Mac Party Redux!

Started by Aurora Borealis, February 03, 2008, 10:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guyveroz

I know the feeling. I have one friend he can make almost anything green :D

Thanks. Feel free to use it. Just wondering what program do you use to make your comics?

Aurora Borealis

I do almost all of my work in Inkscape, except for the dialogue, speech balloons, some backgrounds and special effects which I still do in Photoshop.

I used to do all my work in Photoshop until I first used Inkscape and have transitioned from predominant usage of the former to the latter over the months.

Next up I was thinking of writing short bios for each of the Mac-tans for this comic (as well as any other significant characters) to get to know them better!

guyveroz

If you want I can send you the psd format of the Widgebot  (not to be confused with the Wedgiebot).

The bio would be a big help especially to non-Mac users x3

Note: Is a Mac user

Aurora Borealis

Oooh! How long have you been a Mac user? ;012

I've been using Macs since the days of System 7.5 and currently use 10.4.

Here is a sample of one of the bios, based off the bio format from C-Chan's Annex Project (I'm just giving credit where credit may be due!)

I'll start with... Pu-chan! (because she seems to have gained a lot of popularity on OSC, and Puma is the first and oldest version of OSX I have used!)

Mac OS 10.1-tan
also known as: Puma, Pu-chan

height: 145 cm [4'9"]
hair color: blue
eye color: light green
gets along best with: Mac System 4-tan, Mac System 7-tan, Darwin OS-tan, Rhapsody-tan
iPod-tan usually paired up with: Gold mini-tan

Puma-tan is timid, mousy and insecure. She is avoidant of conflict but can emit screams that are powerful enough to shatter windows and is rumored to wield other formidable tactics and know many dark secrets! But whatever potential she has is usually squandered as she is often made to do maid work. She wants to stay out of the Mac House perversion conflict but often gets dragged into it, most notably by Cheetah-tan and OSX-tan.

guyveroz

A recent user actually. I started with Tiger-tan :P
Mac only opened there Apple Center here in the Phil a few years back

Nice bio... What! No B-W-H?

Bella

A green joke? Wut? Where?

*searches*

*searches some more...*

Drats, I must be loosing my perv edge T__T

Thanks for the bio on Puma-chan. After reading the part about her acting as a maid, I now want to draw her in a French maid outfit. Holding a kickass gun. lol.

And I would like to state I am a Mac Evangelist minus an actual Mac. The first Mac I used was...well...I'm not sure, it was a library computer, I think it might have been Mac OS 10.0 or 10.1, it was an iMac G3 at any rate. When I actually get my Mac (or I should say commandeer my dad's Mac, cause he'll be the one funding it) it'll be running Leopard.

Widgetbot is hilarious, BTW...

guyveroz

Don't worry you'll find it... just keep staring...
*takes your wallet while you stare*

Ohhh...
QuoteHolding a kickass gun.
I'm imagining her holding a Harkonen like Ceres from Hellsing :P

Aurora Borealis

I must scare you away from perversion, and I shall by unleashing a perversion-hating robot!

guyveroz

Harkonen WARNING: Wallpaper sized pic

Come on. Perversion is the ultimate distraction... how else can I pickpo... errr... nevermind... >.>

C-Chan

Ah, I liked Seras.  ^^
Didn't know about the Dune reference, though... would have liked her more.  ^.^

QuoteNice script. I think the ground would be a better placing for Leopard-tan's lost sword

Easiest to draw too. Agreed.  ^^

QuoteI'm still in the process of replying to the script but it is FANTASTIC! Seeing the super bad*** side of System 7-tan's personality was so FREAKING AWESOME!!

I thought it might be about time too.  After all, we assume that she hasn't really ever stopped practicing, so she may actually be stronger than before.  ^__^

Here are the first four panels of the Mac Party special: (aw darnit! Photobucket's resizing made some of the text hard to read!)

On panel 3, Mac System 5-tan is saying "Heheheh... I dare you to slam that on the counter." And Mac System 3-tan is barely awake, getting a rather rude awakening!

Oops... I forgot to mention that Mac System 6-tan is holding a large box of pancake mix! ^^;

Luckily, this isn't the finalized version of the page!

