Mac Party Redux!

Started by Aurora Borealis, February 03, 2008, 10:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guyveroz

So just to give me a nudge in topic... hows the pages going?
Now back to your regularly scheduled OOTness
QuoteYou havez to undertandeth.... that kind of pervy harem anime corruption is REALLY hard to detoxify. I might be like that for a while -- would've been worse had I watched Shuffle. XvX'
You know what's the fastest way to get rid of a harem corruption (atleast in my case)... rule 63 it.
WARNING: I will not be responsible for any eye clawing that may occur!

QuoteFYI, a common wake-up call for Pu-chan is to have a "TO-DO" list unceremoniously scotch-taped to her forehead. ^.^;
Atleast it's not superglue

Don't worry, I'll handle that before C-Day. -v-

Admittedly, the pages Aurora-hime has posted in the gallery only go up to Page 4 and don't show the subsequent panels. However now I don't remember where in the HUEG sea of forum posts the other storyboards I've worked on are located.

If I can't find them, I might have to repost a "Summary" of the Zerosanity XMAS special in the FOSA lite thread, just so you can see how the story is progressing (and also to clarify a few font issues that remained. -v-'
YAY and Wah and YAY! in that order

QuoteStill strikes me that both you and Bella admitted to suffering from some form of "overconfidence" when you were both younger. I'm the polar opposite and still suffered myself.

Guess it always barrels down to avoiding extremes. -v-
I was the middle there. not too confident and not to harsh on myself :-P

QuoteMaybe if I chuck the fridge outside I can fit one in the house XD
Nuuuuuuuu not the fridge!!!!!!

and on a side topic... I think I found an OS that has not been personified yet... Symbian... and I hope i don't look like a n00b again >.> *double checks his search*

BTW C-chan do you mind if I use your MEWXPZLFUDAWV Logo as a sig on another site?

NejinOniwa

Quoteand on a side topic... I think I found an OS that has not been personified yet... Symbian... and I hope i don't look like a n00b again >.> *double checks his search*
No, no, I think you're quite right - at least, WE haven't personified the Symbian OS, what I know of. Then again we have the enormous warmachine that is +Nijiura+ and the other japanese imageboards, who may very well have made one (or more), so I wouldn't say so before it's been properly checked. But hey, we can always do more of our own!
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Bella

I proposed a Symbian OS-tan! Though I never drew her, only Symbian-tan's mother, EPOC-tan.

I didn't have many ideas for her, only that she should be a bit small, youngish and have two antenna-like cowlicks of hair, so I guess eveything's fair game. This would be better talked over in the Theories thread, though.

Aurora Borealis

Guess it always barrels down to avoiding extremes. -v-
Yup! However I learned that the hard way, several times!

Haha...I'm now starting to see Leo-chan as the hyper, in-your-face type ^^
I certainly see the young blue-haired Leopard-tan like that!

I'm personally scared that our world will end up like Planet of the Apes. I don't trust those damned, dirty monkeys for a minute TT
That would be really scary too!

I'm also scared that our world could end up like "Terminator 4"! o__o

Thanks! This clears up a bit of confusion I had about 4.2 and 4.4-tan and their alter egos.
I understand where and why you'd be confused about them! They sure are WEIRD!! :D

QuoteLet's just say that Windows 2.0-chan does often admit to ][-chan her envy for the kind of close-knit family she has. -v-
After once having a loving family that was cruelly torn apart, and being exiled from most of her remaining family, her envies are perfectly understandable :(

That reminds me of Windows 2.0-chan's appearance in zerOSanity (page 36) where she saw a group of Mac-tans (and Darwin OS-tan) happily chatting with each other, which reminded her of the family she once had :..(

How sad...the Windowses are kinda tearing themselves apart, aren't they... : |
They are! In order to not lose any prestige, several things from the Windows Family's early history are completely hidden from them (i.e: Xenix-san's service and existence, Altair-tan's contributions, MS BOB-tan's existance which 3.1-tan and 95-tan do not speak of) and the members that did not gain their family a lot of market share (1.0-chan and 2.0-chan) were exiled!

It has even been conjectured that MS DOS-tan will be the next one to go...

