HURD-tan

Started by Kami-Tux, February 15, 2007, 08:27:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kami-Tux

You all know that I can not really draw well, and so this HURD-tan is far from reaching version 1.0.

HURD-tan is a student who works as a waiter to make ends meet. She is a perfectionist, which severly hinders her academic progress since she wants to understand everything completely and always find the most elegant solution. She is a bit distrusting towards the distro-tans, with the exception of Debian-tan. She prefers to stay away from Linux-tan since she still feels a lot of anger towards her. She is not exactly aware of the existance of most of the Windows-tans. As she would say: "Hey, I have my studies, my work, I have no time to read the news." She likes to hang out in her limited free time with other rather nerdy OS-tans.

Some explanations: I used the lilac hair to show the family similarity to Minix-tan and of course Linux-tan. Besides the obvious pun about being a 'waiter' the tablets also imply that the HURD kernel is based on servers.

The elegant shoes symbolize how HURD made life hard for itself by only searching an elegant solution.

Kial Harry Potter ĉiam faras danĝerajn aferojn?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Tsubashi

Wow, That's pretty nifty! You saw a gap, and filled it in! Great Job!
-Tsu

C-Chan

Hehe... well it was only a matter of time before the Great Penguin God came up with a HURD design, since she's been talking about a HURD-tan for a long while now.  The server part is very cute, plus the fact that she's so out of it with current events.  I reckon all Unix and Unix-like types have to have a little quirk or two (or twenty). ^__^

I'm sure she's so distracted in her work, she doesn't even realize (or care if) she's the butt end of countless jokes.
("Yeah yeah yeah, I'll get you that Duke Nuke thingie too.  Now please, go away.")

See?  Thanks to you finally being back, your rekindling my interest in drawing Linux, Unix and Unix-like systems.  -v-

Kami-Tux

Yeah, she is at the butt-end of many jokes without caring: "Three beers and one enlightenment 17? okay, I got that, I'll hurry! What do you mean about half a year? no, I'll hurry!"

I however think the various oddities of the Unix-tans are adorable. Linux-tan and the fact that she is n+x distro-tans when you look at her, Puffy-tan's paranoia...

Added after 27 minutes:

oh, BTW: Can I upload svgs to the gallery?

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

C-Chan

Fufufu... Puffy-tan.  ^.^

As for the gallery, SVGs can't be uploaded to the gallery since it will only accept standard image files.  There you'd have to convert it to PNG, of course.  -.-

The Download section, on the other hand, is a different story.  ^__^

Kami-Tux

I submitted her as png to the gallery.

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Thurosis

Quote from: "Kami-Tux"You all know that I can not really draw well, and so this HURD-tan is far from reaching version 1.0.

Maybe i can help! ^_^
give me some information (in short form about the Character)

For example:

Eye color:
Hair color:(Okay^^" I know this because the pic)
Cloths: (what she/he wears)

(you can add more, if you want ^^)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Everything is learnable!~
It comes only on it, how much strives and time you put into it.
And there arn\'t better or worse for us artist only different!
All Artists have their own individually styles and all drawings have their own good sides!

Kami-Tux

Age: in her thirties (rumours are that she celebrated the 39th birthday for the 4th time however)
Eye color: yellow
Cloths: (what she/he wears) She is dressed as a waitress, also: elegant high-heel-shoes in which she can not walk easily.

Character: perfectionist, maybe slight Asperger's (lacking social skills, very limited field of interest), as described in the first post.

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Thurosis

Quote from: "Kami-Tux"Age: in her thirties (rumours are that she celebrated the 39th birthday for the 4th time however)
Eye color: yellow
Cloths: (what she/he wears) She is dressed as a waitress, also: elegant high-heel-shoes in which she can not walk easily.

Character: perfectionist, maybe slight Asperger's (lacking social skills, very limited field of interest), as described in the first post.

thanks a lot i'm will start it right now ^_^

But please don't expect something professionell! (because i'm not a pro!)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All Artists have their own individually styles and all drawings have their own good sides!

Kami-Tux

nah, I don't!I think it is already great that you draw her and by that show interest in this OS.

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Thurosis

Quote from: "Kami-Tux"nah, I don't!I think it is already great that you draw her and by that show interest in this OS.

if i don't have the interest to OS-tan i wouldn't join this group ^_^ :D hehehe

Kami-Tux

Yeah, but being interested in HURD-tan, that is something special... and good!

Pro lia vol\' de mort\'!

Thurosis

now i finished it ^^ Here is the version in black

here the version in violett ^^ (I hope you like it ^_^)

the original looks much better than the scaned version -.-"

C-Chan

/C-chan loves.  A brilliant mixture of cuteness and elegance.  ^__^

But that does seem like her just starting a new job at a French restaurant -- I wonder what she'd look like after clocking in her first 14 hours of straight overtime.  -v-'

Tsubashi

Sugoi! Yet another great drawing by Thurosis-sama! Keep them coming!

QuoteBut that does seem like her just starting a new job at a French restaurant -- I wonder what she'd look like after clocking in her first 14 hours of straight overtime. -v-'

TeeHee, C-Chan is right! ^^
-Tsu