak13

Harrumph. >3>;

In the event inori's section gets big enough, it should get its own article with a blurb at the bottom considering ie-tan and inori are two different characters. (As it is I'm having a hard time finding a way to have two info boxes on there w/o it looking clunky.)

That "low-res doodle" is actually a nice piece of artwork that was uploaded in 2009. And of course there were ie-tans before this inori chick. A simple gallery search coulda told you that. >>;
click to make it bigger