What computer/OS are you using?

Started by Bella, April 16, 2007, 02:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nichi

Quote from: Red-Machine on April 12, 2011, 07:01:32 AM
Quote from: PentiumMMX on April 11, 2011, 10:41:49 PMAlso, call me crazy, but I actually like ME; it's one of the most underrated versions of Windows to date.

+1 I also bought a copy of it, though it is an Upgrade version.

My copy is a full version, with it's original retail box. Now, to find a copy of Windows 2000 like this that is at a reasonable price, to replace the CD-R my uncle burned for me about 5 years ago...

Chocofreak13

what's wrong with burned CD-R's? .__.;
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

meh. feels too petty a matter to involve morals. >.>;
click to make it bigger

Krizonar

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on April 12, 2011, 03:59:43 PM
At that point they become more akin to hot waffles and don't exactly go well with the drive.

Chocofreak13

come to think of it, i have one or two CDs from a long time ago that are unreadable because they somehow melted slightly. :\
click to make it bigger

Krizonar

I've burned CDs before, they burn very oddly and contort themselves while being very shiny.

Dr. Kraus

This is what I'm using right now...

Nichi

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on April 12, 2011, 03:59:43 PM

It lacks the pretty, shiny hologram of awesomeness that a legit copy has. You can't argue with a pretty, shiny hologram of awesomeness.

Chocofreak13

in some cases, yes. -w-

but, you can doodle on the CD-Rs...... ;^;

speedy's fixed, so windows 7. :3
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I've done some upgrades to 2k-tan and the Yeti, so here's a rundown of what they're like now:

Main desktop: Custom (All-new equipment)
Name: 2k-tan (It's pretty obvious where this name came from, even if it doesn't run on Windows 2000)
Processor: Intel Core i7 (3.4Ghz quad-core)
RAM: 8GB
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6850
Main OS: Windows 7 Professional (Service Pack 1 w\ Windows XP Mode)
Other OSes: Windows 2000 Professional (Service Pack 4 Update Rollup 1) on Virtualbox

I was thankful my graphics card showed up when it did; Portal 2 ran terribly with the Radeon HD 4350 (If too much was happening on-screen, the framerate got really choppy), and this new card was exactly what I needed. Now, I feel 2k-tan is finally ready for me to test BluRay playback...

Classic gaming desktop: NEC Powermate VP75
Name: The Yeti (Originated from an old in-joke among my family, involving the busted case fan it used to have)
Processor: Intel Pentium MMX (200Mhz) Intel Pentium (75Mhz)
RAM: 40MB
Graphics: S3 Trio64+ Cirrus Logic on-board video w\ 1MB VRAM upgrade

After struggling for the past 2 days to get my USB ports to work again after attempting to upgrade the Yeti using an old OverDrive processor, even going to the extreme of scrapping my wallpaper and going back to the solid color background I had before, sacrificing my S3 Trio64+ to make room for an Ethernet NIC to download a ton of patches from Windows Update in hopes that one fixes this issue, and the time that was wasted adjusting jumpers and tinkering with the BIOS to get it to want to boot with the new processor in the first place, I decided to switch back to it's original 75Mhz processor and get a refund.

It's no wonder nobody ever talks about OverDrive processors...

NejinOniwa

SOOOOOOOO...

In the kitchen...there's an iPad.

And it will remain there. Or at least, in the house.

I'm unsure as to how to approach this situation. >__>

Bella

iPads.... blargh. I don't get all the tablet love.... :I

NejinOniwa

I KNOW. BUT THERE IS A FOREIGN APPLE-MANUFACTURED OBJECT IN MY HOUSE AND IT'S NOT GOING TO GO AWAY BECAUSE SOMEONE LIVING OUTSIDE IT IS ITS ACTUAL OWNER. Stupid EPA, why'd you have to supply your people with bloody 'pads? >:[

Bella

Quote from: NejinOniwa on April 27, 2011, 03:39:59 PM
....why'd you have to supply your people with bloody 'pads? >:[

You have NO IDEA how close I just came to making a menstruation joke. Bwahahaa.