H-NA Productions' RP 2 - ERROR:422 (Ingame)

Started by NejinOniwa, February 29, 2008, 03:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokey

OW, d00d... respect... you do capoeira ;010...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

NejinOniwa

Now, now. ^-^

But anyway...FOLKS, WE'RE LAUNCHING.

::UNIVERSAL NC-IC CONSOLE
::INPUT COMMAND: "INITIALIZE_RIFT=TRUE; PORT=13"
::RIFTSPACE COLLAPSE POINT CREATED. STABILIZING...

.TEMPORARY SINGLOCK RIFT IS STABLE, CHANNEL ESTABLISHED.
..BEGINNING PROCESSING OF DESIGNATED UNITS FOR TRANSFER.
...PROCESSING COMPLETE. TRANSFER INITIATED. UNITS 1-5 SUCCESSFULLY TRANSFERED.
....WARNING: UNKNOWN UNIT DETECTED IN TRANSFER SLOT 13. CONTINUING TRANSFER WILL RISK THE SAFETY OF TRANSFERRED UNITS---
.....UNKNOWN UNIT HAS BREACHED THE RIFT. TRANSFERRING COUNTER-CONTAMINATION UNITS.
......TRANSFER PROCESS OF COUNTER-CONTAMINATION UNITS ABORTED. RIFTSPACE ENTRY IS CORRUPT. SINGLOCK RIFT DESTABILIZED. COLLAPSE IMMINENT.
---ACCESS DENIED - REASON: UNPROCESSABLE ENTITY---

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||ERROR:422|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Ever since the very beginning, man was a wanderer. And that did not change with the coming of civilization - however, it did give a wanderer two good things. A good road to walk, and a good bed and a drink at its end. And ever since the opening of the first little village inn, there have always been numerous places for all sorts of people to stop by for a rest, a meal, and a heart-warming glass of the local alcoholic beverage to drink. New such are built all the time, and every day a few follows the circle of birth and destruction of the economic market and are closed, taken over, converted into something entirely else or, in some cases, simply put to the torch and burnt down by people who didn't think it belonged there - wherever now that might have been. Few stand for longer than some century or two; But out there, there are some of those places that have remained ever since the very beginning, and are as old or even older than the village or city where they stand. They can be everything from the finest restaurants to the worst shack you've ever seen, and the personnel can be anything from swarms of the most beautiful ladies swept from the poor and commoners or even nobles' daughters who have fallen on rough times, to a single grumpy bartender with more beard than face, but there are two things that you can always get on these old and respectable inns.
They are:
The most accurate information about happenings for low and high in the area;
And secondly, the the best drinks you can find in a distance of hundreds of miles.

The little road linking Vassica's North with its East, between Hayince and Estinar, crosses through two things worthy of notice.
The first is the temple-town of Virdui, containing Vassica's greatest Temple of Haelfyre. It is the target for most pilgrims from both West Peltair and Vassica, and a well-known place, if small.
The second would be the tiny oasis village of Ternem, located halfway between Virdui and Estinar, which is both a necessary pit-stop for travelers over the mighty sand dunes of the Motim Desert, but also one of the best places within the Vassican border to get yourself a good drink. Ternem's inn, the Stranded Sandy, is many hundred years old, and is famous for its unique Cactus Grapes and the beverages made out of it.
The master brewer and owner of the inn is Valyr-Som Visnar, an old buff of few words and a great, black mustache. He doesn't speak Imrish, but he doesn't care much since he leaves most of the talking to his personnel, consisting of a very talkative, handsome, tall, long-haired bartender of unknown origin by the name Nashley; and five maids in huge loads of frills, known as Marnma, Serle, Virleyi, Pal and Lenoria - the last of whom is quite an oddball.

It is just 3 hours past Zenith, and the roads are still well-filled, but nonetheless it is almost completely dark outside, with no light but the stars and the moon to shine up the pale desert. While Vassicans and the other peoples of Quarmote have lived with the shifting seasons of darkness and light for their whole lives, others are not, such as the mysterious Techno, who has been staying at the inn for a few days now, and are thus unnerved quite much by the almost total lack of daylight during Quarmote's version of winter.
Sitting at a table in a corner is the silver-haired Inuchi, whom nobody really knows up and down about. She arrived just this morning, bought a room and slept like a log, rocking the whole building with her massive snores. She just woke up, and her daily rhythm is right now totally screwed up.