Oh no, GS/OS-san sticks to "][-sama" like glue to amber. ^______^
Of course she would have left at the same time.
Aha! Of course! ^_^;

Now that means that ][-chan now has 3 friends she has a nearly inseparable bond with! :D

Also, there was no Binteji Renmei when they left -- Amiga-san arrived in ][-chan's plantation when it was still her property entirely. Even if GS/OS-chan wanted to pick on her old rival, Amiga-san was a guest in ][-chan's house and that simply wasn't allowed.
That explains the start of the Binteeji Renmei game concept you proposed, as you mentioned the founding members were at ][-chan's farm, founded the Binteeji Renmei and went to expand it from there!

By the time they (and later Windows 1.0/2.0-chan and UNIX-sama) decided to found the BR, the two had long reconciled. All it took was living under the same roof and talking with her a little for GS/OS-chan to realize that Amiga-san wasn't a bad person at all. ^__^

Back in those times, GS/OS-chan was bitter towards her rivals because she did not sell as well as they did and thought that she failed ][-chan. However after she reconciled with Amiga-sama, the two quickly became great friends!

I'm still scratching my head over how Unix-sama and Miggy could get along so well. :P
It is bizarre because those two are polar opposites but IIRC, Amiga-sama was able to stand up to Unix-sama without any threats or violence, and because she was so nice to Amix-san.

But I am confident, Aurora-sama, that if you have the will you can someday get to use the older Mac OSes.
There is one way I know of and can do (through the Mini vMac emulator) but I cannot legally do so, so I won't.

After all, I never would have imagined I'd be able to play a game of tic-tac-toe with VMS-sama, but look at how that turned out. :P
Wow! That's amazing!

QuoteAdmittedly, with Tiger-sama, Aurora-hime COULD try downloading virtualbox and give any of the various Linuxen a spin. ^__^

http://www.virtualbox.org/
Unfortunately I can't as that is Intel-only. My Mac Mini is the Power PC kind :(

QuoteSo just to give me a nudge in topic... hows the pages going?
I'm finishing up panel 7 and I'm about halfway done with panel 8! :D

You know what's the fastest way to get rid of a harem corruption (atleast in my case)... rule 63 it.
Rule 63? I've never heard of that one... Or are you thinking of rule 34: "If it exists, there is pr0n of it"?

NejinOniwa

*Checks archive of Internet Rules*

Hm...according to my data, Rule 63 says that "There is Always a female version of a male character, no exceptions.", which I can't really see the bad of...

...alright, but not in this case, at least...

...nope, can't find anything relevant in my case files. Ask /b/ and you will probably get an answer - although it's a chance of 1 to 5000 that you'll find the right needle in the haystack.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

guyveroz

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"*Checks archive of Internet Rules*

Hm...according to my data, Rule 63 says that "There is Always a female version of a male character, no exceptions.", which I can't really see the bad of...

...alright, but not in this case, at least...

...nope, can't find anything relevant in my case files. Ask /b/ and you will probably get an answer - although it's a chance of 1 to 5000 that you'll find the right needle in the haystack.
The rule is inversable too... ie the Reverse Harem....

QuoteI'm finishing up panel 7 and I'm about halfway done with panel 8!
YAY!

QuoteI proposed a Symbian OS-tan! Though I never drew her, only Symbian-tan's mother, EPOC-tan.
nice... is it wrong that  the first thing I noticed was the cheese?

Aurora Borealis

Oh.. I didn't know there was a rule 63 or what is was! I only know of rule 34, the most vile rule of them all! :(

On a much more pleasant note, here is panel 7!

[attachment deleted by admin]

guyveroz

There are 100 rules IIRC.

you should put bites in the apples atleast on the design on the bowl... I mean this is a Mac House :P

C-Chan

QuoteHaha...I'm now starting to see Leo-chan as the hyper, in-your-face type ^^

[The young] Leo-chan, for sure.  The one in your comic is surely her more level-headed self.  ^.^

QuoteLesse...I've owned 98 and XP Home machines, used 98 SE, Vista and Mac OS X (including Leopard) for short times on other people's machines. I've run Puppy Linux, SAM, PCLOS, Ubuntu and Debian, (and a few other Linux distros I'm forgetting) at different times, usually under a virtual machine. Via terminal I've used VMS, RSTS/E and NetBSD. I'd like to give Tenex a try, too.

