OS-tan enemies (and battles)

Started by Bella, April 13, 2007, 08:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xonomech

The WINDOWS USA are Enemies of Windows-Tans?
----Xonomech Xeno Mecha----

Aurora Borealis

You mean the 2K's, XP's and ME's counterparts in the "Trouble Windows in USA" series?

Probably aren't enemies. The OS-tan USA characters don't seem like much of a threat although XP-tan could see XP USA as an enemy for getting in the way of her beef bowl!
Of course those are just my guesses because I've only seen the first three pages of "Trouble Windows in USA"

xonomech

i hope what someone have more pages of the manga... it make me laught a lot.
----Xonomech Xeno Mecha----

Notsonoble

Odd, and here I was considering registering because I was hoping to request an image of FreeBSD-tan (somehow modified to represent PFsense) throwing this huge wall of fire between various 'nix and windows tans and viru-tan...

Bella's got a pretty good grasp on how the OS wars seem to have gone. Except how do you handle the joint win/nix fights against security problems (which honestly is very much a recent thing)?

Bella

Hello Notsonoble! Actually, C-Chan has created a FreeBSD-tan:

And we've created a lot of different *nix and other non-canon OS-tans. You can find most of them in the user galleries, and in our various member art threads.

As for joint Windows/*nix fights...tough call...I always assumed they were rather separate from one another...I honestly cannot see them teaming up...^^

C-Chan

I really SHOULD shade that one, shouldn't I?  But I reckon the BSD pic (with Dragonfly, Free, Open and Net) takes precedence over that ol thing.  ^+^

In fairness, that design if my personal take on FreeBSD-tan.  There were other renditions of her before that one, although none were particularly consistent.

As for *Nix/Win security pacts... well,... here's one instance where they cooperate to vanquish a common foe.... ^__________^;

I kid, I kid.  ^x^

But seriously, we'd probably need more info on the subject.  The only official collaboration between the two entities I can think of lies with SCO Unix, Novell SUSE, Xandros and TurboLinux (used to also be Linspire, but... well... they got what was coming to them... -.-; ).

Notsonoble

Quote from: "Bella"Hello Notsonoble! Actually, C-Chan has created a FreeBSD-tan:

I had seen this, and was happy with it!
As for joint Windows/*nix fights...tough call...I always assumed they were rather separate from one another...I honestly cannot see them teaming up...^^

XP-tan: "I won't let you win!"

'Nix-tan: "You can't stop me!"

Viru-tan to Spyware-tan: "look at that."

XP-tan and 'Nix-tan: "Get them" *leads several other suddenly appearing OS tans in the pummeling of viru and spyware*

Viru-tan (bruised and slightly bloddied): "Why did you stop... whezze... fighting... wheeze?"

XP-Tan: "Business before pleasure."

Added after 6 minutes:

Quote from: "C-Chan"
But seriously, we'd probably need more info on the subject.  The only official collaboration between the two entities I can think of lies with SCO Unix, Novell SUSE, Xandros and TurboLinux (used to also be Linspire, but... well... they got what was coming to them... -.-; ).

I've seen little official MS-'nix cooperation myself. However, I've seen lots of good setups using both for a combo of security and ease of use. I deal with (for various reasons). Ubuntu, XP, S2k3, RedHat, BSD, and even a few VMS machines at work because each provides something to smooth out operations or protect patient data at the hospital.

Bella

QuoteBut seriously, we'd probably need more info on the subject. The only official collaboration between the two entities I can think of lies with SCO Unix, Novell SUSE, Xandros and TurboLinux (used to also be Linspire, but... well... they got what was coming to them... -.-; ).

Ah, yes, there are some *nixes who like M$ a little too much, eh? T___T

QuoteI've seen little official MS-'nix cooperation myself. However, I've seen lots of good setups using both for a combo of security and ease of use. I deal with (for various reasons). Ubuntu, XP, S2k3, RedHat, BSD, and even a few VMS machines at work because each provides something to smooth out operations or protect patient data at the hospital.

VMS!!!?! You've worked with VMS!!!!!! OMG, you're my new best friend!