By the bar disk sits the nomad shaman Crazy Ox, who for the moment lives in the vicinity and has recognized this place as a good supply for refreshments. He is a regular visitor, and chats merrily with the equally talkative - albeit not as drunk - bartender.
A few other people are around and running, sitting and drinking in the room, and except for one they're all quite merry...for a few chairs away from Crazy Ox, sits the depressed figure of Eliano Pareña, who is currently trying to drink away the painful memory of losing his beloved ship...

The stage has been set, and the curtain is drawn. Let our story begin.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Smokey

Right..... Let's drink to that! Cheers! *Almost falls of his barstool*
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

Toki

(... I can't start. I never can. I'm a failure at starting)
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

Smokey

Why do you think I'm still getting hammered *hic, burp*
I'm waiting for the rest so I can figure out what I should do and how... (don't forget, im a n00b)
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

(wow. ^^ Well, if you insist, try reading some of the posts from the old RP. that should give you a clue on how to proceed. can't post anything now though, too busy with PARTY HARD)

Smokey

Party hard cause brain-..... thingy... *twitch, twitch*
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

(Okay, people. Please stop clogging up the ingame thread with things that don't belong there, ok? It makes it messy. Also, the Outgame thread is now opened, so all discussion, questions and new Characters go there. Now let's get to it!)

Eliano felt fuzzy. He knew he wasn't good with alcohol, and yet he'd just pounced down by the bar disk, flung up his pouch and heaved away at the booze. Bloody stupid he was. On the other hand, what else was there to do? He'd slept through the entire day, and most likely, with the hangover he'd get from this, he'd do the same tomorrow.
He drew another heavy gulp of his wine, and felt it burn its way through his throat. He slung a heavy look at the guy beside him. He seemed to be doing fine, despite having drunken a lot more than himself, and yet this damn Cactus wine was pretty damn much stronger than the normal variant. He felt dizzy and depressed. He decided to tell someone. As nobody else was around, he decided for the guy right next to him this time too.
"You...you 'nowwha?" he said to the guy. It didn't sound quite right, and it came out in Imrish, but he didn't care much.
"Aye...ve got a reeeal nice boat...yunnow."
He swayed a bit, and a hiccup found its way up through his throat. "But shomwan...shomwan SHTOLD it fwom me." The memory floated up, and he felt the anguish as it'd been just yesterday. Heck, it HAD happened yesterday! Or almost, at least. But hael, what did a few days matter anyway?
"Zey shtold it fwom me! It wash juscht thear in za dowk...and zen it juscht...*hic*...zaild away befow mah eyez! Theze eyez, you she?"
He said reassuringly (or at least, he tried to), pointing at his eyes.
He gulped down the rest of the contents of his mug in one go, and slammed it down on the disk. "And ayv had zat ship...FOW MAH HOLE LIFE! Awmost! AND ZEY SHTOLD IT!"
He was flailing about with his arms, and yelling quite loudly, so the entire room had their attention on him by now - and he finished it off by flailing so much, his stool tipped. With a surprised look on his face as he fell, he hit his head on the hard floor and went out cold.

Smokey

Crazy Ox heard the entire story and knew that this might be a nice way of earning some money. He took Eliano with him to his room, and threw a bucket of cold water over his face....
When Eliano woke up, Crazy Ox introduced himself and explained how he was willing to help him find his boat back: Soo, you probably want your boat back, right? Well I can help. I have knowledge of the land and I know a bit of the water wich may help you on your "hunt". I can also fight for you if we find your boat, since I have a bit of skill with swords... We can probably agree on a payment of some kind. So what say you, sailor-man?
Thanks Fedora-sama