*squeals with delight*

And can you tell from that description that Bella-hime once ph34red the prospect of sticking a Puppy LiveCD into an old-as-mole-asses Compaq desktop?  ^____^

Ahhh... the times... how they change.  ^^

QuoteI'm personally scared that our world will end up like Planet of the Apes. I don't trust those damned, dirty monkeys for a minute TT

The old one or the new one?  T___T;

QuoteOh yeah, nobody sees the political statements in Planet of the Apes, do they? TT

Must be the old one.  The new one had CRAP.  -.-;

QuoteOh, so this is how the BR was founded...

I'm still scratching my head over how Unix-sama and Miggy could get along so well. :P

I'm sure a lot of people thought Euphemia and Zero could never get along... but that worked rather well.... For a while.... ¬¬'

[fyi:  Just finished watching Code Geass R2.  Whatever annoyances I got from the first one were dispelled and forgiven... the second serious iS AWEEEEEEEEEEEESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!  Now THAT'S what I call an ending!!!  >>>>>>v<<<<< ]

QuoteHoneywell 6180 mainframes FTW!!!!! >v<

*imagines reclining a HoneyWell mainframe to watch Anime at night*

*imagines being crushed by said mainframe a few seconds later*  ^^;

QuoteYou know what's the fastest way to get rid of a harem corruption (atleast in my case)... rule 63 it.
WARNING: I will not be responsible for any eye clawing that may occur!

.....zuh?  @@

Quoteand on a side topic... I think I found an OS that has not been personified yet... Symbian... and I hope i don't look like a n00b again >.> *double checks his search*

*checks Wanderer section of the Annex*

http://ostan-collections.net/topic-231.html

Close, but no that's a good question.  She's still on queue, but never actually drawn.  Bella-hime did try to draw one before, though.  ^.^

QuoteBTW C-chan do you mind if I use your MEWXPZLFUDAWV Logo as a sig on another site?

GAH!  >V<

*collapses*

Oh yeeeeeah, I like soooooooooooo mind......  Mind soooooo much, you better watch your kneecaps cause from my level they're in batting range.  ^____^

No but seriously, you can use whatever you want, d00d.  Heck, I even posted the SVG of that banner in the Downloads section -- should the download quota ever get restored, you can download the sauce and modify it if you want (or finish the pic too).  Certianly after the 16th you'll have near-free reign over the stuff I have posted in this forum.  -v-

Thanks for the comments in its Gallery entry, btw!  ^.^

QuoteNo, no, I think you're quite right - at least, WE haven't personified the Symbian OS, what I know of. Then again we have the enormous warmachine that is +Nijiura+ and the other japanese imageboards, who may very well have made one (or more), so I wouldn't say so before it's been properly checked. But hey, we can always do more of our own!

Yeah, we can never be too sure that someone out there in the world hasn't drawn anything that we've already had around for years.  

QuoteI proposed a Symbian OS-tan! Though I never drew her, only Symbian-tan's mother, EPOC-tan.

Ah yes!  The EPIC EPOC-san!  I remember now. ^___^

QuoteI'm also scared that our world could end up like "Terminator 4"! o__o

You mean the world will suck and should have ended at its Sequel?
*gasps*
You're right, that's scary.  >v<

QuoteThat reminds me of Windows 2.0-chan's appearance in zerOSanity (page 36) where she saw a group of Mac-tans (and Darwin OS-tan) happily chatting with each other, which reminded her of the family she once had :..(

Although her old family wasn't nearly quite as populated [or even energetic], but yes that would have been a point of heart-wrenching nostalgia.  ^^

QuoteThey are! In order to not lose any prestige, several things from the Windows Family's early history are completely hidden from them (i.e: Xenix-san's service and existence, Altair-tan's contributions, MS BOB-tan's existance which 3.1-tan and 95-tan do not speak of) and the members that did not gain their family a lot of market share (1.0-chan and 2.0-chan) were exiled!

M$ officially ended support for 3.1-sama only weeks ago.  It was under the radar in the news, but it was there and quite sad too.  -v-

QuoteAha! Of course! ;

Now that means that ][-chan now has 3 friends she has a nearly inseparable bond with!  

Correct.  ^^
You didn't think ][-chan would've left if all that was left for her was a quite lonely life in hermitage, right?  ^___~

GS/OS-chan herself is very lucky to be with a master that treats her as anything but -- ][-chan's infinite generosity would move her to tears even to this day.  ^^

QuoteThat explains the start of the Binteeji Renmei game concept you proposed, as you mentioned the founding members were at ][-chan's farm, founded the Binteeji Renmei and went to expand it from there!

