Main Menu

Topicless thread

Started by panda, September 17, 2005, 04:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

I hate Mondays; back to work and such...

stewartsage

So, life without Minecraft is like life without TV Tropes.

Nichi

To be honest, when I first heard of Minecraft, I though it was some new title from Blizzard; something along the lines of Warcraft and Starcraft, but taking place in mines

Pitkin

I was supposed to apply for the ID card at the police station today: turned out the queueing time'd have been nearly two hours, so I went to the close-by shopping centre instead and accidentally found a bikini I liked. ^-^ I'm way too shy to post pictures, though. ._.;

I also finished the Jagged Alliance: Deadly Games single player campaign today~ <3

NejinOniwa

Quote from: The 10th DoctorWe're at the end of the universe, the edge of knowledge itself, and you two are busy...BLOGGING!

David Tennant. I love you.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

@nej: we all do. :3
@pitkin: i'll post mine if you post yours. >w<;;
@zen & stew: i plan to avoid both tropes and minecraft like the plague. ^^;
@pentium: mondays suck regardless of whether you have a job or not. case in point, mine sucked because i don't have one (and i don't want one!).
click to make it bigger

Nichi

@Choco: Yeah, today sucked. Even though my idiot of a boss was supposed to help me move a heavy table this afternoon, he ran off for no reason and I had to move it by myself; feeling like I may have pulled a muscle in my back while doing that. I'll probably be very, very sore in that spot tomorrow...

Chocofreak13

@pentium: my grandparents made me cry today. :[
click to make it bigger

Nichi

What happened?

*Offers you a cookie to help you feel better*

Chocofreak13

*noms cookie*

every time i go over there i get hounded for not having a job. it's gotten to the point where i don't want to go over there anymore.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Sounds like what I constantly deal with when somebody asks me about collage; they keep nagging about how I must go regardless of not knowing what I want to do just yet (After all, I don't want to rush in and then find myself with a degree that is of no use for whatever I decide I want to do)

Although it's light with my grandma (She's only obsessed over collage because of my uncle; who can't stay out of collage for more than a month before he's going back to study something else), it's worse with my coworkers; most trying to get me to make a decision right then and there, will often try to convince me to get a student loan since I can't afford to go (They don't realize that a loan has to be paid back; my mom knows people who went in the late '70s using a loan, who are still paying off said loan to this day), and one person had the balls to say to my face "You'll never amount to anything in life if you don't go" (Surprisingly, it wasn't my boss who said that. As much as I hate him, I'll give him credit for not sinking down that far).

Chocofreak13

lol, you're in the exact opposite boat of me. i've known what i wanted to do since i was five. but, having nowhere to go and no license as a teenager, i never got a job. now, i'm 19 with no job experience, in a town that has too many people and not enough jobs. it almost makes me wish i had gone for a summer semester like my friend, just so i'd either be too busy or too productive for them to complain about.

also, you're already amounting to something. i thought you were in college when you described your job; it sounds like something to be proud of. anyone who says you're not going to amount to anything should meet one of my teachers; he was in his 30 - 40's when he suddenly decided he wanted to work with artists, and went from a corporate job to being an art teacher. :3
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on May 09, 2011, 06:49:17 PM
i thought you were in college when you described your job; it sounds like something to be proud of.

As I've said to one of my friends, who works at Game-X-Change (A small chain of video game stores that carries almost everything from Atari to PS3), "Cleaning IV poles and bedside commodes is a shitty job, but someone's got to do it"  :) (Although, if I could get into a full time position, I'd take it in a heartbeat; putting me one step closer to completing my master plan...)

Although, after working at the hospital for a year, I'm sure that whatever I do won't be too far into the medical field (Learning how to fix the equipment I already clean would be as far as I'd consider going; I don't think I'd want to be a nurse, paramedic, or anything of that sort)
Although I'd consider being a doctor if they gave me a TARDIS and a real sonic screwdriver

stewartsage

I think the Doctor is a Ph.D. or D. Letters if anything.

First exam conquered, three two page essays on various reasons the Nazis suck in under an hour.  Now I get to sleep in tomorrow before seeing if I can fit the rest of my possessions into a 2003 Dodge Stratus because my parent's can't come to help me.

Nichi

@stew: I think you can pull if off; after all, I crammed a large amount of my sister's stuff into a subcompact car (An '89 Omni, to be exact) with just enough room left for me, and it was still surprisingly comfortable inside. I miss that car; for a subcompact, it felt bigger on the inside...