H-NA Productions' RP 2 - ERROR:422 (Ingame)

Started by NejinOniwa, February 29, 2008, 03:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

Eliano caught up with the others just in time to hear that. "Oye! Look who's talking here, I thought you were the one to drench yourself in strongwine everyday, not me. And aside from that little incident I've stayed sober for the last five years, and the only reason for it being that short is that some folks bound me up while I was sleeping, cracked bottles of rum over me head and threw me in the water. I float pretty well, though," he added as he walked down the stairway to the bar room.

It was crowded in the whole hall - every barstool and every table was taken. Eliano's eyebrow twitched, and he ran his gaze over the room a bit more carefully. There! An empty table was spotted, and he immediately marched forward, plowing through the sea of people like a bull, and having the others following. Not really watching what he was doing, he grabbed the back of the chair and yanked it backwards. It was stuck. He gave it another yank, but it didn't move.
Frowning, he pulled it backwards; this caused it to tilt over, and also gave Eliano something resembling a very short girl to tumble into him. It was only the mass of people and other chairs pressing things together that kept him from tripping.
When he'd gotten back his balance, he nervously gazed downward. Indeed, something resembling a very short girl was looking at him with a quite angry, and surprised, look, lying upside-down on the floor in a rather embarrassing position. Mentally slapping himself, Eliano stretched down a hand to the girl, offering her help up. "Um...I'm sorry, there, lass...you alright? I'm sorry, but I just didn't see you down there so I thought the chair was stuck, and...well..."
His sentence trailed away as he realized - too late - that if he'd had a single chance of apologizing properly for this extremely bad move, mentioning her height had entirely crushed those chances. People like her usually were quite sensitive about that.
Deciding to do something about it before things exploded, he slapped himself - for real, this time - and then grabbed the girl, and promptly re-seated her on the chair. Then he gave her a quick bow, and as he was seating himself at the large table, he said, "Bloody haels! Sorry, lass, didn't mean to tumble ye. You mind if we join your table?"
As he'd sat down before she even had been given a chance to react, he considered the matter settled for the moment, and signed to the others to join them.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Smokey

Crazy Ox seated himself across the table from Eliano. He didn't speak, instead he was studying the little "girl", because he thought something "was a bit off" about this person.
As he studied her, he at intervals eyeballed the others around him, keeping track of what they were doing.
After a moment, a maid passed and he stopped her, telling her to bring him a beer and see if the rest wanted something too.
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

VonDaab

Beliza tugged the maid by her skirt and asked when her food will arrive.

The maid told her to wait a bit longer.

-Meh, couldn't expect good service from this place.

She then began digging in her bag, pulling out some maps and a notebook.

One of the maps was so big unfolded that she could use it kind of like a wall.
As she had already noticed Crazy Ox's "stydying", and was getting pretty annoyed about it.

She took out her pocketwatch from her waistpouch, brought it close to the ear,
listening to its beat for a moment then placed it on the table in a very careful manner.

-Balance sounds ok, she mumbled to herself.
She then began making notes in her small notebook, thinking that she could kill time with that until her food arrived.

NejinOniwa

(OOC: Right! From now on, it is the Main Story Mode. Prologue is over. ^-^
Anyway, I'll be splitting up Eliano's story, to allow your characters some reaction in-between. It gets more alive that way. Also I can slack more. -w-
PS: I know I suck at trying to type Eliano's speech in accent, as it is - I'll try, but likely I'll fail miserably half of the time and just forget about it the rest. Please bear with me.
PPS: Myoink. I had to get fuzzy on the sailing terms, but whatever. Also, important: 1 Step is 10 km. The metric system is used as measurement base; but instead of 1 m, 1 km, 1 metric mile, the units are 1 meter, 1 way, 1 step. 5 ways are generally referred to as way-step. There is also the leg-step (not very common) which is 10 steps, and mostly used at sea.)

