Because of the flexible, “fanon” nature of the OS-tan phenomena (especially the so-called “non-canon” OS-tan lineup), there will be different outlooks and personal views on the nature of the OS-tan universe. Some of these are theories and conjectures; others are personalized interpretations of the OS-tan universe created for a specific story or timeline. We shouldn't let these divide, but unify and enrich the OS-tan universe which we have all helped create.
Please limit the discussions and articles herein to an “in-universe” perspective; there are other places for discussing the origins of the OS-tan phenomena, for example.
- Species – An interpretations in which computer-tans can be divided into separate species, ie, operating systems, hardware and software
- OS-tan Class - Distinctions between types of hardware and different types of OSes.
- Setting - Interpretations of the OS-tan universe's setting, whether it's a virtual fantasy world, based on the real world, or in-between.
- Life and Death - Interpretations on what gives an OS-tan her lifespan, and factors that lead to death.
- OS-tan Human Names - Proposed human names for various OS-tan characters, if possible, a character will have both a Japanese name and a Western name, which ever one used being up to the individual fan's preference.
- General OS-tan Theories - Non-canon/non-fanon speculations regarding various OS-tan characters, factions and groups and the wider OS-tan universe.
- RAM and Memory in the OS-tan Universe - Theories regarding the impact of real-world memory requirements on OS-tan design.
- OS-tan Linage - OS-tan families and bloodlines.
- OS-tan Wars - Various large-scale OS-tan conflicts.