Fufufu... I so wanted to make that game.  ^___^

Each of the characters had their own useful skills, but of course Amiga-sama was definitely the MVP of the early days, being the tallest, strongest, fastest, most resilient and most modern.  In fact, few if any of the genuinely "vintage" OS-tans would actually be stronger than her to this date.  -v-

She just doesn't "act" strong, is all.  ^^

QuoteBack in those times, GS/OS-chan was bitter towards her rivals because she did not sell as well as they did and thought that she failed ][-chan. However after she reconciled with Amiga-sama, the two quickly became great friends!

It helped that ][-chan and Amiga-san were immediately friendly.  ^^

QuoteIt is bizarre because those two are polar opposites but IIRC, Amiga-sama was able to stand up to Unix-sama without any threats or violence, and because she was so nice to Amix-san.

Plus there is a bit of that "Lechter" inspiration acting too in Unix-sama.  Having lived all her life awashed in lies and corruption, UNIX-sama is literally attracted to "purity".  

Acting nice is never the same as being genuinely honest (especially to yourself).

QuoteUnfortunately I can't as that is Intel-only. My Mac Mini is the Power PC kind  

*feels sense of deja vu*

GAH!!  >v<

*flops*

You're right... you said that before.  ^^;

Le sigh....

Well... QEMU has a build for OSX PowerPC, but it's CLI only so hardly user-friendly.  Then there's DOSBox, but that's really for running old DOS software.  -.-;

Last ditch you can always run a PowerPC Linux distro -- the latest Fedore Core 10 is still going to support that architecture, for example.  [Just make sure it's a LiveCD and not an Install disc... ^___^]

QuoteThe rule is inversable too... ie the Reverse Harem....

..........hoh.....  @@

Well I think I'm cured of Haremitis just after seeing my head spin with all the confusion.  ^^;

Quotenice... is it wrong that the first thing I noticed was the cheese?

*munch munch munch*  ^___^

Waaah?  Someone was saying something?  o^___^o

QuoteOn a much more pleasant note, here is panel 7!

Fufufu!  1-chan's getting the hang of it it seems, and enjoying it quite a bit (even has the right face for it).  ^___^
And if I stare at 3-chan and Sonata-sama any longer, I'm gonna need insulin shots.  >v<

But you really do get a feel for how close-knit the Mac-tans are -- it's a real treat to see such charming pictures.  Of particular interest is that there are no OSX-tans yet -- making it all the more infuriating when Leopard-chan won't even recognize their contribution to her welcoming.  >.<

Quoteyou should put bites in the apples atleast on the design on the bowl... I mean this is a Mac House :P

Well there are several iPod-chan's running about the house... Certainly it's not like random food items would show nibble marks every now and then.  ^.^

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: "C-Chan"

I'm sure a lot of people thought Euphemia and Zero could never get along... but that worked rather well.... For a while.... ¬¬'

[fyi:  Just finished watching Code Geass R2.  Whatever annoyances I got from the first one were dispelled and forgiven... the second serious iS AWEEEEEEEEEEEESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!  Now THAT'S what I call an ending!!!  >>>>>>v<<<<< ]

I've only seen a few episodes of the first Code Geass but I liked it!

Ah yes!  The EPIC EPOC-san!  I remember now. ^___^
The cheese girl! :D

QuoteI'm also scared that our world could end up like "Terminator 4"! o__o

You mean the world will suck and should have ended at its Sequel?
*gasps*
You're right, that's scary.  >v<
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!  ;088

I thought that Terminator 4 looked promising at first but when I read through the spoilers (which many people hope are not true), I realized otherwise ;014

M$ officially ended support for 3.1-sama only weeks ago.  It was under the radar in the news, but it was there and quite sad too.  -v-
That's right! I recently read that Windows 3.1 licenses will no longer be issued from MS. And I thought 3.1 ended all support in 2001, but 3.1 was  used as an embedded OS until November 1st this year.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7707016.stm

Correct.  ^^
You didn't think ][-chan would've left if all that was left for her was a quite lonely life in hermitage, right?  ^___~
Well, no. She is definently not the hermit type!

