Project Wiki OVERHAUL!!

Started by Aurora Borealis, December 06, 2010, 05:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

Any piece of software can be counted as a -tan, but in this case I'd say if you don't plan on making a 4dos-tan, don't include it. It's just a CLI shell anyway - like BASH - another software that was supposed to have a -tan since years ago, but who's only been cameoed in the briefest of ways. (See: girl going "d'awww" in this image: http://bellacielo.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=120#/d2jpbiq )

Aurora Borealis

So BASH-tan has appeared before. Still, she isn't anything more than a one-shot character as of yet, and we're trying to minimize the number of one-shot characters.

@Choco: If you're going to draw her, do so if you're confident you can make her into more than just a one-off.

Bella

There is plenty of background and character info in the case of BASH-tan though: if you consider her earlier incarnation to the the Bourne Shell (which I do) that makes her one of Unix-sama's oldest and closest assistants. She's bafflinglly difficult to follow, terse and to-the-point, yet very helpful toward Unix-and-*nix likes of all kind. Carries some sort of hammer (IIRC) and has a hermit-like personality. (Preferring to "hide behind" GUIs nowadays)

Aurora Borealis

I've been uploading some pics for the infoboxes for some OS-tans, and got started on two new articles. See the Recent Changes section! :)

Chocofreak13

^^

as for 4DOS, until i can come up with a story involving multiple DOSes, idk if that will happen. ;__;

i'd like to though, so expect her sometime in the future. :3
click to make it bigger

stewartsage

Is the profile for one of the DOS a DOSsier?

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

Updated ME-tan's infobox to the current one: [link], but haven't overhauled the writing. I'm sure a lot more could be said about the OS-tan who started it all! ^^;

Quickly created a new template for incomplete articles: [link].

Chocofreak13

nice. :3 can't wait to see it in action. ^^
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

I'll need help rewriting some of the Windows-tan articles, but thanks!

The new template has found a few places already:
http://ostan-collections.net/wiki/House_Of_Mac_Annex_Bios
http://ostan-collections.net/wiki/Binteeji_Renmei_Annex_Bios

Chocofreak13

i never realized the binteeji renmei was so BIG. *___*

they look great, btw. ^^

hmm, wasn't i supposed to make a 7-tan article....?
after homework. :3
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

Same here! I didn't realize how big the Binteeji Renmei got until I typed up the whole list... and even then that doesn't include the DOS-tans (listed as the DOSSE faction, but are a subset of the BR), which brings the roster to around 40. And don't forget the early Classic-tans who are semi-retired!

Funny how big the BR has gotten, it was supposed to be the LUC that was the largest faction, either that or the Wanderer Class though they're not really a faction. ^^;

Aurora Borealis

Two more articles need writing: Separate articles for 98-tan and 98SE-tan.

This is their article

In the list of Windows-tans, I have the two split up, but need writing. I also included a separate article for Nanami from the Windows 7 article.

And for the Linces and Unices, moved the LUC Annex Bios to a new section: [link]

Chocofreak13

why did you separate nanami? if i wrote the article, i was going to include all of them but likely have a subsection for ms. madobe. :\
click to make it bigger