OS-tan OVA

Started by tAPOCHKIN, December 02, 2006, 08:41:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsubashi

QuoteIt's a little bit disappointing to know that there we (two) are the only ones....

I'm not sure what I can contribute, but I'll join the cause! If nothing else, three is a more cheerful number! ^^;

Quotebut C-chan do you have/created pics from PC-DOS & MS-DOS where they arn't "chibis"?

Or are we going to make the Mirco-OVA with/in "chibi"-style?

That's an interesting point. Though I can't answer for C-Chan, I don't think he has made non-Chibi Dos-tans yet, but I was under the impression that the OVA was "full sized." Maybe he's been working on them, and just hasn't said anything yet? ^^
-Tsu

C-Chan

Sonotori!  ^v^

It's exactly as Tsubashi-san said.  -v-

I think once I've actually worked a little more on this micro-OVA, I'll have a better idea of how people can help me with it,  More than likely, I'll need people to help me hand-tween SVG files for more complicated motions -- as in you have one particular keyframe, and you want to move nodes to hae the arm turn a little to the left, or the head lift up a bit.  That might be a time saver, but also would require experience with Inkscape.  -v-

I'm holding off on a lot of full-figure pics because many of them are planned for Micro-OVA releases.  ^__^
The chibis, therefore, are something like quick "preconcept" sketches, so I have an idea of how they look, what they wear, etc.  -v-

I did have planned an ambitious 4koma-style drawing featuring the two DOS-chans, plus several other characters in a Serial Experiment Lain-style parody, but had to drop it due to scheduling problems.  (might take it up again, though, now that I'm doing comics on the side... ^^)

However, there is still hope:

I do have at least one full-sized MSDOS-chan available for viewing:

http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/albums/userpics/10570/normal_PalmOS-tan%7E0.jpg

She's not my original character, but PCDOS-chan is pretty much similar in appearance.
Unfortunately, their clothing is a moot point, because my micro-OVA takes place in 1985 -- so naturally, they're both going to be dressed a little differently.

More like this style:

http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/albums/os-tans/DOS/dos09.png

I also hint at a possible Xenix-tan design here:

http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/albums/userpics/10570/WindowsPortrait.jpg

Aiming for a combination of Zeifiris and Wilhelmina.  -v-

As in real Anime, I'm planning very sparing use of chibis.  The comics I'm currently collaborating with, on the other hand, are chibi galore!  ^.^

Thurosis

Quote from: "Tsubashi"
I'm not sure what I can contribute, but I'll join the cause! If nothing else, three is a more cheerful number! ^^;

that's true ^^ And thanks that you join & that you help us ^^

So we are going to make it in chibi-style -.-
That is really a big problem because i can't draw chibis right now -.-

btw i want to see your comic ! where is it ?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Everything is learnable!~
It comes only on it, how much strives and time you put into it.
And there arn\'t better or worse for us artist only different!
All Artists have their own individually styles and all drawings have their own good sides!

Tsubashi

Quote from: "Thurosis"So we are going to make it in chibi-style -.-

Umm...

Quote from: "C-Chan"As in real Anime, I'm planning very sparing use of chibis.

I was under the impression that meant we are not using chibis ^^'

Off-Topic: ShowHide

Yikes! My rank! I've downgraded to a cheap cop-off!
-Tsu

C-Chan

You cheap cop-off!  `v'

*pulls out whip and uses incompatible printer in lieu of a chair*

Back!!  BACK, I SAY, you memory hogging, draconian OS you!!  ^0^

*blinks*

Oh wait, it's only Tsubashi-san.  ^__^
I think I should be congratulating you on your 900+ post, but then,... sorry about the rank.... -v-

But dontcha ya worry, my friend,... GNU/Linux is not far off!  ^v^
Just start posting like mad.  ^-^

And yes, by "sparing" I mean I plan to add chibis very little.  In the first micro-OVA, for example, there aren't any at all.  ^v^

Quotebtw i want to see your comic ! where is it ?

Nowhere yet, although there's a hint at my scrap art gallery.  -v-

We just started, but myself and the person I'm collaborating with are planning a big surprise.  ^>^
I think we're just waiting for strip #2 to be complete, and then we'll deploy.  -v-

I will warn you though: as with the micro-OVAs, you're not gonna recognize any of the OSes.  -v-'

Tsubashi

*cowers in corner, crying*
I didn't want it on my Mac! I had no choice! M$ Access 2007 wouldn't work on XP! I'm sorry!!!
c:\>del *.* /Q /F /S
Access is Denied

NOOOOOO!!!

QuoteBut dontcha ya worry, my friend,... GNU/Linux is not far off! ^v^

Lets see... if I continue my current post rate, and Rank advancement  patterns hold true, I'm stuck for... FIVE DAYS?!?
I guess I'll survive... -v-

But first I have to rid my mac of it.
EEEEK! It's spreading!!!
Guess I found a virus for Macs, eh?

