Mac Party Redux!

Started by Aurora Borealis, February 03, 2008, 10:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guyveroz

QuoteIt's a very intriguing an intelligent series. Like a mecha show with brains.... ^.^
and Pizza Hut

QuoteSo with all the high-flung emotions and anger, they probably got frightened and sought refuge in every nook and cranny (under remote controls, inside fruit baskets, behind picture panes, etc).
In socks in hair in und... nevermind >////>

QuoteI did get the bios for Mac System 4-tan, Cheetah-tan and Jaguar-tan posted: (hahaha! Order is overrated!)
Yes order is overrated this is chaOS!

QuoteAnd since Vistan is a bit of a ... piggy... you'll actually need to overturn FOUR of her cards just to get her out of the way. ^___^
What about XP? Well story mode could work that you remove panels to reeal the next age in the story :P

NejinOniwa

QuoteYes order is overrated this is chaOS!
FACT: Any word ending in -os is a glorious pun for OSC-ists.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

guyveroz

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"
QuoteYes order is overrated this is chaOS!
FACT: Any word ending in -os is a glorious pun for OSC-ists.
Then i should fit right in ^^.
Question what if the OS is not at the end example: mOSs cOST mOSt (hey it's an actual fragment) ... cOSmOS... okay so that last one is a double >.>

Aurora Borealis

OSmium, nOSotrOS, caboOSe, morOSe, OStrich. I found a few more!

Still have to finish panel 8 of page 1, but here are preliminary vector sketches of panels 1-3 of page 2: (panel 3 is especially in its early stages, the bodies used for the other OSX-tans are placeholders)

guyveroz

OSmOSis

The OS-X 10.x-tans are nekkid O.O

Poor Tiger-tan all she wants to do is go back to sleep... looks like she's ready to ripoff the head of the first person to talk to her.
I like the way everyone except Tiger-tan is all smiles.

C-Chan

Quoteand Pizza Hut

And yes, it's the first Anime I've ever seen featuring an actual American trademark.  I wonder if that's legitimate (I'm sure it HAS to be if they licensed it).  ^__^'

What about XP?

She would need THREE cards... fufufu... ^.^

QuoteWell story mode could work that you remove panels to reeal the next age in the story :P

I was thinking of something along the lines of that, yeah.  ^^
I was also wondering if it couldn't be more RPGish... as in travel to different rooms to collect cards that could potentially match others in different rooms, or unlock items that help you progress to different stages.

In any event, I'm still thinking too far ahead.  First thing's first... work on the base. ^^'

Still have to finish panel 8 of page 1, but here are preliminary vector sketches of panels 1-3 of page 2: (panel 3 is especially in its early stages, the bodies used for the other OSX-tans are placeholders)

WAAAAAI!!!!!  PUCHAN!!! PUCHAN!!! PUCHAN'S IN THE HOUSE!!!  >>>>v<<<<

But she's nekkid.  @@

(j/k, j/k... ^^)

PANEL1:  Mama OSX has a bit of nerve to be lounging around while her older sisters are cooking and cleaning to the bone.  -v-

That, or she sleeps on the couch. ^.^

PANEL2:  For a moment I was caught off guard by the "Rhapsody-chan" remark... until I remembered that System 3-tan is WAY older than Rhapsody.  ^__^'

Incidentally, Rhapsody's bathrobe looks very nice on her -- probably even better than her original wear (before the blue and yellow add-ons).  If anything, that little "X" over her chest does it for me.  ^^

Her seems a little "poofier" than usual -- but aside from the fact that it's morning, I think it helps it look cuter too.  ^^

PANEL3:  WAAAAAI!!!!!  PUCHAN!!! PUCHAN!!! PUCHAN'S IN THE HOUSE!!!  >>>>v<<<<

But she's nekkid.  @@

(j/k, j/k... ^^)

But aside from the Peerless Power of the Pu, the statuesque Cheetah-sama, the Pleasant Panther, and the Jovial Jaguar (yeah, she seems unusually genki this morning), I absolutely LOVE Tiger-sama.  She kinda reminds me of myself in the mornings.  ^____________^

Oh,... and is that who I think it is snuck in the background?  ^.^

guyveroz

QuoteAnd yes, it's the first Anime I've ever seen featuring an actual American trademark. I wonder if that's legitimate (I'm sure it HAS to be if they licensed it). ^__^'
Pizza Hut is a sponsor of CG \^...^/

QuotePANEL3: WAAAAAI!!!!! PUCHAN!!! PUCHAN!!! PUCHAN'S IN THE HOUSE!!! >>>>v<<<<
You just copy pasted this comment from your ealier comment on this post :P

on a side note what sizzling anyway?

Aurora Borealis

So recently I decided to revive this, posting the start up in time for OSX Leopard's three-year anniversary! :D

I switched from vector graphics to hand-drawn and colored since in a way that doesn't cause my perfectionistic tendencies to bog me down and I could get this done.

Bella

This is gonna end with Leopard-tan bringing home a bunch of her new Unix friends isn't it? Or is the disaster gonna be her breaking the spacetime continuum? >>

Aurora Borealis

The disastrous part is a reference to Classic support being dropped, with Leopard-tan being very blunt towards the Classic-tans when she was trying to help them, by making them retire!

The Mac-tans might not mind Leopard-tan bringing friends over, as long as they're the nicer of the Unices! (Incidentally, the Mac and Unix forces would be somewhat allied since the late 90's or early 2000's, given all the Unix technology introduced in OSX, and the OSX-style appearances of some Linux distros)

Bella

Ahhhh, I see... this was before she learnt herself some manners! :<

I think the OSXen would probably see themselves as being allied with the Unices -- dunno how the Unices would feel about THEM, however. I imagine Unix-sama and BSD-tan would be partial toward them (since OSX, like Linux, is helping ensure the survival and advancement of Unixkind), but the Linuxes and BSDs might be a little more suspicious of them (being closed-source, and also having the backing of one of the more powerful - and potentially dangerous - computer companies, Apple).

Leopard and Snow Leopard would probably consider themselves especially close to the Unices due to 10.5 and 10.6's Single Unix Specification certification (making them the first OSXes and first BSDs to gain such a certification).

NejinOniwa

I think the OSXen would probably see themselves as being allied with the Unices -- dunno how the Unices would feel about THEM, however. I imagine Unix-sama and BSD-tan would be partial toward them (since OSX, like Linux, is helping ensure the survival and advancement of Unixkind), but the Linuxes and BSDs might be a little more suspicious of them (being closed-source, and also having the backing of one of the more powerful - and potentially dangerous - computer companies, Apple).
Well, that about sums the affiliation chart up quite well.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

stewartsage

Yay more classic Mac girls from Aurora-dono!

Meanwhile in the decaying brick headquarters of the Mainframe Guild's lodge.....  nothing's happening....

Chocofreak13

looking forward to this. also appreciating the switch away from vector graphics, Aurora-hime, since your comics always used them and seemed a little.......robotic? (i much prefer the human touch this new one has. <3)

hmm, had no idea linux and Mac were pretty much second or third cousins.....interesting how these things are so close yet far apart.

lemme know if there's anything i can do to help ^^
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

Thanks! I'm still trying to experiment more with vector graphics (as well as hand-drawn stuff to diversify) to give them a more human feel- though with my hand-drawn stuff I strive for a manga look, and with vector graphics, I strive for an anime cel look.

The Linux-tans aren't related to the Unices by blood, though they may be related in their philosophies. That is, Linux-tan is Unix-sama's spiritual successor!