And I just got inspiration for a picture idea with ][-chan, GS/OS-chan, AtariDOS-chan and PET-chan! :D

Fufufu... I so wanted to make that game.  ^___^
That would have been an awesome game!

Each of the characters had their own useful skills, but of course Amiga-sama was definitely the MVP of the early days, being the tallest, strongest, fastest, most resilient and most modern.  In fact, few if any of the genuinely "vintage" OS-tans would actually be stronger than her to this date.  -v-
While I frown upon MVP characters in role playing games, Amiga-sama is an exception. Her reasons for having the best stats are justified- she was the most advanced home computer OS for several years!

She just doesn't "act" strong, is all.  ^^
To fit in better with the other members, I guess?

Plus there is a bit of that "Lechter" inspiration acting too in Unix-sama.  Having lived all her life awashed in lies and corruption, UNIX-sama is literally attracted to "purity".  
After all the oppressive, abusive and annoying people she has had to deal with her whole life, it sure would be incredibly refreshing to meet someone that is nice, honest and pure!

Acting nice is never the same as being genuinely honest (especially to yourself).
True- just acting nice can be a chore and is not very satisfying in the end.

*munch munch munch*  ^___^

Waaah?  Someone was saying something?  o^___^o
That looks like some tasty cheese! *drool*

Fufufu!  1-chan's getting the hang of it it seems, and enjoying it quite a bit (even has the right face for it).  ^___^
And if I stare at 3-chan and Sonata-sama any longer, I'm gonna need insulin shots.  >v<

But you really do get a feel for how close-knit the Mac-tans are -- it's a real treat to see such charming pictures.  Of particular interest is that there are no OSX-tans yet -- making it all the more infuriating when Leopard-chan won't even recognize their contribution to her welcoming.  >.<
The OSX-tans will appear in the next page to help the Classic Mac-tans finish up. And the fact that the Mac-tans are very close-knit makes their separation all the more sadder :(

Well there are several iPod-chan's running about the house... Certainly it's not like random food items would show nibble marks every now and then.  ^.^
And those nibble marks add up, given how many iPod-tans there are!

guyveroz

Wait when the Classic Mac-tans leave do they take their associated iPods with them? or do they leave the iPods behind?

C-Chan

Just making some time till someone leaves a reply at the "Some of My OS-tan Designs..." thread.  Have too much stuff to add for a single post to cover.  ^^

QuoteI've only seen a few episodes of the first Code Geass but I liked it!

It's a very intriguing an intelligent series.  Like a mecha show with brains....  ^.^

QuoteBWAHAHAHAHAHA!  

I thought that Terminator 4 looked promising at first but when I read through the spoilers (which many people hope are not true), I realized otherwise  

...unlike that one, yeah.  ^.^;

Like I always say:  "Some things deserve to just die gracefully".  ^^;

QuoteAnd I just got inspiration for a picture idea with ][-chan, GS/OS-chan, AtariDOS-chan and PET-chan!  

Fufufu... Just keep piling it on, Aurora-hime.  ^___^
Definitely very very happy and proud I helped give you so much stuff to draw about.

Likewise, I have so much I want to program for too.  ^.^

QuoteThat would have been an awesome game!

I'm still aiming to make my Concentration game, though.  ^^
Course, in typical C-chan style, it probably won't be isolated to just Concentration alone.  With a base game complete (including other Memory-style variants), I wouldn't mind trying to bake in a "Battle Mode" and/or a "Story Mode".  

QuoteWhile I frown upon MVP characters in role playing games, Amiga-sama is an exception. Her reasons for having the best stats are justified- she was the most advanced home computer OS for several years!

Precisely.  ^^

QuoteTo fit in better with the other members, I guess?

Better than that... humility just comes on naturally to her.  
If she simply 'pretended' to be a weak character, UNIX-sama likely wouldn't have liked her very much.

QuoteTrue- just acting nice can be a chore and is not very satisfying in the end.

Plus it's only a mask.  You could be smiling and laughing, but deep down inside cursing or coveting the person you're with.  -.-

QuoteThe OSX-tans will appear in the next page to help the Classic Mac-tans finish up. And the fact that the Mac-tans are very close-knit makes their separation all the more sadder  

YES!!  ^v^
The Pu-chan arriveth. ^^

QuoteAnd those nibble marks add up, given how many iPod-tans there are!