You might as well pop open a bag of sugar and shove the contents into my small, piggy body, cause it's practically the same as watching this.  I call it Dangerously Cute!  >v<

Already cooed at Panel 2, but Panel 1 shows off a good way of working around the lack of shading.  When it's dark, tinge the panel as so.  When it's moonlight, make it bluish.  When its sunrise/sunset, an orange overlay works great.  Offers all the special effects without the grueling work.  ^^

Panel 3 is quite the shocker: I usually think of the hyper-active 3-chan as being consistently hyperactive -- instead, she seems to be in some sort of a carb crash in the mornings.  ^^;

Sonata-sama's cameo in this panel is the best I've seen of her -- adorable right down to the tip of her hair wisp.  ^.^
But agree -- micro-chibi System 6-tan beats them all in that department.  ^__^

Panel 4:  I could probably borrow 6-chan for a while.  I'd get a reliable alarm clock, a great bodyguard (although she talks too much), and +6 feet worth of fine fine Mac-tan.  ^_____^

*coos*

QuoteShe just dropped it. But I can change it so that the sack does go flying and maybe hit someone. I like slapstick comedy too!

It's kinda heavy, though.  ^^;
I was actually thinking instead if it really did fall on the ground but opened on impact, covering half of 3-chan in a cloud of flour.  ^___^

But judging from how long I've been away, methinks my suggestion is too little too late.... -.-

QuoteThat's a wonderful script, C-Chan! It's so sappy...but in a touching, sweet kind of way. I never would've associated such drama with the Mac-tans before. (Though at one point I wanted to do a comic like this with 2k, XP and Vistan, but I thought it would be too sad for an XP Persecution Complex sufferer like myself).

Thank you Bella-hime.  ^___^
But I am surprised, considering I came up with the entire sappy Lisa-chan/Apple I-sama arc.  When you really look at it, the Macs are just skilled-coverers-of-much-sap.  ^__^;

QuoteHmmm.. how about instead of making a single widget based widget-bot... widgbot... you make the widgbot out of a mix of multiple widgets?

kinda like this

Ah!  Where have you been all our lives, Guy-san?  [I'll call you "Fawkes-san" for now]  ^___^

I wouldn't have thought of that in a million years -- when it comes to projects like these, more heads are better.  ^.^

QuoteI understand the joke you were hinting at! I have to deal with a bunch of very rowdy and perverted classmates in one of my classes and I think their antics are corrupting me  

OMG,... that crappy "Fifth Elements" movie was prophetic.  The day eventually came that "Green" has become part of the common vernacular.  @.@

Le sigh... Excuse me for a sec.... ^^;

*throws self in vat of frying oil*

QuoteI'll start with... Pu-chan! (because she seems to have gained a lot of popularity on OSC, and Puma is the first and oldest version of OSX I have used!)

*stares at Pu-chan*

GODDESS!!!!!!!!!!!!! >V<

*EXPLODES*

QuoteA recent user actually. I started with Tiger-tan :P
Mac only opened there Apple Center here in the Phil a few years back

I've used everything from Jaguar to Leopard myself, but only intermittently.  I never owned a Macintosh myself, having evolved into a fairly hardcore Linux user/Lover-of-Lowcost-Netbooks.  

Still, depending on how my programming goes, I was thinking of picking a small Mac up just so I ca have a decent development platform.  

Wouldn't want to deprive my good friend Aurora-hime from some .DMG files.  ^__^

QuoteI must scare you away from perversion, and I shall by unleashing a perversion-hating robot!

She still has the goods, this girl.  ^__^

guyveroz

Quote from: "C-Chan"I thought it might be about time too.  After all, we assume that she hasn't really ever stopped practicing, so she may actually be stronger than before.  ^__^
Makes you wonder what a rematch with 95-tan would bring

QuoteIt's kinda heavy, though.  ^^;
I was actually thinking instead if it really did fall on the ground but opened on impact, covering half of 3-chan in a cloud of flour.  ^___^
Yet in panel 3 she's holding it up with one hand... and half asleep at that :P

QuoteAh!  Where have you been all our lives, Guy-san?  [I'll call you "Fawkes-san" for now]  ^___^
Lurking ^___^ Fawkes....? san....? >.>

QuoteI wouldn't have thought of that in a million years -- when it comes to projects like these, more heads are better.  ^.^
Yes it is ^__^

Quote*throws self in vat of frying oil*
Ummmm.... should I light the stove?

