OS-tan OVA

Started by tAPOCHKIN, December 02, 2006, 08:41:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

QuotePoor Xenix-tan... poor xenix-tan... so bad the Windows-tans and DOS-tans have won the war for the market share...

Fufu,... more Windows-tans than DOS-tans, since the latter are now being left on the curve as well.  -v-

My concern is that as time moves on, people will forget to appreciate the things that helped make their life what it is.  -.-

Quotehehehe^^

this have nothing to do with the Micro-OVA-Project but drew something again  

http://ostan-collections.net/topic-394.html

Haha,.. guess you're also a fellow project jumper too, eh?  `v'
Hehe, that's fine,... better to switch to where inspiration is most plentiful, than get artist's block sticking stubbornly to a single work.  -v-

One thing I forgot to mention about your last GIF.  Not sure if you've continued working on it since then, but one thing to keep in mind is that her eyelashes must move along with her eyelids.  Currently her eyelids are the only thing moving, which makes it look as if her lashes are stuck in place.  This wasn't very noticeable in the last GIF because her eyebrows were hidden (so the lashes passed for her eyebrows), but here where the eyebrows are visible, the effect is more noticeable.  '__'

Of course redrawing the new eyelash positions will be a pain, but stand by for a bit and I can show you something cool.  ^.^

Thurosis

Haha,.. guess you're also a fellow project jumper too, eh?  `v'
Hehe, that's fine,... better to switch to where inspiration is most plentiful, than get artist's block sticking stubbornly to a single work.  -v-

That's true ^^
One thing I forgot to mention about your last GIF.  Not sure if you've continued working on it since then, but one thing to keep in mind is that her eyelashes must move along with her eyelids.  Currently her eyelids are the only thing moving, which makes it look as if her lashes are stuck in place.  This wasn't very noticeable in the last GIF because her eyebrows were hidden (so the lashes passed for her eyebrows), but here where the eyebrows are visible, the effect is more noticeable.  '__'

Of course redrawing the new eyelash positions will be a pain, but stand by for a bit and I can show you something cool.  ^.^

Thanks ! I will keep that in mind! ^^

i will add more "movements" to this ! So we can let her do "more" than let her say baka (I must color it too )
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Everything is learnable!~
It comes only on it, how much strives and time you put into it.
And there arn\'t better or worse for us artist only different!
All Artists have their own individually styles and all drawings have their own good sides!

C-Chan

Okay, time for a crash course in vector drawings.  ^__^

Attached please find a version of your latest XP-tan in vector format.

You probably downloaded Inkscape before, but a new and better version has come out which is available here:

http://www.inkscape.org/

Please use that to open the SVG file held within.

As you can see, it only has a single eye set and a single mouth pose (all held in their own separate layer).  But the beauty of this approach is that you can use the anchor points to reposition the object or change the shape of it.  So the same mouth can be made wider or narrower, bigger or smaller, yelling or smiling, without any pixel degradation.  This is great for doing storyboards (or actual tweening) of animation since you can sculpt the shapes before actually making them permanent (via exporting the frame to a final PNG file).

I'll let you play around with the file first to see if you're interested in learning more, and have a couple of questions.  -v-
Please note that XP's body is only a simple Trace Bitmap (which doesn't look half-bad thanks to a an improved Trace Bitmap in this program version).  Normally the whole body would be constructed of independent paths and anchors as well, but for now we're assuming her body will remain still for this test.

[attachment deleted by admin]

redrackham

Ahh.....
Finally i got Swish Max again.....
Now i'll try to create my own OS-tan flash movie, or even flash game.....mwe...

BUt since i'm already busy with lab. practice......so i don't know when it will done....
Life is the most complex OS and system ever.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..........!!!!!!!!

Life power rules !!!!

Thurosis

Don't worry! we aren't rushing! So you have plenly time :D

(but may you share the information how to use the programm that you mentioned?? and where to get it?)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All Artists have their own individually styles and all drawings have their own good sides!

C-Chan

Don't forget the SVG file I sent ya know.... -v-'
That's how things get buried around these parts.  -.-'

Added after 1 minutes:

Swish is a nice, cheaper alternative to Flash,... though unfortunately I haven't been able to use it too much. ^__^

redrackham

@Thurosis
how to use it...hmmm....almost same way as you use macromedia flash....but it's simple and you can use and modify the effect on the template....