*grovels before Notsonoble*

If you can't tell by my avi, I like VMS. And VMS-sama, our personification of that OS. So, how were your experiences with the leather-clad, sword-swinging, NT-inspiring, eater of Skiddies? My only work with the OS has been playing on Deathrow Cluster's VMS machines, via Hyperterminal. I regretfully don't know any DCL, so we usually ended up just playing games.

And VMS-sama won every time T___T

C-Chan

QuoteI've seen little official MS-'nix cooperation myself. However, I've seen lots of good setups using both for a combo of security and ease of use. I deal with (for various reasons). Ubuntu, XP, S2k3, RedHat, BSD, and even a few VMS machines at work because each provides something to smooth out operations or protect patient data at the hospital.

Aaaa sou sou....
You're talking about individual setups -- I thought you meant like actual company policy. ^^'

In that case,... yeah sure, there are TONS of cases that one can potentially come up with involving teamwork and cooperation by a literal hodgepodge of different systems.  Plenty of instances where you can have a Windows or *Nix-tan beat up on viruses collectively,...and maybe other instances where they might COOPERATE with the viruses themselves to earn a little extra under-the-counter cash.  Fufu... `v'

Naturally, there's been plenty of group work done before.
Here's the latest of Grant_P-san's OS-tan fanfiction, which pairs XP-san and Ubuntu-san cooperating on... *snicker snicker, chortle chortle*... "security".  ^____^

http://ostan-collections.net/post-52979.html#52979

And here's a picture I drew a while ago, where you have XP-tan, FreeBSD-tand and MiMail-tan (a virus), joining forces to jump... of all things... a linux-tan and another virus-tan.  ^____^;

http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/albums/userpics/10570/FCLAbraxasFinal.png

QuoteVMS!!!?! You've worked with VMS!!!!!! OMG, you're my new best friend!

If you can't tell by my avi, I like VMS. And VMS-sama, our personification of that OS. So, how were your experiences with the leather-clad, sword-swinging, NT-inspiring, eater of Skiddies? My only work with the OS has been playing on Deathrow Cluster's VMS machines, via Hyperterminal. I regretfully don't know any DCL, so we usually ended up just playing games.

And VMS-sama won every time T___T

Yeeeeeeeeah... seems like, thanks to your VMS experience, you've automatically upgraded to the status of Demi-God in Bella-hime's eyes.  ^^

Oh well... if the shoe fits, I suppose.  -v-

Raffaele the Amigan

Many of you are too young to remember ancient computer wars , but if you could spot some vintage computer newspapers, you will se lots of flamewars between:

Atari 2600 and Mattel Intellivision

and then Commodore C64 versus Sinclair ZX Spectrum Wars...

More recently Amiga 500 Vs Atari ST...

There were pages and pages of flamewars still written by sending real letters to newspapers (internet was still in beta, for militars and universisites, and far from being usable by anyone) and sent by fanboys from one side or from the other side...

Mini sub wars... Which systems was better for games? Nintendo? Sega Megadrive? etc...
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

Aurora Borealis

I still remember the Nintendo vs. Sega wars of the mid 90's!

Another vintage computer rivalry was between the C64 and TI-99/4a in which the two companies (as well as some others, except for Apple) engaged in aggressive price wars! The C64 ultimately won as the TI-99/4a was sold too low, at a loss and TI pulled out of the computer market in 1983.

Notsonoble

Wow I should really check here more often...

Quote from: "Bella"

VMS!!!?! You've worked with VMS!!!!!! OMG, you're my new best friend!

*picks Bella up* Not really the great huge amounts that would earn me any groveling... but yeah from a operator stand point I use it.

Radjah

Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"I still remember the Nintendo vs. Sega wars of the mid 90's!

I remember this business. In comparison with today's wars, those seem nonsense.

P.S. I badly know English, I use the automatic translator: (

NejinOniwa

BABELFISH-DATOOOOUUUU!!!??!!??!

>.>

I mean, it still doesn't sound THAT bad...although the syntheticity does shine through.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Razgriz1

Hmmmm, I think an OS War Comic set would be interesting.

Curious, where are all of the comics that tell about other OS's?  I've yet to see any other comics beyond the ones on the image gallery here.

Razgriz1