MEWXPZLFUDAWV Club!

Started by Bella, November 29, 2007, 11:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsubashi

I am saddened at the current form of discussion. Please don't argue; this is not a hate club. Our club name doesn't call vista names, it doesn't discriminate against those who use the system, Technically we don't even say it's a bad system. Suppose we had called it  "The People Who Don't Use Vista Club?" In essence they are the same thing. We share a common aspect: we have no desire to use Windows Vista. I echo the words of our honorable leader, Bella-sama: [Keep it] friendly!

Now enough about club opposition, and onto news from the department of Mac affairs. ^.^
An interesting tidbit I picked up from the Wine mailing list: Leopard is able to load and understand Windows Portable Executable (PE) files which is the common format for Windows applications and libraries. Nifty, eh? Of course, some people are saying that Apple is integrating Windows virtualization into Mac OS X itself. Not an entirely new rumor, but one that is starting to show some substantiation!
-Tsu

Bella

Darnit, am I supposed to post or not? ;)

I cannot speak for anybody else, but my personal feelings are:

-This concept started satirically and jokingly, and I want to keep it this way! I've always had a good sense of humor and enjoyed a bit of fun being poked at the things I hold dear (be it my country, beliefs, heritage...or much less serious things like OSs).

-I'm not a contentious person by nature, and like to keep the peace...I try to give everyone, whether or not I agree with or not, a chance to explain their side. I think the truth in life lies on neither side, but the middle.

-I don't want this to be an OS-tan vs. OS-tan kinda thing. Politics aside I like Vis-tan; she's a beautiful and befitting character design. I also want to keep the users out of it, as I think Darknight and the Capt. are both great people, excellent and unique artists, and add a lot to this forum! I try not to let petty things get in the way of who I socialize with.

-I would like to reiterate, I have nothing against Windows, Vista or MS; What I do dislike is companies messing with the consumer. If Apple or a Linux distributer up and decided to change things around with their OS and made it *less satisfactory in the eyes of many*, I'd oppose them too.

-We have to remember, these are OSs. This is not a life-and-death matter. I've always had an odd fascination with OS zealotry, how some users can have a religious-like zeal about the program running their computer, and consider all other OSs garbage and their users idiots. Luckily, I don't think we have a single person like that at our forum.
I might be sounding hypocritical about now...after all, I really love XP. Truth be said, I sometimes feel silly for my attachment to this OS, but I am not a fan of XP exclusively, love to try different things, and I recognize there are OSs better than the ones I like. Whether they're better for me, however, has yet to be determined.

Perhaps the OS-tans add a certain layer of drama and interest to inanimate OSs, which is probably why I like the concept ;)

I agree with the Capt. that this thread should perhaps be moved to the computers and gaming section, too. Furthermore, I applaud Darknight for taking this with some humor ;)

QuoteCause as a wise person once said:

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. "

Ahem...perhaps the third part should be "then they debate you" and the fourth, "then you come to a amiable concordance" ;)

QuoteNow enough about club opposition, and onto news from the department of Mac affairs. ^.^
An interesting tidbit I picked up from the Wine mailing list: Leopard is able to load and understand Windows Portable Executable (PE) files which is the common format for Windows applications and libraries. Nifty, eh? Of course, some people are saying that Apple is integrating Windows virtualization into Mac OS X itself. Not an entirely new rumor, but one that is starting to show some substantiation!

Does that mean OS X may be able to run some Windows applications?

Tsubashi

The Great Bella-sama has spoken, thus there is no more room to debate! ^v^
The doubters have had their say, have given their warnings. I don't think anything more needs to be said on the subject, please?
Well, except... Bella-sama didn't give a definite answer to moving the thread. ^^'

QuoteDoes that mean OS X may be able to run some Windows applications?

Well technically OS X has been able to run some windows apps under a special port of Wine, but now it seems to natively support some apps. Nifty feature, I think ^-^
-Tsu

IanDanKilmaster

Why do I know this is going to seem like I'm waffling? -__-

I think the Capt and Darknight have made quite a good point, this thread is really, really rife with the potential for flamebait.  I commend Bella on her subject description for this thread because I think it properly sets the tone as being satirical, but despite that each of us feel very strongly about what is and isn't our OS of choice and those feelings lend themselves very easily into flamewars.  I believe that I share the same concern as Darknight when I say that it might not take too long for any of us to take this "crusade" too seriously (and that is, if it should ever get serious at all).  Keep in mind, how many of us would still feel as good-humored once an anti-Linux or anti-Mac thread got started (not that I expect it, just stating it hypothetically)?

