OSC H&H -BATTLEFIELD- | Crnt. Area: Colosseum | RRV2a

Started by NejinOniwa, September 08, 2007, 07:10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

Welcome to the OSC H&H Battlefield! This is where we take random characters and pit them against each other in a contest of blood-red popularity, where the Quantum setting is ALWAYS on.

This started off as a war amongst OS'es. Now past the war waged in the Ocean of Piss between the memes on 4chan /b/, we are now looking for new fighters to join the brawl of the myths in Colosseum.

Quote from: "List of battlefields"Amphiteatrum Flavium / Colosseum (11/4 Y8 -> Current)
4chan /b/ (06/02 Y8 - 05/04 Y8) Winner: DESU / Suiseiseki
Mushroom Kingdom (07/01 - 01/02 Y8) Winner: Louise Meyrink
Hollywood (02/11 - 06/12 Y7) Winner: Sandra Bullock
OS-Tan Dimension (08/9 - 15/10 Y7) Winner: None (Round Draw)

Rules Section
Current Rule Set: Rules Revision 2a (7/1 Y8)
When looking for the newest additions to the rules set, look for text in Bold Italic Orange.

Every day you have 4 points to spend on different moves.

MOVE LIST[/b]
+1 Revive = 4 points
-1 Revive = 2 points
+2 Health = 4 points
-2 Health = 2 points
-1 Health = 1 point
-4 Health = 4 points
-2 Revive = 4 points

Ergo, giving points costs twice as much as taking points, and Revive points costs twice as much as Health points. Normal moves can be combined in all ways that together cost only 4 points.

NEW IN RRV2HI-OUGIS[/u][/size]

For those of you who've never played a TALES game, Hi-Ougi is short for Hissatsu/Himitsu Ougi Waza, which means Sure-Kill/Secret Ultimate Technique.
Hi-Ougis is the newest addition to this game (RRV2). It was added because I thought it would be fun to try and since I was bored, and wanted to make up some new rules while I was rewriting the first post anyway.
(Warning! Rant incoming!)
Hi-Ougis are where the Quantum really comes into play, and it will be a weekly thing - thus, only one person a week may unleash the terrible power of the Hi-Ougi upon the Battlefield.
Every Monday, the holder of the Hi-Ougi baton (I will be its first holder, of course) writes down the details of this week's Hi-Ougi, and posts them ITT. Hi-Ougis can do basically whatever you want (more on that later), but it's important that they have some distinguishing details - because the next step is to FIND the Hi-Ougi.
The holder of the Hi-Ougi baton will then hide the Hi-Ougi away in some random post he/she makes that day. It can be anything from an Associated Word, to a half-page essay/ramble á la Sempai, whatever - but the important thing is that it's hidden away.
Because then the hunt for it ensues - and the first finder of it posts his find ITT, or if he wants to keep it secret, PM's the baton holder. After comfirmation it may be used as wished, until the week's end - then, next monday, the one who found last week's HO gets the baton, and gets to write that week's HO.

HI-OUGI PROPERTY RULES
NEW IN RRV2: Quantum Points - HO's have 8 quantum points to spend on whatever effects they wish. QP's allow you to heal for the same price as you wound.
NEW/CHANGED IN RRV2a: Effects - HO's can give their targets classic RPG effects like Poison (-1 point/day), Curse (No heal!), and Shield (Damage taken -1) - effects normally die out after 7 days or at week's end, but if they are exceptionally powerful or you pay more QP for them than normal, they can last shorter or longer.
IMPORTANT! Names - Your Hi-Ougi MUST have a fancypants name.

So basically, use your fantasy - a HO designed by Cappy might just be pure damage, while Tsubashi's HO might be a Healing Aura for the whole cast, and a shield for one. And remember that Quantum gives you...well...a QUANTUM of possibilities.

Template Goes Here:
Badass Name of Hi-Ougi: Must Be In Italics and Underlined
-x Damage, number of max/min targets (QP Points spent)
+y Heal, number of max/min targets (QP Points spent)
Effect Name in italics - Properties of effect (QP Points spent)
(Optional) If you wish, write a hint on how/where to find your Hi-Ougi in the forums here.

Example:
Balefire Sword: Chrono Crest
-6 Damage, 1 target (6QP)
Timebind - Negates all healing done during this Hi-Ougi week. (2QP, due to being quite powerful effect)
Hint: Look for beavers in the posts.

Quote from: "Hidden Post: (Word Association thread)"
Balefire

Beavers should totally be able to use it.

FINAL HO RULES:
When finding the Hidden Post, please post a link to the post and a quote of the relevant section.
IF a week should pass without anyone using the HO, it will be declared null, and the baton will return to me, to get the HO's rolling again - but let's all make it somewhat easy so that never happens, mmkay? ^-^

NEW/CHANGED IN RRV2a: COMPENSATION RULE:
The user that writes the week's HO has, in compensation for not being able to use the week's HO, 2 QP to spend freely along with his/her normal points at any time during the week. This includes causing effects. All Hi-Ougi QP rules apply.