Strangely-enough, they do avoid ONE particular apple in the entire house.  It's almost as if..... they treat it..... as if it were somebody else's home....  `v'

QuoteWait when the Classic Mac-tans leave do they take their associated iPods with them? or do they leave the iPods behind?

My suggestion that iPod-chans are always scurrying about all over the house was in part inspired by Elebits:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elebits

So with all the high-flung emotions and anger, they probably got frightened and sought refuge in every nook and cranny (under remote controls, inside fruit baskets, behind picture panes, etc).  

Don't think the Classic-tans would have willingly taken the iPod-chans with them, since they don't feel they "own" them -- and even if they did, wouldn't have cared to stick around to search high and low for them.  ^.^

Bella

Panel 7 is looking good...I really can't point out a single character which I like the most, they're all so cute! System 8 and 9-tan's dresses are very adorable, and they might be my favorites here. Though System 4-tan is great, too-- 3-chan's hat is a little odd IMHO ^^

Very happy panel all and all, and I really love how you did the eyes, too.

Quotenice... is it wrong that the first thing I noticed was the cheese?

EPOC stands for Electronic Piece Of Cheese, or so the legend goes.

QuoteThey are! In order to not lose any prestige, several things from the Windows Family's early history are completely hidden from them (i.e: Xenix-san's service and existence, Altair-tan's contributions, MS BOB-tan's existance which 3.1-tan and 95-tan do not speak of) and the members that did not gain their family a lot of market share (1.0-chan and 2.0-chan) were exiled!

I know M$ proclaimed DOS as being dead yeaaaaars ago...so yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if MSDOS-tan was the next to get the boot (and am surprised she hasn't).

Plus, there's all that XP-tan/Vistan stuff-- I'm sure those two CAN'T get along well as all.

QuoteUnfortunately I can't as that is Intel-only. My Mac Mini is the Power PC kind

Nonesense! There are PowerPC distros you could give a try. Just as C-Chan pointed out...use a live CD version, not an install CD ^^

Quote[The young] Leo-chan, for sure. The one in your comic is surely her more level-headed self. ^.^

Yeah, level-headed and very good with explaining the mysteries of time-travel to people :3

Quote*squeals with delight*

And can you tell from that description that Bella-hime once ph34red the prospect of sticking a Puppy LiveCD into an old-as-mole-asses Compaq desktop? ^____^

Ahhh... the times... how they change. ^^

Can you tell from that description that two years ago, I wouldn't have heard of 3/4ths of those OSes?

QuoteI'm sure a lot of people thought Euphemia and Zero could never get along... but that worked rather well.... For a while.... ¬¬'

[fyi: Just finished watching Code Geass R2. Whatever annoyances I got from the first one were dispelled and forgiven... the second serious iS AWEEEEEEEEEEEESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! Now THAT'S what I call an ending!!! >>>>>>v<<<<< ]

Gyahaaa! I SO wanted to strangle that little skinny necked Bishonen after that incident with Euphemia. That idiot! T______T

So Code Geass R2 didn't manage to suck, huh? That's always good, sometimes the sequels don't end up all that well compared to the originals. (Gunslinger Girl II, for instance, I take is hated universally with no exceptions).

Quote*imagines reclining a HoneyWell mainframe to watch Anime at night*

*imagines being crushed by said mainframe a few seconds later* ^^;

But think, if you had your own personal Honeywell 6180, you would NEVER have to pay to heat your home again! And you probably wouldn't need an oven, you could just cook your food behind one of the deckplates!

TOP TEN REASONS WE'LL MISS THE HONEYWELL
When ENWGS was getting rid of Multics in favor of UNIX systems, this list was posted:

TOP TEN REASONS WE'LL MISS THE HONEYWELL

10. LOW, LOW INTEREST RATE ON MY HONEYWELL MASTERCARD.

9. GOTTEN USED TO THE SOUND OF DUELING CPU'S.

8. CLICKING OF THOUSANDS OF RELAYS DROWNED OUT NOISY LINE PRINTERS.

7. EXCEPT FOR THE STEAM AND OIL LEAKS, IT'S A PRETTY GOOD COMPUTER.

6. ON COLD MORNINGS, IT COULD BE JUMP STARTED WITH A LAPTOP.

5. SEEING OUR BREATH IN THE COMPUTER ROOM.

4. BLUE SMOKE FROM THE EXHAUST DROVE THE DMV NUTS.

3. SATANIC MESSAGES IN THE OBJECT CODE.

2. RATS UNDER THE DECKPLATES THE SIZE OF SCHNAUZERS.

...AND THE NUMBER ONE REASON WE'LL MISS THE HONEYWELL...