While not really as major an issue, this thread's presence in OS-tan discussions should probably be resolved.  I would suggest that this thread be dedicated to solely artwork relating to the topic, but I think that anti-Vistan (I mean, artwork that actually depicted Vistan in it) art would end up being bonafide grounds for flamebait.  So I suppose this would be best placed in Computers & Gaming, but I'm concerned as to how that might give the impression that we're having a serious discussion.  Without better suggestions, I'm glad this really isn't my call.

To reference my earlier post, I apologize if that came across as an actual attack.  While the comment may have had some small bit of spite attached, I assure you I only meant it as a rib (not a very good one, but still I was only kidding).  Furthermore, I also realize that I should've noticed my ribbing was directed not at the OS itself, but the users and for that I also I apologize.

P.S.  If parts of this post seem a little late, it's because it took awhile to type and after I hit the post button I was presented with a notice that let me know that there had been posting since I started to type.  So I think Tsubashi and Bella each covered some ground in their posts that I suppose I'm simply retreading.  Sorry but there was alot of things I wanted to say and it would take me awhile to edit the posts to remove dated content.

The Choice of a New Generation.

CaptBrenden

Then its pretty much decided. This is about the OS itself, not the tan, and thus shall be moved to the computers and gaming subforum.  I have many more things to say on the subject, but as they do the forum no good and they are personal opnions and feelings on the subject and there are no room for such as a mod I will simply move the thread and monitor it as nessicary.  

The topic has already been flagged for possible problems, so please be very careful what you say in the thread and think about it before you say it.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Bella

Good call, Captain :)

Honestly, I'd rather use my "system resources" for better stuff than bickering about which OS is better than another. Let's keep it intelligent and friendly...Tsubashi bringing up the Windows/OS X compatibility is a good point of "Windows/Mac friendliness" ;)

C-Chan

Awwww,... you moved the thread to the Computer section far too quickly.  And I had so much cute art planned with our quadruple OS-tan team..... ;___;

Oh wait a sec,... I don't have the time to draw all that....
So I guess this works out for me after all,.... -v-

*C-chan puts feet up and lazily shuffles paper around pretending to be busy*

In any event, congratulations y'all for surviving your first challenge admirably.  ^^

You've reiterated that the mission objective is about the Vista OS, as stated during our founding discussions -- cause after all, wouldn't it be insane to pick a fight with 1,275,045 Vistans?  The fact that the girls in the logo are just tugging a flag is another dead giveaway.  -v-

In any event, kudos to Tsubashi-san for his awesome new banner, Bella-dono for her proven leadership, and Mr. Batman who, although sounding abrasive at times, is at heart just playing along.   That's why I love to kid around with my paisano. ^.^

Our local moderator still needs to lighten up, but probably will as he discovers that this thread is as tame as the forum section it originally belonged to.

I admit I have trouble lightening up in some of the other lounge threads, which is why I never visit them anymore.  A damn shame to since I love some of the MSPaiint Jobs,... but alas, it's all in the name of Equivalent Trade.

Added after 3 minutes:

In any event, time for less sap, more news:

http://www.zdnetasia.com/news/business/0,39044229,62035012,00.htm

Fufu!  Now I only have to worry about fetching news articles!  ^v^

*skips off in search of more*

QuoteAhem...perhaps the third part should be "then they debate you" and the fourth, "then you come to a amiable concordance"

No fair,... I wrote that when the thread was still comedic satire.  ^0^

C-Chan

Chalk one up for a VERY creative computing solution!  ^___^

http://www.aleutia.com/offgrid/

Brought to you by a certain little puppy....  Â¯v¯

Bella

O________O Wow. That's incredible!

*Makes me want to draw a survivalist Puppy-chan...XD*

Techno the fox

Bwahahah!
The MEWXPZLFUDAWV is still up and running strong.
I've always been one to stick with a club or social group throughout the toughes of trials and attacks.

Now, onto the matter.

Woooooow..