Quote*EXPLODES*
*Looks for a mop*

C-Chan

QuoteMakes you wonder what a rematch with 95-tan would bring

Course, it's easier for OS/2-sama to have a rematch with 95-tan than with System 7-tan in her current state.  ^___^;

But it would be kinda cool I'm sure.  -v-

QuoteYet in panel 3 she's holding it up with one hand... and half asleep at that :P

Nah, we don't see the bottom.  I say she's dragging it.  :P

QuoteLurking ^___^ Fawkes....? san....? >.>

The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions.... ¯v¯

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Fawkes

QuoteUmmmm.... should I light the stove?

....aw crap....

I was wondering why I wasn't a bag of crackling rinds by now.  ''

Quote*Looks for a mop*

Oh you'll be doing that a lot for the next couple of days. ^^

guyveroz

QuoteCourse, it's easier for OS/2-sama to have a rematch with 95-tan than with System 7-tan in her current state. ^___^;
Yes but this storyline will see her change states... gahhh I just reminded myself of logic classes... and she should be better fit for the rematch :P

QuoteNah, we don't see the bottom. I say she's dragging it. :P
Why would anyone bother putting up their hand when they drag something >.> waste of effort if you ask me :P

Quotehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Fawkes
Phew i thought you meant http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fawkes#Fawkes

QuoteOh you'll be doing that a lot for the next couple of days. ^^
*Finds the mop*
I noticed >.>

Aurora Borealis

QuoteFufufu... thought she was a firecracker somehow, like her older sister 3-chan.  ^^
Nah, she was originally a lot like Mac System 3-tan in personality though. But after finding out that System 4.0 + 4.1 were very minor updates to the Mac OS, I decided she'd still be very friendly but more introverted and with an inferiority complex. Incidentally, Mac System 4-tan gets along best with Pu-chan and Mac System 7-tan!

Quote[After the Classic-tans leave the house one by one (with some offering an earful to the young brat), the OSX-tans give her an earful as well (with even Pu-chan offering a few stuttering complaints of her own, Mikuru-style).  ^____^]
Pu-chan may be braver than we thought! :D

Quote[Stubborn and fuming with indignation, Leopard-chan chastises them all insisting she's done nothing wrong, then dashes off to lock herself in her room.  She expects them all to come over to apologize, but instead they leave as well in the hopes of finding their Classic sisters.]
That is funny and sad at the same time! What the other OSX-tans did was harsh but certainly the right thing to do!

Quote[Not sure if you want to include the segment of the Binteji Renmei after all, but this is probably the part where ][-chan has her own small chat with the Classic-tans.]
I'll include it. By the time these moments happen in the comic, all the Classic Mac-tans would be at the Binteeji Renmei. Would ][-chan talk about her own personal experiences with retirement and choosing to retire?

Quote[About an hour or so later, Leopard-chan emerges from the room a little peeved, but gets confused when she finds the house deserted.  Suddenly, she hears some ridiculous bawling coming from outside.]
Now who could that be bawling...

Quote[When she goes to investigate, she finds System 7-tan lying next to a tree with her usual blank expression.  She's surrounded by and comforting all of the OSX-kuns, who are bawling waterfall tears at the fact that all the girls left the house.]
Whoa... the OSX-kuns miss ALL the girls? WTF, dude?

Aha! Even when getting thrashed by those certain Mac-tans who aggressively hate perversion plus the one who just likes to mess with them [that is Cheetah-tan, btw], deep down the OSX-kuns do care for all their relatives including them and vice-versa!

Either that or they'd have no one to swoon over and whatnot ;006

MOE MOE JAAAA!

Quote7: [monotone] Hello Leopard-san.

Leopard:  [confused] Uh... um.... hi........... 7-san, right?

7:  *nods*

Leopard:  Where is everybody?

7:  Who knows... *scratches behind Tiger-kun's ear*

Leopard:  ???

7:  Are you busy?  I need someone good with a blade to spar with me this afternoon.  Does this sound like something you can help me with?

