The "Old games I still like to play" thread

Started by Gussy Keniji, November 29, 2007, 08:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pitkin

This doesn't really fit the "games I still play" as I just discovered this game on Monday: Fallout from 1997. Since Arcanum was referred to as the "most Fallout-like game since... well, Fallout itself" I thought I'd definitely like it. Post-apocalyptic steampunkish era taking place in year 1155 or so some 80 years after a nuclear war, it's extremely interesting. o.o

Chocofreak13

sounds like it. *w*

i've recently gotten semi-addicted to taipei. >.<;;
click to make it bigger

Alex_Reetz

well.... i play um....a lot of sim date games/ hentai games from 88-01. I love the vintage feel of them

FAN FACT: my favorite Sim date game came out on 02/20/91; same day i was born.

Chocofreak13

that's epic. -w-

i have some dating sims, but the only one i've played is Thousand Arms (the only one i have that's not for the computer).

it's AWEEEESOME. >:3
click to make it bigger

Alex_Reetz

i like:

Kana: little sister
Fear the drill man
True love
Come see me tonight 1 & 2
princess maker 1-3
VH Club
Snow Sakura
Maid Story
3 maid tales
Bunch of Dreamcast sim dates
and other japanese h games

Chocofreak13

i've read a description of kana, looks good but a little dramatic.

i'd like to get Family Project ~ Kazoku Keikaku. ^^
click to make it bigger

Nichi

The closest things to dating sims I've played are:

- Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love (Wasn't that great, really; it felt like a launch title for the Sega Saturn)
- Persona 3 (The portion during the day can count, and is pieced together well with the monster fighting at night. Remember; be nice to your friends, and you'll be like Chuck Norris when you go fight monsters at night...which gives me an urge to report that "The More You Know" logo)

Chocofreak13

you should have put "the more you know" logo. that would have been awesome. xD

i reccomend Thousand Arms to anyone who can get their hands on it. it's usually confused with Wild Arms (no relation as far as i know), but it's a standalone rpg/dating sim. the fun thing is, in order to advance in the RPG, you need to play the dating sim :3
click to make it bigger

Alex_Reetz

harvest moon series ftw....

although lately it has been rubbish.

Chocofreak13

oo, harvest moon. one of the easiest games in the world. ^^
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I remember playing one of the Harvest Moon games ages ago, after years of talking about how stupid I though it was...and, for about a month or two, I was hooked on it.

Alex_Reetz

fomt was a hard game. what you talking about.

HMDS was a bitch to keep stable.

Chocofreak13

i have the harvest moon special edition for the ps2. it's fun, and cute, and easy (especially since we fall into a routine, and what we do during the day is based off the morning horoscope).

plus, the way i got my wife in one of the games was just epic. -w-
click to make it bigger

Alex_Reetz

the harvest moon GBC was shit.

even the Snes version was better.

personally, i love the 64 version the best.

Chocofreak13

i should track down a copy of that. every cool 64 game i get is a victory. :3

(of course, i should probably get 2 more controllers first, to take full advantage of the multiplayer....)
click to make it bigger