What computer/OS are you using?

Started by Bella, April 16, 2007, 02:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

suppose i should mention i'm using windows xp pro (SP2) right now. :\

little slow, and this keyboard sucks, but it's getting me by.
i'm worried about what's going to come, though. :\
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Well, the TI-89 have a variety of HAX functions that allows it to do a lot of stuff that the -84's and -83's can't...

Once you have it in your hand and can compare them both, you start to very much understand why it's not allowed at the ACT. -w-;
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Dr. Kraus

I've got two T-84's that serve me well in the school/work area but i've never used a T-89 before...

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

stewartsage

I have a Casio.  It does everything a TI does with two presses of a button.  And what it doesn't do you can code for it with no one the wiser.  Then again, I'm not exactly a high mathematics sort of fellow.

Dr. Kraus

Dual-boot of Ubuntu right now for my laptop, I just needed something that wouldn't thrash the laptop around and make it angry. Ubuntu has always had an appeal to me as its just a nice and stable Linux distro, it has its ups and downs but overall its just what I need it for (web surf, programming, GIMP, openoffice, etc.) and a little bit more!

I still will keep Windows on here for my dad to use and for all the programs and shows I can only use/watch with using Windows :P

Chocofreak13

come to think of it, i need to fix that computer that's on my floor.

currently, sis's laptop:

Dell Inspiron 6000 running Windows XP Professional
1.30 GHz Intel Celeron Processor
56gb Drive
.99gb of RAM (?)
click to make it bigger

Krizonar

^ omg, 1.3 ghz celeron? how does that thing even load it's screen? ;o;

Still using Lion, but I will be writing up my feedback (Choza beat me to it D=) and sending it in tomorrow before I go back to Snow Leopard.

CanaryTan

Using eOS with Mac theme installed.
IBM computer
Intel Pentium 4 processor
I'm not kidding. I have all teh animal crossing games and play them everyday.
My profile pic is from deviant art. It's not mine.

Pitkin

Quote from: NejinOniwa on April 03, 2011, 11:51:58 AM
Why in hell was it banned at uni anyway? -_-;

Our professor of maths had heard of these "new graphical calculators that would connect to internet" and decided to ban all graphical ones to not go through any. xD

I think the one we were made to buy in high school was a TI-83+ or something like that. Cannot really tell without seeing it.

stewartsage

Dang that sucks, the ban thing since I was too lazy to page back and read about it before; we're required to have a graphing calculator for math courses here.  'course I don't go to university.

Nichi

Well, I finally got around to finishing the restoration of my original custom PC, so here's some info on it

Another one: Full-on restoration of my original custom PC
Name: Frankenstein Classic (It retains 90% of it's core components from when it was built in 2005)
Processor: Intel Celeron (400Mhz)
RAM: 192MB
Graphics: On-board ATI Rage Pro Turbo

I went out of my way to obtain a legit, retail copy of Windows ME to finish this project, since that's what it was running on when I first built it (Although, it was a pretty crude installation when I first built it; the install literally amounted to throwing in a hard drive from a dead PC, which happened to have ME on it, and just running with it. Surprisingly, it was actually quite stable; I didn't start seeing BSODs until that hard drive began to die). Also, call me crazy, but I actually like ME; it's one of the most underrated versions of Windows to date.

Red-Machine

Quote from: PentiumMMX on April 11, 2011, 10:41:49 PMAlso, call me crazy, but I actually like ME; it's one of the most underrated versions of Windows to date.

+1 I also bought a copy of it, though it is an Upgrade version.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Chocofreak13

+1 Red sent me a copy in the mail, though i've yet to find a PC for it. :3

@kriz: actually, the screen is falling off. :3
click to make it bigger