Main Menu

os-tan manga

Started by Chocofreak13, December 23, 2008, 05:28:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokey

you could use this forum for inspiration... ;010
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

Chocofreak13

it's not that i don't know how (i've made outfits from scratch lacking a pattern :D )it's that i lack time and materials.
if i had the money, i contract my friend, being that she makes fursuits and cosplay and sells them online. :] (it's great to have kickass friends. xD )
click to make it bigger

Smokey

Sweet... Online, you say...
Promote her i say...

but i meant inspiration for your manga... :D
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

CaptBrenden

Ah, so much to rely to, I think im gonna forget something...

anyhow, hope you have more luck with your manga then mine.  Mine is burried deep in the old threads and i never really did get more then a few teaser posters and some 4koma.. i still wanna pick it back up but i could never get a story locked down that I liked.

as for H-doujin,  yeah further talk of that should be taken to the H section. However ill say that, so I can be the envy of all, that I have an actuall OS-tan doujin. Purchased it from a convention after sifting through boxes of hundereds of random doujin. Only OS tan one i could find.  It has 2 stories, one where master is in a 3some with 2k and xp next to a sleeping ME-tan, the other is 2k with um.. *cough* bruce willis/john mclaine.... o_o  Anyhow, I prolly would have drawn my own OS-tan H-doujin by now, but I wanted to avoid beling labled the forum pervert.

anyhow, off to the H-section for more on that.

Quotes for looks, i wish i could get the proper outfit, or at least the headgear, i could post my pic as my avi! xD rdhdtwns is xp, i might as well be 2k. :3

Dont forget Toki as ME-tan. I wish I could cosplay =_=

on topic:
Quotehope to make manga/anime for a living (ik, ik, you guys are gonna thrash my dreams and crap) so maybe someday there'll be a real os-tan manga. <3

Well if your serious about that, I can help you along.   Im attempting the same thing so in that we have a common goal.  Ive spent quite a bit of time over the last year learning to draw manga proper.  Im willing to teach you, if your willing to learn.  

This is what Ive done in manga studio (in case you missed it in free cookies):

I am by no means great at it, but i have some skill in it, and the program is difficult to learn, but as far as manga goes, there is no better program suited for it on the market.  If you want to draw comics, manga specificly, its the program I saggest you learn.   I relize for a highschooler its a little more difficult, but the base program is only like 35 bucks, and a basic wacom tabled 60. If your truely serious about creating manga for a living, you cant afford NOT to get these, and the sooner, the sooner you can practice and get good.

Tho, Ill say now, Im willing to help and teach and walk you through the process, but it will involve detailed critisim.  All art does. If you cant handle that, well..  honsetly I would saggest picking a different dream, cus no artist alive doesnt get nit picked and critisized. I apologize for the harshness of this statement, but it is true. If you want to get good you need to learn how to handle people saying whats wrong with your work, and learn how to deal with idiots that flame it.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Smokey

*agrees*

drawing with the mouse is near mpossible and scanning kills the quality....
And i don't know the program but the results i saw were indeed good and i don't see another program do that (at least not easily)...

Plus, this forum could use a new manga....I read all the old ones ^_^
Thanks Fedora-sama

CaptBrenden

Well, i assume she would do it with pencil pen paper and screen tone, but honestly, that would cost more. for proper pens and nibs, keeping enough screen tone on hand, buying proper manuscript paper etc, plus real manuscripts are prone to real damage.  you cant undo a coffee or ink spill, you just have to start over.   Plus real tone is a pain to work with. it pretty much clear sticky paper stuff with dots on it, you cut it in the shape of where you want it and then rub it down with a tool to make sure it stays, alot of mess that.  I always had the stuff folding over like tape and sticking to itself.

Smokey

wow, long live the tablet then....

That would be a lot beasier than doing it by hand....Cuz that sounds like a full time job, making a manga like that... Makes me respect it more, though...
Thanks Fedora-sama

CaptBrenden

Well, yeah. Manga artist is a full time job and then some. Its a demanding job, one that is very very stressful and will take its toll on your quickly. Like i think i mentioned elsewhere, a profesional mangaka produces 3 pages a day.  Only the best artists get assistants to help them out, most write draw ink tone and everything themselves. It  tends to be a one man/woman operation.  

anyhow, like I said, its pricy either way. the basic version of that program is the 35 dollar one, the pro version i use is around 230-300 dollars depending on where you get it. But thats more a large one time cost instead of keeping a supply of pens paper and tone around.  In MS EX ive got thousands of screen tones, and they never run out. With physical medium you would have to keep all that on hand, and youll have to order more, god forbid you run out of it when your trying to make a deadline, since ive yet to see a store in the states that sells it. you pretty much have to order it online.

Also, alot still use physical medium, but more and more artists are using that exact program for profesional manga. Actually, Tokyo pop supports it and actually takes alot of junior artist submissions from it.  Tho i would saggest not trying to get published through them, they are bastards.  Soon as you make a submission they have some clause that makes it so that you give them full copyright to the material.. so say you have your own characters and story, you submit to get published, you dont even get published so you maybe take your stuff elsewhere to try to get published or post it online, Tokyo Pop can go after you cus they technicly own the rights to it.  farking bastards.

If you were really hardcore and were trying to make it in the japanese market, having a digital manuscript would allow you to submit to japanese companies from the states as well.

RandiNinja

What an ART!! Especially the second one i like Fate/ so much... ^_^

So, what program did you use Captain?? I'm curious.... ;028

Added after 6 minutes:

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"Anyhow, I prolly would have drawn my own OS-tan H-doujin by now, but I wanted to avoid beling labled the forum pervert.

It's okay!!! They won't labeled you as a pervert.......

Otherwise, you'll be labeled as an artist... cause what you do is art.... ;012

Smokey

Manga studio, and the captain was a good artist here....

*reminisces*

Ah, them good ol' days...
Thanks Fedora-sama

RandiNinja

Manga studio? it's a software? ;015

I think manga studio that Captain was talking about is a real studio with a real drawing desk....  :D

CaptBrenden

Nope, i use the program Manga Studio EX by efrontier
http://www.buy.com/prod/allume-manga-studio-ex-v-3-0-complete-product-standard-1-user-pc/q/loc/105/202095175.html

Maybe i will do an H doujin sometime.. tho ill have to move to the H subforum for further discussion on that.  <_< tho im not sure what id do for one.. I shall have to create a brainstorming thread for that.

Added after 12 minutes:

Okay here is the redirecting link, please only follow the link if you are of proper legal age to view the H subforum
http://ostan-collections.net/topic-976.html

RandiNinja

Expensive software indeed..... ;015

CaptBrenden

Well for the professional version yes, but there is also a "lite" version for much cheaper, but it leaves out alot of features i dont think i can do without.

http://www.google.com/products?sourceid=navclient&rlz=1T4WDIA_en___US204&q=manga%20studio%20debut&hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wf

also, if anyone cares, its for both mac and pc.

RandiNinja