OS Accademy

Started by iDarbert, April 19, 2008, 07:48:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siya

QuoteOh gawd...that page is so old! I mean, it might as well be from another life, lol. ^///////^
But, Bella-san!  Why?

Smokey

She's with us now.....
fufufufufufufufufufu
*unleashes hellish scream before vanishing in a huge cornfield wich suddenly appeared*
*thousands of birds fly over (lets see someone linking this to the right movie)*
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

Bella

QuoteI managed to once get a copy of eCS-chan, but it was version 1.2 and naturally a bit dated. Late on I secured a copy of one of the 2.0 betas, but it didn't want to install at all. ;___;

Now I'm just too knee-deep in Linux development to try alternate systems for too long. ^^

I can however say that the new version 2.0 (if it ever gets released) will be a far more usable system, especially since you'll be able to reskin it and eliminate that somewhat-dated looked to the UI. However, there are limits to how far eCS-chan can be advanced, since she's still unfortunately tied to OS/2, which itself (as we've discovered not long ago) can't be open sourced even if IBM wanted to. ;_________;

*nsiffles*

Poor eCS :(

QuoteAdmittedly, it's hard to think that the profile shown belongs to you. I mean WOW -- the times,... they change.... ^________^;

QuoteBut, Bella-san! Why?

You see, I found DA a bit too...divisive. I do think I'm a peacenik for the most part, but the OS zealots on the site (whom I inevitably ran into quite often) brought out the rather zealous side in me. And thus began my short-lived stint as a Windows Advocate. This, coupled with the fact that I wasn't really growing artistically, made me join this site; kinda giving up on my DA page.

Course, when I came here, I found that the world of operating systems isn't as black and white as it may seem; I adopted a mantra of "use whatever OS is best for you" and haven't looked back.

Quote*unleashes hellish scream before vanishing in a huge cornfield wich suddenly appeared*
*thousands of birds fly over (lets see someone linking this to the right movie)*

I have no idea...The Birds?

Smokey

Correct! Good to see 'ol Alfred is still appreciated... ;010
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

iDarbert

I'm terribly sorry to bring this back in topic, but here's a little portrait of GLaDOS and her pet turrent.

Profile tomorrow, I'm tired.
"Nap Time"

Aurora Borealis

I was just about to warn people to get back on topic and how their discussion is better suited to the member intro thread...

Anyways, you've got a neat idea making an OS-tan sitcom series! GLaDOS-tan is cool although I am still baffled by the cake references ?__?

iDarbert

Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"I was just about to warn people to get back on topic and how their discussion is better suited to the member intro thread...

Anyways, you've got a neat idea making an OS-tan sitcom series! GLaDOS-tan is cool although I am still baffled by the cake references ?__?
I'll try to keep it spoiler free, after all it doesn't have much to do with the storyline itself.

Basically during part of the game GLaDOS promises the player cake as a reward of the final test. It is also revealed that she has an obsession with cake.

Smokey

Sorry 'bout the off-topicness, there.....

Good to see there is still an admin here keeping an eye on us...
Thanks Fedora-sama

Alfamille

This is the first time I browsed into this thread. Good to see your nice collection of sketches iDarbert! I'll be tuning in for more next time...

iDarbert

Just a quick one...

Smokey

Thanks Fedora-sama

icerain

^_^ Awesome! Well I like the drawings...
"Life begins with a disk drive"

Techno the fox

Hi iDarbert, I'm glad to see you start posting more. So you're making a comic eh? Cool.

I've read it, and I'm liking it so far, nice work.

Huh? Is this a GlaDOS-tan I see? Awesome. I'm glad Glados-tan is going to get some action in a comic. I've been wanting to see more of her.

*Must....Resist....Urge to glomp... ^_^*

Anyway, as always Keep up the good work.

iDarbert

Quote from: "Techno the fox"Hi iDarbert, I'm glad to see you start posting more. So you're making a comic eh? Cool.
Well, trying to I guess :)

QuoteI've read it, and I'm liking it so far, nice work.
Thanks

QuoteHuh? Is this a GlaDOS-tan I see? Awesome. I'm glad Glados-tan is going to get some action in a comic. I've been wanting to see more of her.
She's a regular character in the series so it's safe to expect her to appear often.

Smokey

The setting is still the academy, right?
Thanks Fedora-sama