1. MIPS? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING MIPS!

QuoteNo but seriously, you can use whatever you want, d00d. Heck, I even posted the SVG of that banner in the Downloads section -- should the download quota ever get restored, you can download the sauce and modify it if you want (or finish the pic too). Certianly after the 16th you'll have near-free reign over the stuff I have posted in this forum. -v-

I was thinking of finishing the Miggy/Me-tan picture...

QuoteYou mean the world will suck and should have ended at its Sequel?
*gasps*
You're right, that's scary. >v<

BWHAHA!!!

QuoteFufufu... I so wanted to make that game. ^___^

Each of the characters had their own useful skills, but of course Amiga-sama was definitely the MVP of the early days, being the tallest, strongest, fastest, most resilient and most modern. In fact, few if any of the genuinely "vintage" OS-tans would actually be stronger than her to this date. -v-

She just doesn't "act" strong, is all. ^^

Heck, I'm sure Amiga-san could've thrown in with the CIOST, but she was too nice for them (and chose to make helping others her work in life).

QuotePlus there is a bit of that "Lechter" inspiration acting too in Unix-sama. Having lived all her life awashed in lies and corruption, UNIX-sama is literally attracted to "purity".

...that's probably why she likes Linux-sama so much, too. It's odd, really....I've always thought of the two as being very close, able to talk honestly with one another, to argue and share laughs-- but there still being a kind of deep void between them. I don't think Unix-sama would bring up the darker parts of her past very often, and I doubt Linux-sama would ever broach the subject (even if she does know a thing of two about it). -___-

QuoteI've only seen a few episodes of the first Code Geass but I liked it!

Code Geass was really awesome. I recomend it!

QuoteThat's right! I recently read that Windows 3.1 licenses will no longer be issued from MS. And I thought 3.1 ended all support in 2001, but 3.1 was used as an embedded OS until November 1st this year.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7707016.stm

I can't believe 3.1 was still used in jet entertainment systems! You'd think they would have used something....newer... O.o

On one hand, it's a bit sad that they're discontinuing support for one of the most revolutionary PC OSes of our time...on the other, it was revolutionary because it's the system largely responsible for M$'s foothold in the market. So...yeah...I'm not too sad.

QuoteAfter all the oppressive, abusive and annoying people she has had to deal with her whole life, it sure would be incredibly refreshing to meet someone that is nice, honest and pure!

...Like, Linux-sama. Again. ^^

I doubt Unix-sama's entire life was spent in the company of oppressive, abusive and annoying people-- but I do think those sorts would have brought out the worse in her.

QuoteI'm still aiming to make my Concentration game, though. ^^
Course, in typical C-chan style, it probably won't be isolated to just Concentration alone. With a base game complete (including other Memory-style variants), I wouldn't mind trying to bake in a "Battle Mode" and/or a "Story Mode".

I can't wait to see this game! I believe you can do this! :3

QuotePlus it's only a mask. You could be smiling and laughing, but deep down inside cursing or coveting the person you're with. -.-

Done that. I tend to avoid confrontations with people I don't like, even if it means being pretentious... -___-

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: "C-Chan"
Like I always say:  "Some things deserve to just die gracefully".  ^^;
I agree. Its better to let a series die gracefully that make more episodes or movies that are just overkill ;014

Fufufu... Just keep piling it on, Aurora-hime.  ^___^
Definitely very very happy and proud I helped give you so much stuff to draw about.

Likewise, I have so much I want to program for too.  ^.^
I think I can get to it quickly because my queue isn't TOO huge. And thanks for all the ideas that motivated me to draw pictures that I never would have considered!

I'm still aiming to make my Concentration game, though.  ^^
Course, in typical C-chan style, it probably won't be isolated to just Concentration alone.  With a base game complete (including other Memory-style variants), I wouldn't mind trying to bake in a "Battle Mode" and/or a "Story Mode".  
Cool! The snippet of code from your game that you posted up looked really good! And I know the story mode would be awesome because you are so great with stories!