Toki

With a tug on her hair and a twitch of her nose, Lenoria complacently started to wipe down the counter tops which the two strange men had not long previously inhabited. She blinked in slight bewilderment at the amount of alchohol covering the counter, and wondered if the man had spilled more than he swallowed. Generally it was policy not to get involved with the skirmishes of customers unless they endangered any profit. So Lenoria was a might suprised that just as the flap of the man's pant leg was out of sight, the bar keep kept looking after them, a ponder across his brow. He rubbed his chin and gave Lenoria a look before motioning her towords him.
After discarding the wash rag she answered his call with a tilt of her head. His directions were as follows: Follow those men, and be sure they weren't up to anything 'funny'.
Hardly feeling she was the one for the job, she tapped up the stairs and waited awkwardly before the door. Unsure of what to do next, she decided to listen.
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

Techno the fox

Meanwhile on the far end of the bar, the mysterious Techno sits at a table, messing around with a small mechanical device of unknown origin.
He looks up just in time to see Lenoria walking into the back room, following Crazy Ox and Eliano. Having overheard Eliano's story several miniutes ago, Techno slowly sits up from his table and follows Lenoria upstairs.

He stops for a second as he passes her, seemingly captivated by how beautiful she is.

He snaps out of it a few seconds later, "Oh, uhh Excuse me."
He says, as he continues to walk down the hall, until he gets to his destination.

As he opens the door and enters the room, Crazy Ox and Eliano look up at him.

"So I hear you lost your boat. Well, I don't mean to intrude in personal affairs, but I could offer a bit of assistance...If you're interested that is."

OOC: And so it starts!

NejinOniwa

(OOC: Hah! Charming Techno! Why lookie here. -w- Anyway, I'll fire things up a bit to propel things some.)

Eliano was smashed awake as he got a bucketload of cold water in his face. Well, it wasn't all that cold since he was in the middle of the desert, but some chill was in there anyway. Also, being used to sudden storms and waters from waves suddenly going into the captain's cabin and having to wake up fast to go on living, he had the reflex of waking up in water marrowed to the bone.
That said, he wasn't much more sober, just very confused.
Two guys - that they were male was basically the only thing he could see, since he was still batass drunk and saw more rainbows than colors - were standing over him, and he was laying down.
He was slumped against something wooden, on an even more wooden floor. He thought he could see something, or someone, standing in the doorway, but he wasn't sure. And the two guys probably were talking to him, but he didn't hear shit.
As thus, he said, "Whuzzah? Can' hear ye, bolledsh!", in an attempt to make himself understood. Then, as he heard his own voice was muffled as well, he realized something was a bit wrong here. He nudged his head right and left, and forced a yawn, and felt a bubble burst, and some water running out of his ears.
"Thur we go, shesh," he said, sound-testing. It sounded pretty fine. He shook his head a bit, trying to get rid of the drunkenness, which now that his common sense had started to return bit by bit, was making him feel pretty stupid.

Smokey

Crazy Ox had noticed Techno entering his room, and while he looked around, also noticed Lenoria.
"Well there's not much privacy to be found in my room, I see. I can understand that the maid had followed me, but that a guest would follow me..."
He said in a suprised voice. As he saw that Eliano was still confused and the other two were just curious, he started to pull himself together and continue in a more serious voice:
"This is getting interesting. Explain yourselves." While his hand slowly went to his knife, just in case...
Thanks Fedora-sama

Toki

Peeking somewhat shyly around the corner of the door, Lenoria looked around the room at the three men, assessing each of them breifly. Though it does seem a bit strange that the two seem so gung ho to help the man, there doesn't seem to be anything too out of place about the situation. As one of the strange men addressed everyone she blinked in suprise. Realizing that the most strange thing might be her, as it usually is, she steped full into the light of the door, twisting a ruffle on her apron. Not being able to meet the gaze of any of the three men, she looked at their feet, which were much less intimidating, before speaking. "H-hello... I was only wondering if I could be of any assistance. I noticed your freind is a little under the ale." As she spoke her eyes darted momentarily to each of their faces.
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

NejinOniwa

Eliano gave out a shout. "Hey! Dat wasn't ale, 'twas bloody Cactus wine! How bloody strong iz dat zing, weh!?" Most of his drunken slur had gone away now, but it was still a bit hard to control his tongue properly.
He attempted to stand up, but as he was focusing on muttering instead of his movements, "Bloody zing downed me in a single mug- WOAH!" was all he could say before he accidentally swept his legs across Ox, tripping him and making himself lose the little balance he had, thus bringing them both down in a twisted heap of limbs.