Leopard:  [excitedly]  CAN I?!!!
*her magic wand morphs into an intimidating, futuristic sword*
HAH!!!  Don't feel bad if you get beat!!  I was top of my class in my Security Courses!!  ;)

[Following a brief time lapse, we see Leopard-chan's wand sword stuck to a tree or on the ground.  Leopard-chan herself is all cut up and beat up, and lying on her knees visibly humiliated.  The blunt-end of 7-san's katana is pressed to Leopard-chan's neck, but 7-san's expression and tone is still the same.]
So, Mac System 7-tan still has her swordfighting abilities after all, and got to unleash some much-deserved PWNAGE against the overconfident little brat! As I said earlier... This is freaking AWESOME and SOOOO BAD***!! System 7-tan FTW!! ;010 ;010

QuoteLeopard:  [shaking]  This is.. im-... possible....! How could... I... lose....?  I... had.... all the.... ad... advantages....!  All.... the..... latest... technologies...!
Tsk tsk tsk... Overconfidence at its worst. I know of such overconfidence firsthand. In one of my class subjects for some years, I was one of the best in my class (and not just because there were so many incompetent people in it) and I developed a superiority complex but last year when I decided to go honors, I ended up as one of the worst in the class and lost all of my confidence because of the very different rules and policies ;014

Quote7:  [still monotone] Even the best weapons in the world are wasted on amateurs.  As long as you are still a young, immature kitten, you will never win even against my primitive sword.
So true! What good is a super advanced tool if one does not have skill or experience with it? ;014

Quote*pulls sword away and sheathes it*

7:  Go home.  Even my straw man makes a better sparring partner than you.  Now I have to train harder to protect a useless person like yourself.  *walks off*
Ooh! A very sassy System 7-tan! :D

QuoteLeopard: [crying, visibly hurt]  THAT'S NOT FAIR!!  I'M STILL USEFUL IN SO MANY DIFFERENT WAYS!!!!

7:  [disinterested]  Is that so?

Leopard:  I MAY NOT BE AS GOOD WITH A SWORD LIKE YOU, BUT YOU CAN'T JUDGE ME JUST BECAUSE OF THAT!!

7:  I can't?
...And b****y! HA!

QuoteLeopard:  HAVEN'T YOU THOUGHT ABOUT MY FEELINGS?!!!  HOW BAD AND MEAN IT IS TO SAY-!!!! TO MAKE... ME... feel........... useless..........  *gasps*

7:  ...

[Leopard-chan is still crying, but now her face starts to show some remorse.  Obviously something feels very familiar about the situation.]
Aha! This is where Leopard-tan begins to see the error of her ways and understands what she has done to her Classic sisters!

Quote[System 7-tan doesn't do anything, but instead walks over and sits next to Leopard-chan.]

7:  [still monotone] It is true that no one is completely useless.  We all have our own special gifts that define who we are and that make our lives meaningful.
...And there is the wise, compassionate side of System 7-tan's personality! :D

She is right, and what she says does also apply to the Mac Family. Some are more or less capable than the others but all of them have qualities that make each one special!

Quote7:  You said before that your wand can peer into the future.  I don't know much about that stuff, but can you use it to foresee a future with our family divided as is? 

[Leopard-chan is hesitant at first, but nods and goes to pull out her wand sword.]

[The ensuing scenes would probably have her and 7-san observe brief glimpses of the future where most of the Classic-tans are suffering cold and lonely Wanderer lives.  Gone from their eyes is the enthusiasm and can-do optimism they had before, replaced instead by despair and helplessness.  Unable and unwilling to help themselves out of a crushing feeling of obsolescence, they allow themselves to waste away into obscurity.]

[System 7-tan never guilt trips Leopard-chan here either, instead letting the powerful examples help the young girl understand her folly on her own.]

[It works, as Leopard-chan quickly and frantically dashes away in search of her sisters.  Fortunately, she doesn't have to travel very far.]
That is so sad! Shows that the Mac House divided against itself cannot stand! (I'm going to use that quote later in the story! :D )

A little baffling is that why didn't the Classic Mac-tans all just move to the Binteeji Renmei but rather live cold lives as wanderers? Maybe it was because they were forced to retire, were unprepared and unwilling (but would have moved to the Binteeji Renmei when finally prepared and willing)?

QuoteSorry for any excessive sap, but you did say you wanted the story to have a small serious side to it.
I like the sap, and lots of it! Oddly enough, I was not interested in a whole bunch of sap until Bella came along with sappy stories and her love for them!

QuoteHopefully you can get very far with this comic.
I'm hopin'!

QuoteSystem 7-tan, physically, always reminded me a bit of Shana from Shakugan no Shana
OMG! She really does look a lot like Shana! Must draw Shana parody! Although I have also wanted to draw a "Kill Bill" parody too.

QuoteNice script. I think the ground would be a better placing for Leopard-tan's lost sword

Easiest to draw too. Agreed.  ^^
I agree because it is easier to draw!