Better than that... humility just comes on naturally to her.  
If she simply 'pretended' to be a weak character, UNIX-sama likely wouldn't have liked her very much.
Ah... Humility is the key to downplaying her abilities!

YES!!  ^v^
The Pu-chan arriveth. ^^
In just a few more panels...

Strangely-enough, they do avoid ONE particular apple in the entire house.  It's almost as if..... they treat it..... as if it were somebody else's home....  `v'
The apple on OSX-tan's head!... I wouldn't want to go near it either. OSX-tan is my favorite of the canon OS-tans but she is also someone you really REALLY don't want to mess with!

My suggestion that iPod-chans are always scurrying about all over the house was in part inspired by Elebits:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elebits

So with all the high-flung emotions and anger, they probably got frightened and sought refuge in every nook and cranny (under remote controls, inside fruit baskets, behind picture panes, etc).  
Aww! Cute ideas, and good inspiration source! (I've never played Elebits, but it looks very good!)

Don't think the Classic-tans would have willingly taken the iPod-chans with them, since they don't feel they "own" them -- and even if they did, wouldn't have cared to stick around to search high and low for them.  ^.^
That's what I thought too. After having more than enough BS from Leopard-tan, the Classic-tans just want to get the heck outta there!
---

I hope to get panel 8 of page 1 as well as the first two or three panels of page 2 up today!

I did get the bios for Mac System 4-tan, Cheetah-tan and Jaguar-tan posted: (hahaha! Order is overrated!)

Mac System 4-tan: Macintosh System 4-tan is is very friendly, carefree, strives to be as useful as she can, and is overall cheerful but picky, hides an inferiority complex and some feelings of envy towards her other relatives (because of her obscurity compared to them and that she is the last Mac-tan that cannot multitask). She is also glutinous, particularly fond of ice cream. Despite her inferiority complex and feelings of envy, she is usually able to keep a positive attitude and happily interact with her relatives.

She is oblivious to the perversion in and around the Mac House yet can accurately foresee (and is lucky enough to avoid) the next bout of perversion but rarely interferes as she feels like there isn't much she can do about it, and also because she finds the OSX-kuns' and Foobies-tan's perverted antics amusing.

Cheetah-tan: Cheetah-tan is a wild and mischievous dominatrix, who is strong and even more perverted than the OSX-kuns but that is what makes her a valuable ally to Mac System 6-tan, Mac OS 8-tan and Mac OS X-tan; the four of which teamed up to fight perversion. She is formidable and a little sadistic but is clumsy and insecure about herself. She likes to mess with the OSX-kuns and takes advantage of the fact that Foobies-tan likes to go after her!

Jaguar-tan: Jaguar-tan is the first self-confident OS X-tan. She is friendly, outgoing, tomboyish and hyper but socially awkward and sometimes difficult to work with. She loves comedy and is willing to join either side of the Mac House perversion conflict because she can!

C-Chan

YAY!!  Done with my UBER response to Bella-hime's masterpiece.  ^^

Now then, time to finish up them DangOS.  ^.^

But first....

QuoteI agree. Its better to let a series die gracefully that make more episodes or movies that are just overkill  

Read: Tenchi Muyo.  ^^;

QuoteCool! The snippet of code from your game that you posted up looked really good! And I know the story mode would be awesome because you are so great with stories!

I'm still not sure how a Story Mode would work out, but the Battle Mode would clearly involve a game of concentration with both a time limit and unique powers/traps/easter eggs that would be invoked with the right/wrong combination. Pick out a character that's nice (like Amiga-sama) and you'd be rewarded some thumbtacks to place on any card (so you can remember potentially important ones).

Disturb (=overturn without a match) a UNIX-sama card TWICE, and she'll destroy your entire game and make you start from scratch (but the timer wouldn't reset... :P)

And since Vistan is a bit of a ... piggy... you'll actually need to overturn FOUR of her cards just to get her out of the way.  ^___^

Stuff like that.  ^^

QuoteThe apple on OSX-tan's head!... I wouldn't want to go near it either. OSX-tan is my favorite of the canon OS-tans but she is also someone you really REALLY don't want to mess with!

And besides, don't forget... peeling that thing would destroy DSL-chan's house!  @v@

Only she and her little brother don't mind messing with OSX-tan (they've been able to do it for quite some time without getting caught).  ^___^