NEW/CHANGED IN RRV2a: REVISED SYNTAX:
As additional features have been added a change in the base syntax was needed. It now looks as seen below.
NAME :: XX HP :: TURN :: EFFECT ::
Key: The in the TURN field, add all actions taken towards this character this turn, for clarification. You still have old way of typing in HP in the HP field - meaning, you type the current HP, not the HP before this turn. Effects added this turn is typed in the TURN field, and all active effects are typed in the EFFECT field together with how long they have left before they die out (days) and a short explanation. If a Hi-Ougi is used, please type (HO) in the end of the TURN field.
EXAMPLE:
ME-tan :: 13 HP :: TURN -6 HP (HO) :: EFFECT Negacíon (5 days) Subtract 1 point from all heals to this character.
NEW/CHANGED IN RRV2a: EXTENDED REVIVAL RULES:[/u]
One revival given equals 2 hp given, instead of the previous 1. Revival still needs 10 HP minimum over 4 days, but now it takes only 5 points.
If the character takes Revival Point damage during the revival, the HP will be subtracted from his/her total upon revival - however, he/she will not take direct RP damage. Negative HP can be Healed away normally, but not increase the HP over the limit of the current amount of RP (a character with 6 RP cannot be healed above 12 HP while in the Revival Queue).
The syntax for characters in the Revival Queue is slightly different from the others, and if RP damage is taken this will show as negative HP points. Days left before revival queue end is written in the HP/RP field. EXAMPLE:
Sonata :: 4 RP -2 HP :: TURN +1 RP:: EFFECT ::

GENERAL RULES:
A character dies when its HP reach 0, obviously.
There can be no more than 10 characters in the game at the same time.
1 post per day and member - and yes, a HO counts too.                        SPECIAL RULES:
Be careful.                                                 Beavers are not allowed.
                                                                Beavers are allowed.
                                                               Quantum setting is always on.
Also, do not kill me for not including Homeko.Do what the hell you want, seriously.

Below is the original first post (with rules excluded - they haven't been changed, only increased in amount), and the beginning of the first tournament at Area: OS-Tan Dimension.
O
L
D

P
O
S
T
||
w

Yawkay...tiems for a new game! It's called Hurt&Heal, and works like this...

The chosen canon OS-Tans will be given 20 health points, as thus. (Some will be excluded from the start, thou, cuz otherwise it'd be no end to the madness.)

XP-tan: 20
2k-tan: 20
ME-tan: 20
Hacchan: 20
95-tan: 20
3.1-tan: 20
Inu-T: 20
Sonata: 20
OSX-tan: 20
Tiger-tan: 20

No linuces, i know, but there just aren't very many of them...
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella

Normal, heal XP-tan and hurt Hacchan?

XP-tan: 21
Hacchan: 18
OSX-tan: 20

Is that how this works ;)

NejinOniwa

Yes, kinda. And for the sake of it...

95-tan: 21
OSX-tan: 18

OSX-tan Hurt -2 95-tan Heal +1

Darknight_88

Nejin's a wise man

95-tan: 22
OSX-tan: 16

Normal Attack
OSX-tan Hurt -2 95-tan Heal +1

:)

Aurora Borealis

95-tan hurt -2, OS X-tan Heal +1

OSX-tan: 17

NewYinzer

Normal: OS X-tan hurt -2, 95-tan heal +1.

95-tan: 21
OSX-tan: 15

Exa

Normal: 95-tan hurt-2, 3.1-tan heal+1

95-tan: 19
3.1-tan: 21

Bella

QuoteOSX-tan Hurt -2 95-tan Heal +1

Wha!!! Nobody hurts OSX!!!

95-tan: 17

Hurt 95-tan, heal OSX-tan

NejinOniwa

Hah! Then I'll jack up on her allies!

95-tan: 18
Tiger-tan: 18

Hurt Tiger-tan -2, heal 95-tan +1

Added after 28 seconds:

IT'S THE OLD OS WARS, COME BACK FROM THE DEAD! WE'RE DOOOOOMED!!!

Darknight_88

nobody hurts 95-tan!!

95-tan: 19

OSX  -2, 95-tan +1

Aurora Borealis

3.1-tan: 22

Alas OSX-tan seems to be doomed :(

But I will help out another favorite canon OS-tan...

Hurt 95-tan -2, Heal 3.1-tan +1

CaptBrenden

3.1-tan: 23
OSX-tan: 13

hurt OSX -2, Heal 3.1 +1

I would also like to remind everyone that it would be wise to think about what might happen if anyone HURTS 3.1 sama.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

NejinOniwa

Tsubashi

3.1-tan: 23

Big heal ought to add three points, since normal affects three (two down and one up)
-Tsu

NejinOniwa

Heal points 'cost' more than damage points, thus you have to spend both your damage points to use big heal. Nyoro.

...oh, and also, your big heal just healded 4 points. do something about that, or the game will start getting HAX'D pretty early.