Everyone was seated around the table, and the bar was emptying as well. Most would either be proceeding their journeys, or in the case of the few locals, hitting their own beds in order to catch tomorrow's small amount of sunlight at their best. Just perfect, then,[/color] Eliano thought for himself. He was actually getting somewhat into the mood, despite the situation. Flinching somewhat as the faces of his first mate and navigator flashed by before his eyes, he shook his head swiftly, and then clapped his hands. "Well then, everyone, tonight we be swinging the lamp. Lizzn carefully, because this tale iz truth right down to the bones. Children and others prone to phear cover yer ears, for the bones of truth are easily fearsome." As he said this he directed a quick glance at the diminutive one who he'd toppled before. It'd been longer and more full of glee if he didn't just remember that he'd trampled her, and thus not in a position to piss her off even more - instead, he snapped his eyes back onto the table, and went on.
"Iyt was, a dark and cloudy night. The moon waz nothing but an empty sphere, and only its shadow was to be seen when we spotted it beyond the clouds. I and me crew had been sailing for a few days rounding the streams round the Hilt after a shipment of goods to Claw's Bay. Haelsport - aye, a Halderan port, but a port as none other - we'd left loaded with cargo, and some of the men were bound for their homes and a time on the shore to spend with their spouse and offspring. We were headed for Din-Pailiar - a journey of 130 steps - and the first leg, southeast out of Claw's Bay, had gone smoothly; with a frisky breeze blowing south we took the first leg to the Nath line in less than two days.
"Late there, in the night shift when the wind was just enough to keep filling the sails, we made a swift jibe over from a starboard tack broad reach to port tack beam reach, heading straight westward. We made good speed once the wind picked up - my navigator had in Haelsport bought a fancy mechanical device to measure speed, and according to it we went well over 10 knots at all times, which seemed quite believable.
"But just past zenith on the third day, something...very odd happened. I cannot say exactly what it was, because I can't figure out how to depict it - but everything became silent. We could hear ourselves speak, oh yes, but the howl of the wind and the splash of the waves were all gone. Also, we could clearly see we were going forward, but the device said we were still as a stranded. It all was more odd than that, but that's all I can really put my finger on. Anyhow. It all lasted about twenty minutes. Somewhere in the middle of all that, I saw - and others on the crew as well - something, down in the water. It swam too fast to be seen properly, but it didn't look whale or fish. It all seemed very odd.
"None of us knew what to make of it, then - we all were pretty unnerved by it all, with the silence and all. But we wouldn't want to waste time, nor wanted we see cursed seas yet again, so we made haste to get away from the place as fast as we could.
"We arrived at Din-Pailiar at dusk of the fourth day. That,"
Eliano said dramatically, "was one week ago today." He grabbed a mug nearby and drew a few gulps. Then he placed his hands at the table and shot a look around to all of those seated by the table, carefully eyeing them all.

Smokey

"Hmmmm, interesting... A creature, living under the sea. Too bad you didn't get a good look at it, but do you suppose that that creature has something to do with your ship being gone? Crazy Ox asked, while trying to remember all the creatures of the sea that he knows of...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

Eliano shot a look at Ox. "I say that's probably the case. While ship theft isn't nonexistent, it's very rare in all our lands - and the cases that happen are mostly out at sea. And that thing was just bloody wicked strange, and the next day - well," he said, and cleared his throat before continuing.
"I had been resting in the warehouse office during the night, after some heavy paperwork for managing the business. I woke up at six past midnight, in the shift hour, and heard odd noises coming from outside. Not quite alert, I dragged myself outside - expecting to come upon some troublemaking lads - but instead, I see my ship, towed loose. Her sails are unfurling all by themselves, and there is nobody on deck - yet I can see the wheel turning, the tacks working and the ropes whirling - as if some invisible legion had boarded her. I was numbstruck at first, but even had I been there before anything happened at all I would have been too late. The wind wasn't even blowing, but still the sails were full. And most of all, there was that odd silence again - no wind, no waves, not even the sound of birds or anything else - only the beat of the sails, my footsteps on the ground, and the creaking of the mast.
But the most horrifying thing of it all...my crew. Last thing I saw before she got out of good sight was my first mate sleepily walking up on deck, then coming to and realizing what was happening, and screaming for help. And all I could do was stand at the dock and think, "This can't be happening". Now if you're still willing to follow me through with this ghost story, I can't but feel sorry for you all and myself for our cursed fates."
He placed his hands on the table and gazed around at the crowd gathered at the table with a level look, and then rose.
"But I'm not leaving my ship alone. That girl is my home, my love and my life - and I'm going to get her back. Nobody takes her from me; no, not even nobody is allowed to snatch her from my arms like that. And be it by myself or with others, I WILL RETURN HER." The words echoed through the hall, and Eliano sat down slowly.

