so which -tan do you consider yourself?

Started by Chocofreak13, December 23, 2008, 06:24:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Gui55

I think I might say I would consider myself the Windows ME-kun because first I am a male, and second my younger brothers used to jokingly accuse me of being clumsy since I had "reckless" stability issues when it came to running errands or doing favors for my parents. Dang, they even wrote a song about it on our family's piano!
A Windows Me OS-tan Lover!

Chocofreak13

funny thing, ME-kun is actually quite stable and reliable. if you're looking for a reckless, clumsy OS-kun, your best bets would be Homeo or OSX-kun.

Gui55

Oh okay, thanks Choco, you're right! I overlooked the full-dedicated page description of ME-kun on the OS-tan Collections Wiki. :( But yeah, that is kind of funny that any character representing WinME is actually stable! ;)
A Windows Me OS-tan Lover!

Chocofreak13

it's an interesting coincidence, honestly, but i didn't write the character, just the page on him. i think he may either represent all ME was SUPPOSED to be or is for the die-hard fans of the OS who strive to make it work. (and my sister knew a few, they made a few nice games that were exclusively ME.)

winduko

I found (and restored using some geocities archive magic url) this old link: http://www.geocities.ws/xiwang_zitzit5/ostan/ostan.html

This quiz is old, as in predates Vista old. I know that you can get Longhorn as a response from this quiz.

Honestly, I don't like saying I am x OS-tan, as I do not feel I can evaluate myself properly in stuff like that. I got a DOS-tan. It was either MS-DOS-tan or DOS/V-tan, but I'm not sure which one the quiz says, and the results page doesn't show up. You can tell what result you got from the URL, but DOS is very ambiguous because of the two canon DOS-tans.

But my brother is ME-kun. No doubt about it. He's a reliable, smart brother.

Penti-chan

@Duko: Holy shit, I think I remember seeing that waaaaaaaay back when I first joined this site. Thanks for recovering it :3
(Although, it seems its broken. Judging by the URL, I ended up as a "TWOK"; which all that comes to mind is I somehow took a OS-tan quiz and ended up as Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. So I guess you can say OS/2-tan; since she's a Trekkie -w-; )

winduko

Well, I have an excuse for this image:

While I think it predates win we know now as OS/2-tan, you can interpret however you want, because I don't know what that is either.

Chocofreak13

Xi Wang Chan's Quizilla quiz! : D

it's been YEARS since this was active! thanks so much for bringing it back! : D

winduko

@Pent: After messing with the quiz, I found out that you got 2k. The URL that indicates her is twok because I guess 2 is an invalid character.

@Kari: It was no problem. I actually got the quiz working a few months ago, but I forgot to share. I just remembered yesterday that "oh crap, I found something I know OSC would like!"

Penti-chan

...that makes sense, yeah. Thanks for decoding it -w-;

Chocofreak13

it gets me wondering where a lot of the former OSCers are. it's been discussed before, but plenty of people here just sort of disappear without notice. it really makes me wonder if they're okay. ;^;

Bella

Quote from: winduko on March 18, 2015, 03:32:17 pm
@Pent: After messing with the quiz, I found out that you got 2k. The URL that indicates her is twok because I guess 2 is an invalid character.

Yeah, that's what I was gonna say.

I got Mac OS 9 ...

Chocofreak13

i tried to take it for old times' sake but the advertisements on the page blocked the first 3 questions. :\

Chocofreak13