*Stares in awe at the Aleutia computer*

Niiiice!

*Thumbs up*

C-Chan

Fufufu... oh okay, I lied about not putting artwork here.  Or rather, I REALLY wanted to be lazy, but you guys inspire me to make these silly things. ^^'

A big round of applause to Bella-san for the idea.... -v-

http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/albums/userpics/10570/PuppyRyoga.png

This was a new type of speedy one-shot drawing I'm trying to practice with.  The time limit was set at 1 hour, but my fussiness ended up extending it to two.  Either way, I think it works out and has shading, background and anything.  

Once i add a few more touches, make the clouds a little sharper, and put my real self in vector form (didn't have access to my SVG graphic from my laptop), then I'll Open Sauce her tomorrow!  ^V^

Now how's that for an Aleutia promotion?  ^______^

Added after 2 minutes:

Oh, and yeah,... I'm burnt out too.  XvX

*snore*  -___- Zzzz

NejinOniwa

Oh hell, i WANT one of those... *fawn*
Just the type of thing you need when mountain hiking. -w- WANT WANT WANT, PUPPY-CHAN!!! >W<
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

NekOSaka

Damn... can't-fight-Inu... Now all I need is the actual spare money and effort to buy one... I guess my lacking those is my own way of fighting the cute... Wow, I fail... but the fail is helping me win? XP

... But if I loose I get the Inu... Do I want to win!? What do I do!? *mind breaks*

*curls up into ball* Get it together... Get it together... Get it together... Get it together  Get it together... Get it together... Get it together

C-Chan

QuoteOh hell, i WANT one of those... *fawn*
Just the type of thing you need when mountain hiking. -w- WANT WANT WANT, PUPPY-CHAN!!! >W<

Fufu... I know what you mean,.. the UltraPortable package is REALLY cool because it comes with foldable solar panel, foldable keyboard, trickle chargers and other goodies.  Sadly, when stuff is valued in pounds, you KNOW it can't be cheap.  ^^;

QuoteDamn... can't-fight-Inu... Now all I need is the actual spare money and effort to buy one... I guess my lacking those is my own way of fighting the cute... Wow, I fail... but the fail is helping me win? XP

... But if I loose I get the Inu... Do I want to win!? What do I do!? *mind breaks*

*curls up into ball* Get it together... Get it together... Get it together... Get it together Get it together... Get it together... Get it together

No problemo, NekOsaka.  ^__^
I hear that when engaged in a dilemma on whether or not to succumb to the blind subservience of a cute puppy girl,... you can always kick your shoe into the air and see where it falls to decide.  ^.^

================

Later today I'd like to start a new mini-Project assembling a list of all known energy-efficient and/or small form-factor computers that are as daring and interesting as the Aleutia above.  ^___^

In the meantime, some brief Vista news....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7126902.stm

and an opinion piece on MinWin....

http://techiqmag.com/2007/12/03/maximum-wait-for-minwin-windows-70/

Bella

QuoteFufufu... oh okay, I lied about not putting artwork here. Or rather, I REALLY wanted to be lazy, but you guys inspire me to make these silly things. ^^'

Hey, I already have a Valentine's day pic planned for posting here :P
But...onto topic....
O. M. Freakin. G.

I didn't see hiking survivalist Puppy-chan coming! Too cuuuuuute! ^_^ I love her Aleutia backpack XD

And in a couple of hours? That's great!

QuoteDamn... can't-fight-Inu... Now all I need is the actual spare money and effort to buy one... I guess my lacking those is my own way of fighting the cute... Wow, I fail... but the fail is helping me win? XP

Ahhhh, doggirls. Catgirls get all the publicity, I've always thought doggirls were underated...

QuoteFufu... I know what you mean,.. the UltraPortable package is REALLY cool because it comes with foldable solar panel, foldable keyboard, trickle chargers and other goodies. Sadly, when stuff is valued in pounds, you KNOW it can't be cheap. ^^;

It's a carbon-footprint free computer!

QuoteIn the meantime, some brief Vista news....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7126902.stm

and an opinion piece on MinWin....

http://techiqmag.com/2007/12/03/maximum-wait-for-minwin-windows-70/

Well, these are certainly steps in the right direction  ;010

As much as I hate to admit it, MinWin is starting to intrigue me...