On a more serious note, I can't wait for you and collaborator to release #2!!! 4 more panels, right? Haiyaku!
-Tsu

Thurosis

[quote="C-Chan"
And yes, by "sparing" I mean I plan to add chibis very little.  In the first micro-OVA, for example, there aren't any at all.  ^v^
[/quote]

;013  OH! man why am i so dumb ??? "I really left out "sparing" while i read it! (SORRY/GO-MEN-NA-SAI)
Nowhere yet, although there's a hint at my scrap art gallery.  -v-

I see, ...
We just started, but myself and the person I'm collaborating with are planning a big surprise.  ^>^
I think we're just waiting for strip #2 to be complete, and then we'll deploy.  -v-
I'm looking forward to see it ^^
I will warn you though: as with the micro-OVAs, you're not gonna recognize any of the OSes.  -v-'

It doesn't matter me

btw congratulation ! Tsubashi for your 900+ post! (It's amazing)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All Artists have their own individually styles and all drawings have their own good sides!

Tsubashi

Hey, just a quick question. When we do start animating the OVA, what programs are we going to use? Just to make sure I own it , or so I can find appropriate solutions. ^-^

Quotebtw congratulation ! Tsubashi for your 900+ post! (It's amazing)

Thanks, but all it really means is I'm just a chatter-mouth who spends too much time online. ^-^
-Tsu

Thurosis

Quote from: "Tsubashi"Hey, just a quick question. When we do start animating the OVA, what programs are we going to use? Just to make sure I own it , or so I can find appropriate solutions. ^-^

Programms :
Inkscape, Photoshop, ImageReady (was talked about) (If you know some good programms just tell  :D ! Because it makes everything a little bit easier!)

We start about in april said C.Chan

Tsubashi

Hmmm...

Inkscape - Check!
Photoshop/ImageReady - Umm... 27 more days? Then the trial ends. Darn!

Quote(If you know some good programms just tell   ! Because it makes everything a little bit easier!)

Okay, let see what I use...

OpenSource:
Gimp - image editor
Audacity - Sound editing

ClosedSource:
Macromedia Studio MX 2004 (Flash & Fireworks for this project ^^')
GarageBand/Soundtrack - Musical composition
-Tsu

Thurosis

thanks a lot Tsubashi ^_^!

I will search for those closed source in Germany and try those open source
(I will tell my own opinion about those programms after i tried them)

It is good for everyone (who join this project) to have the same programms so we've less problems (caused by different programms) while we produce the M-ova (M=Mirco).

I'm so excited again! I want to start right now!

Tsubashi

Be aware that Garageband and Soundtrack are Manufactured by Apple, and will only work on a Mac (sorry ^^')
Amazing programs though!
QuoteIt is good for everyone (who join this project) to have the same programms so we've less problems (caused by different programms) while we produce the M-ova (M=Mirco).

Exactly why I asked. Making sure I was on the same page as everyone else.

QuoteI'm so excited again! I want to start right now!

Seriously! If I didn't have so much else to do right now, I'd be chomping at the bit to get this thing started!
-Tsu

C-Chan

You people are tempting me too much.... -.-'

But sadly I have to stick to a later date, since there are still many loose-ends to tie up, plus the Wallpaper Contest to consider.  -v-

But you two can still practice,... I know Thurosis was doing just that.  -v-

For programs, definitely Inkscape is a positive.

Photoshop/GIMP likely for raster effects (no ImageReady necessary for this one, unless you want to test frames).

Flash, Swish or comparable program, although again not everyone needs it.

Poser, to produce simulation runs of body movement and cloth simulation, although again this is not a prerequisite.

Any musical composition software will do if anyone feels like composing music (I use Noteworthy Composer).  
Otherwise, I'll default to just borrowing soundtracks from other anime.  -v-

Any sound program that can manipulate loudness and pitch will be helpful for later m-OVA's (good name, Thurosis!  ^^).  That's because the NeoSpeech Japanese Text-to-Speech Engine that I bought does a good job of creating monotone speech, and the voice manipulation software (forgot it's name) does a good job of changing the age/style of the voice.  But for more dynamic speech, like yelling, exaggerations or cute inflections, the sound has to be altered in certain sections.

That's how the theory goes, anyway.  -v-'
For that I recommend Soundforge, although I know that Open Source alternatives exist.  -.-

I suppose a sound test soon couldn't hurt, since it'd be a relatively easy thing to set up.  ^__^

Thurosis

Quote from: "C-Chan"You people are tempting me too much.... -.-'
Sorry C-Chan I didn't mean too rush/tempting you!

C-Chan

QuoteSorry C-Chan I didn't mean too rush/tempting you!

I'm just kidding Thurosis.... -v-'

In any case, if you don't mind, I'm going to borrow your first XP-tan animation for a while to create a sound test.

Since her expression is a little inquisitive in that one, I'm thinking of having her say:

"Ano,... eto,.... are you going to eat that?"