Where to get it.....buy it at software shop  ;012
Life is the most complex OS and system ever.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..........!!!!!!!!

Life power rules !!!!

C-Chan

Swish does have a nicer layout and seems fairly easy to use.  ^^
Just wish it could import SVG files (although I only know of one Flash creator that does...  ^^;).

And anyway, how goes the acquisition of Inkscape, redrackham-san?  ^.^

Also, I loved your latest color drawings, but am surprised you didn't announce them.  If not for Fedora-dono's random pic generator, they would've slipped by me.  -.-'

Thurosis

Can C-Chan or someone tell me how I create Video-files with those (gif-) animation?

(if someone tell/teach/consult me how i can do it (with details) you will maybe  suprised in the next few months ^_^ )

C-Chan

Here too, see my Private Message.... -___-

Thurosis

I agree what you said in the pm C-Chan and thank you for the svg-file!!But you must know i'm a kind dumb in using new programms if their arn't detailed information...
and with playing around i can't do many things i will even do things longer than usually...-.-

but there's a problem too... i told many times (i think) i can't undersand the english text with complex words/technical terms ! because my english vocabulary lacks there... -.-

Added after 27 minutes:

I'm always afraid to say/tip something wrong -.- so that other people missunderstand me and get angry at me (do understand what i want to say...)

C-Chan

That does pose a bit of a problem since some things require detailed technical instructions, but you say you have a hard time understanding it.  

But like I said, the way to get around that is to keep the communication going -- no matter what, DO - NOT - BE - AFRAID to ask questions, even over trivial things.  I rather you fawn over every detail than keep silent over all of it, because then at least I know you're interested.  -v-

The movie-making program we can forget about for now, since that requires purchasing or acquiring extra software which we can't give to you.  Free programs might exist, but I'd have to ask Kami-Tux.

The coloring thing you asked for in another thread, I might be able to contribute to a little sooner since someone else asked about Inkscape too.

Either way, from now on, I'll try to keep my instructions brief to avoid misunderstandings, and to maximize your ability to figure out 50% of these things on your own.  Otherwise, it wouldn't be art, just dictation.  -.-

Thurosis

Thanks C-Chan -.- i 'll continue to ask if i don't understand somthing!

and thanks for the pm with the tutorial ^^!

btw

i read the story from the beginnig of this thread (the parody to Rozen Maiden)

and first of all i don't know the characters (xenix, PCDOS, MSDOS etc...) so where can I find infos/pics about these characters

please don't think that i want to hurry and I don't mean it in bad! When do we REALLY start/beginn this project (the parody to Rozen Maiden)? Because i have the feeling that everyone are doing what they want! And I have the feeling too that we(C-Chan and me Thurosis) are the only ones who are doing something ... (but stuck at the explaining) ...

(who are really take part in this project?)

C-Chan

Quote(who are really take part in this project?)

Up until you came, just myself.  -v-
I wasn't the first one to come up with the idea for a homebrewed Anime, but it interested me enough to volunteer to experiment with it.  

Of course, I'm also collaborating on a comic project and have about 6 other still images to draw, so I don't intend to start that micro-OVA anytime before April.  -v-
That's why I made it a point not to worry about my project for a while.  ^^

There characters themselves,....

MSDOS-tan is a canon OS-tan, though she appeared after the Troubled Windows girls.  PCDOS-tan and Xenix-tan, however, are my own creations.  You can find brief descriptions for PCDOS and MSDOS here:

http://ostan-collections.net/wiki/List_of_OS-tans

Xenix has no picture or Wiki description yet, although i did talk about her at length in this post (the text in bold:

http://ostan-collections.net/post-16340.html#16340

Thurosis

Ah see -.- ...

It's a little bit disappointing to know that there we (two) are the only ones....
however as I said from the beginning I will help so far i can in this mirco-OVA-project.

So... we start in april.. it's okay so can i train my drawing skills (to improve from my own style to anime-cels-style a little bit)

btw thanks for the links (Information)

but C-chan do you have/created pics from PC-DOS & MS-DOS where they arn't "chibis"?

Or are we going to make the Mirco-OVA with/in "chibi"-style?