HURD-tan

Started by Kami-Tux, February 15, 2007, 08:27:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xyanide

good god thank you for your eye soothing Thuroris, nice art!
Though her face looks a little sharp for a student who doesn't care much about things around her. Just a suggestion.

Thurosis

Thanks everyone ^^    
I feel honoured

but:

Quote from: "Xyanide"good god thank you for your eye soothing Thuroris, nice art!
Though her face looks a little sharp for a student who doesn't care much about things around her. Just a suggestion.

Sorry i didn't understand what you mean  ;015 (Do you want a bigger version where you can see better her eyes?) ??
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Everything is learnable!~
It comes only on it, how much strives and time you put into it.
And there arn\'t better or worse for us artist only different!
All Artists have their own individually styles and all drawings have their own good sides!

Tsubashi

I can't be certain, but I would guess that Xyanide meant that your drawing was an imporvement over the original concept art, maybe?
-Tsu

Thurosis

Ah! Oh! I see ! Thanks Tsubashi ^^

May i ask you all which version do you all like more? The Violett, Black or none of them ?
and if you choose the 3rd answer :

then tell me what she could wear! just tell me! :D
I want suggestions ^_^

(Yippie this post was my 100th post)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All Artists have their own individually styles and all drawings have their own good sides!

Kami-Tux

elegant and cute! I like her very much! Her clothes look far more elegant than the Schürze (can't translate but Thurosis understands me) she was originally wearing! And I think the black tuxedo looks better!

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Thurosis

Quote from: "Kami-Tux"elegant and cute! I like her very much! Her clothes look far more elegant than the Schürze (can't translate but Thurosis understands me) she was originally wearing! And I think the black tuxedo looks better!

Aha! ^^ I like the black tuxedo one too! (this was the second that i made)

btw "Schürze" means/heißt "Apron" on english if i'm not wrong

do you have any suggestion what HURD-tan could wear too?

Kami-Tux

Well, what I used was what came first when doing an image-search for waitress ;107

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Xyanide

Quote from: "Tsubashi"I can't be certain, but I would guess that Xyanide meant that your drawing was an imporvement over the original concept art, maybe?

that is exactly what i meant yes XD

but in my opinion her clothing shouldn't just be about where she works...just that concept doesn't say the whole thing about Hurd-tan. For example the clothing design being a reference to the graphics of the GIU, or something she's serving or whatever.

I guess we need to think of some accessories that hint towards her OS functions, but I never worked with HURD (never even saw it on a computer) so i'm not much of help when it comes to that sorry XD

Kami-Tux

well, my reasoning was since HURD is using a very modularized kernel, which consists of numerous servers, to have her serve something. Therefore making her a waitress. Also waiter is a nice pun on the fact that she is under progress since ~16 years (at that time, I did not know the female form differed).

Edit: Since many programs are the same under Linux and the HURD, I thought basing her on the kernel instead on the GUI was required.

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Xyanide

ah wait i thought it was a complete OS of it's own! nevermind, my mistake haha XD

i see your point now...looks like it's pretty complete

Kami-Tux

It IS an OS on its own, but the Unices are a close family and are programmed very similarily. This is why programs can easily be ported to different OSes as long as the programs are not too hardware dependant. This is why programs like the bash and the rest of the GNU-tools run on about every Unix and Unix-like OS.

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Thurosis

Quote from: "Xyanide"
Quote from: "Tsubashi"I can't be certain, but I would guess that Xyanide meant that your drawing was an imporvement over the original concept art, maybe?

that is exactly what i meant yes XD

Good to hear that ! So I know it now ^^

but in my opinion her clothing shouldn't just be about where she works...just that concept doesn't say the whole thing about Hurd-tan. For example the clothing design being a reference to the graphics of the GIU, or something she's serving or whatever.

that's true (that's one of those reason too why i want more suggestions!)

QuoteI guess we need to think of some accessories that hint towards her OS functions,

That would be cool accessories!

Quotebut I never worked with HURD (never even saw it on a computer) so i'm not much of help when it comes to that sorry XD

The same for me!
i drew this version based on the version that Kami-tux gaved me  [/code]