Smokey

"I will" said Crazy Ox with a determined voice "I cannot let these spirits go free, they must be banished." and he slammed his fist on the table.
He stopped because he realized he was making a racket and people were looking.
Crazy Ox looked at the rest and bacame quiet, listening and thinking.
Thanks Fedora-sama

Gussy Keniji

Inuchi stood closeby observing the others her ears underneath the silly looking hat she donned keeping close tabs on what the others were discussing. She flinched a bit when the sailor shouted but she did manage to get what he was getting at, his ship stolen by a ghost or some other invisible entity, and from his tone...he obviously was very close to the vessal in question.

'Sounds like he had an encounter with a spirit or some other worldly appirition...' she thought to herself before the loud sound of the shamans fist startled her a bit, her tail and ears standing straight up in alarm. It was clear now, he was on a journey to get back something he loved, and she could feel for that...she too was on a bit of an excursion to get back (or at least get back into) something she loved. "I-I'll help too, Arf!" Inuchi spoke up as she walked closer to the table "I dunno what good I could do, but I'll help you however I can, nothin hurts more when you lose somethin you really like..."

"Wut..."

VonDaab

Beliza was listening to the discussion while eating.

"Supernatural creatures, eh?
So, how are you going to kill these "ghosts"? With courage and good will?
Do you even know where that ship was taken?"

"I implore you to research this incident before rushing into the waves, there must be people that are knowledgeable about similar occasions."

"Of course I assume that this would've been the first thing you'd do for the quest of retrieving your ship."

Smokey

"bagh! You sound like my grandfather, he always said that spirits are nothing like the prey we usually hunted."
Crazy Ox said with an annoyed voice. But then he seemed to remember something and his face turned a bit paler.
"He was usually right, though and spirits are indeed not things I'd want to mess with again. Yes we'd better learn more about these spirits before we attack them, not all of them are benevolent or harmless."
Crazy Ox said while stroking his left arm...
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

Eliano tapped his fingers at the table, somewhat irritated. "Quiet! Stop rambling, all of you."

He bit his thumb, cracking his jaw a bit, and then reached down into his bag. After rummaging a bit, he swore, and pulled the roll of weathered parchment that was the Star Chart. He turned it over, revealing its back side - an ordinary sea chart and map - and rolled it out on the table.
"This is Quarmote." He put his finger at the Hilt, and traced it upwards until he stopped a bit above the spot that was Estinar. "This is where we are now. I arrived here in the late night two days ago, and have been here ever since; but before that, I set up some arrangements. There are four things that I will undoubtedly need to get my girl back. Those would be knowledge of that creature, whatever it was...intelligence on the ship's location...and lastly, a ship and a crew."
He cast a look around the table, and then closed his eyes. "I have set up a way to acquire a ship, and possibly some information on that creature, and it seems the winds and waves have brought me something like a crew as well. That leaves us with the ship's location to find out on our own - and I'm not entirely clueless in that department either.
But first things first,"
he said and once again placed his hands on a point at the map, tracing lines as he spoke. "We must first take ourselves to my dock and warehouse, and get ourselves some material supplies. It is located in Din-Pailiar, here. We are here, four steps away from Estinar - and from Estinar to Din-Pailiar the straight road is some twenty steps more. Most likely we will be able to obtain horse or some other means of quicker transportation in Estinar - but until then we'll have to go by foot. If we're quick we'll arrive in Estinar before eve shift tomorrow, and from there it should take some week to get to Casa Boña. There I will meet my contact. From there on we'll see what to do, depending on what info we get. If you are to follow me in this, you might as well know where we're going, si? Now, you got any questions?" He leaned over the table and snatched a shaved cactabre, gobbling it down with little chewing; then he gazed around the table.

Techno the fox

Sitting at the other end of the table, Techno was closely listening to everything the others said, thinking a bit about how they would get this done.

"Well, it's set then. We're going to do this. So, around what time shall we be setting off for Estinar?"

OOC: Sorry for the short post, I'm still getting warmed up to RPing here. But I'm in, and It doesn't take me long to become one of the most frequent posters.

Anyway, let the RP commence.

PS: Ghost Nigga stole my ship!

Smokey

"I say we get some sleep and head out nice and early"
Said Crazy Ox with an eager voice, but then he realized he was getting hungry and continued:
"But first we should get something to eat, I can't sleep on an empty stomach."
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

Eliano grinned at the shaman, who for once said something coherent. "That' just what I was thinking, lad. Where's that maid now, eh!?" he hollered at the bar, rasping his voice a bit.

Gussy Keniji

Inuchi nodded in agreement with the others "Yeah, somthing to eat would be nice..." she paused for a moment as she began to think about what she would buy to eat "I wonder if they sell dog food here..."

"Wut..."