QuoteI thought it might be about time too.  After all, we assume that she hasn't really ever stopped practicing, so she may actually be stronger than before.  ^__^
She is also much much wiser than before too! In her youth, she was overambitious and reckless because she had a lot to live up to (and wanted to avoid a similar fate to Macintosh System 4-tan's, who also had a lot to live up to and had a predecessor who was a superstar back in the day). In an insane move to try and show off the power of the Mac Family, she attempted to assassinate 95-tan but that failed miserably (of course! 95-tan was pretty much being trained from birth!).

System 7-tan has had several years to think over all the mistakes she made in the past and out of force of habit, she still does some sword fighting. While the chance for revenge is still slim, she is much stronger and wiser than she ever was and maybe she doesn't need revenge!

QuoteYou might as well pop open a bag of sugar and shove the contents into my small, piggy body, cause it's practically the same as watching this.  I call it Dangerously Cute!  >v<
Thanks! And I'm just getting started!

QuoteAlready cooed at Panel 2, but Panel 1 shows off a good way of working around the lack of shading.  When it's dark, tinge the panel as so.  When it's moonlight, make it bluish.  When its sunrise/sunset, an orange overlay works great.  Offers all the special effects without the grueling work.  ^^
I'm happy that I can still keep this simple and still yield the same effect!

QuotePanel 3 is quite the shocker: I usually think of the hyper-active 3-chan as being consistently hyperactive -- instead, she seems to be in some sort of a carb crash in the mornings.  ^^;
She's not much of a morning person! ^_^

(I will continue this response)
---

3 more bios: BTW, any ideas for nicknames for Mac System 1-tan and System 3-tan?

Macintosh System 1-tan
also known as: ?

height: 125 cm [4'1"]
hair color: black
eye color: silver
Gets along best with: Apple II-tan, Mac System 2-tan, OSX Server-tan, OSX Jaguar-tan
iPod-tan usually paired up with: Red nano-tan

Macintosh System 1-tan is feisty, charismatic and straightforward with leadership skills but is limited in memory and has a one-track mind. She carries a large hammer as a her weapon of choice and she speaks almost entirely in Newspeak. Although the mother of the Classic Mac-tans, she is more like a sister to them (with Apple II-tan being their 'mother figure' still to this day). She sees the conflict against perversion in the Mac House and taking action against the perverts as an opportunity for redemption because she has done a lot of things in the past she is not very proud of.

Macintosh System 2-tan
also known as: Ahiru-chan, The Quacker

height: 127 cm [4'2"]
hair color: black
Gets along best with: Mac System 1-tan, Mac System 4-tan, OSX Panther-tan, OSX Leopard-tan
iPod-tan usually paired up with: Green nano-tan

Macintosh System 2-tan is a self-proclaimed professor, major in the Newspeak and Duckspeak language arts. She is very observant, witty, intelligent, conservative-minded and usually calm but prone to outbursts of insanity and she is known as Ahiru-chan or The Quacker because of the duck puppet she carries around and uses for her lectures. Being so caught up in her work, she barely noticed  the perversion in the Mac House but she disapproves of both sides of the perversion conflict and believes it is corrupting.

She is a misunderstood genius, with few believing what she says, but one day she may get the last laugh. 

Macintosh System 3-tan
also known as: ?

height: 129 cm [4'3"]
hair color: black w/multicolor streaks
Gets along best with: Mac System 4-tan, Mac OS 8-tan, Mac OS 9-tan, OSX Tiger-tan
iPod-tan usually paired up with: Pink nano-tan

Macintosh System 3-tan is very cheerful and outgoing inventor girl who loves knitting, shopping and making simple gadgets. She gets along very well with all of her relatives and is very fond of Mac OS 9-kun in a platonic way. She is more efficient at tasks than Mac System 1-tan and Mac System 2-tan but is somewhat klutzy, cannot multitask, has a huge fear of bugs and is the least stable Mac-tan.

guyveroz

YAY  more bios.... okay at the risk of sounding n00bsh I have to ask... Who is ][-tan?
[EDIT]Nevermind got it x3

And if you need an excuse for wandering... they don't want to retire yet they want to still be useful unfortunately the emotional crush they received from Leopard keeps them from working to their full potential and they keep moving because they either mess up or think they mess up even if they are actually doing well.

>.> Man that's depressing...