Is it me or is Microsoft Making Windows worse with each new release.

Started by Nanami Madobe Fan, November 27, 2023, 09:28:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanami Madobe Fan

Is it me or does it seem that Microsoft is making our favorite Operating System (Windows) worse with each new release that comes after post Windows 7.

I've been at debate with myself because of recent updates to Windows and many people have been complaining about Microsoft and their OS in recent years and Linux is getting more and more popular as for me I'm still on Windows 10 I can't stand Windows 11 I can tolerate Windows 8 and 8.1 and I love Windows Vista I think it should be given another chance people just said "I HATE IT THAT BS OS NEEDS TO DIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" I'm not like those people I've never despised a particular or one version of Windows so much before to the point that its starting to make me wanna switch OSes Windows 10 although Blane and is bloated was fine until 2021 when they decided to release the first ever version of Windows that I would despise now I said I like Windows Vista I thought it was a fine OS but not Windows 11 there is seemly too much I hate about that OS I tried it when a friend gave me their computer this was back when they still used Windows they too got tried and switched to Mac OS by buying an new M1 Macbook Air a year later while I decided to try out Linux cause its good I'm trying out other Distros in my Virtual Machine once I'm able to get a new computer I will be able to use Linux on baremetal but yeah I can't stand Windows 11.

Okay this is going to b a really long rant that will also potentially involve an next-gen release of Windows delves into why I like older versions of why I liked Windows in the first place and what the potential future of Windows could possibly be and what I might decide to use as my next daily driver.

I will start listing off why I despise Windows 11 so much.
  • Okay first one, I don't like the UI it looks too much like Windows 10 but in a bad way that just got way worse it made the icons look worse and it still looks ugly and is using F***ing Minimalism Design Language I've layed out images down below.
  • UWP still exist and it is increasingly getting worse as they are trying to kill the superior Win32 API recent examples are Notepad, Paint, and now File Explorer of all things. UWP is not only slow but its straight up garbage and its unpopular its only on Microsoft based Operating Systems such as Windows and Xbox they don't have an ecosystem like Google or Apple so I don't even know why they are trying also UWP just looks bad and user straight up despise this piece of sh!t and developers don't see it as popular enough option because it doesn't benefit them and they see the users aren't going to like it or use it so why bother with it.
  • Coming hot off the heels of UWP we have to talk about those garbage context menus in Windows 11 they made a worse one and on top of that its UWP "NO BODY ASKED FOR THIS MICROSOFT WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?" so people always have to go to the registry or use a tweak tool like Winaero Tweaker just to put it back to the one found in Windows 10 and previous versions of Windows IT'S not even USEFUL that piece of garbage.
  • The Taskbar oh good where do I even go with this thing why just why did they have to make a new Taskbar? Cause its not only bigger than the previous versions of Windows Taskbars i.e. 10 and below but its more useless before the 22H2 Update if you where to right-click your taskbar you would get 1 option "Taskbar Settings" that was so stupid what where they thinking and puting the god damn crap in the center like this is Mac OS or Chrome OS or a Linux Distro I hate it so much this feels less like a Windows Operating System and more like the others I mentioned they did it on purpose until recently you cannot access Task Manager SERIOUSLY that is so garbge why bother making a new Taskbar that I can't even resize.
  • Windows is getting more bloated TikTok WTF why do I need that preinstalled that is not a f***ing necessity even though I'm part of the generation that would normally use that app god is there anyone part of my generation that is good or are they all dumb and use stupid slangs and goof off and waste people's time. Windows is getting more bloated and you can't even remove stuff normally you gotta get deep into the just to get rid of sh!t you don't want on your system *cough* *cough* looking at you Edge. You have to even use Special Uninstall tools hell even they aern't enough to fully remove it to keep it from coming back so you gotta live boot a Linux Distro or a Windows PE Environment find the sh!t and get rid of them that way that is so Evil Microsoft.
  • The push towards "The Cloud and AI" oh god where do I start with this one Copilot I despise it with a passion I'm not using that crap but looks like they wanna bring it to Windows 10 cause they are assh*les yepie me and other Windows 10 users are certainly going to enjoy that not really this is why I'm looking forward to getting my new PC so I can install Linux on it.
  • Which brings me to next reasoning to hate Windows 11 and all modern versions of Windows and to even hate Windows 12 before it gets released Satya Nadella said it himself that he wants to replace the Start Button with AI like WTF man it just pisses me off the more I think about it I'm going to leave this article here https://www.pcworld.com/article/2115354/nadella-copilot-is-the-new-windows-start-button.html I will also leave videos yeah Microsoft is so out-of-touch with their users man its not even funny at this point the CEO is making Windows worse F him I'm moving my butt to Linux.
  • Forcing Microsoft accounts on people to the point where you would have to be Tech Savvy enough to hit Shift + F10 to open cmd and start typing the right commands and what is even worse is that it requires to have internet connection bs totally.
  • Its not very customizable as I already stated I don't like the Default look and theming of the OS Linux has alot of options to customize lots of Desktop Environments and even those same Desktop Environments can be themed unlike Microsoft's Proprietary Windows Shell I just don't get it why don't they want us to customize do they hate customization or something?
  • Forced Updates that can break your system man where do I go with this oh yes Windows 10 October 2018 update deletes user's personal files yepie not fun.
  • Becoming too AI Focused.

May I need to suggest more there you go.

An Image of the Caption Boxes on Titlebar close/resize/minimize it still looks ugly as jack sh!t they are still monochrome even 10 years later and I despise it even a 5 year-old could make this UI on paper and draw those 3 stupid icons that are monochrome its lazy design and over used:titlebar-overview.png

Now compare it to this it looks prettier and looks like it was not designed by a 5-year old Microsoft needs to use this type of design well not this exact one but they could somehow refresh it without F***ing it up that would be nice:
Aero_Example.png

Or even this looks so much better than the garbage ass current design I'm I suppose to take a lazily designed garbage ass UI such as Windows 10 and 11 seriously they strip down way too much even Window boarders which Microsoft is copying other OSes:
proxy-image.png

I really like this design the most and wish it was Windows 8/10's Default Desktop Theme:
Square Aero.png

These 2 videos have explain what Microsoft wants to do with their Out-Of-Touch Next Gen OS.

The Future of Windows
Okay now for the future of Windows we have some hints from Mr. Satya Nadella himself that he likes the "The Cloud" and "AI" I'm not a fan of those things besides Windows 11 just screams "The Cloud" with recent updates to Windows 11 it is getting harder to have full on control of your PC Windows 11 a while back ago even made non-Home editions make users create Microsoft accounts as I stated earlier its just not right.

As I feel this is only going to continue to get worse as time goes on I'm just so unhappy with the current state of Windows the plan is to get everybody's local copy of Windows off of their devices and replaced with the F***ing cloud based copies they want to start imposing some subscription fees just to use our own devices I just hate the concept of that idea and think its stupid seriously this only frustrates users more.

The Future of Windows is going to be way different just except more data collection and oh yes they might make you use the OS by using your voice that is lame, dumb, and stupid we all know why they want to do that is because they can harvest our data the future of Windows is looking dark if you want more context look at the video down below.

If I'm not going to use Windows as my daily driver anymore that what would I move to?
Linux over the course of the last few months and some parts of last year I took the time to explore some Linux Distros that I would like to use and I came upon some things I would use:
  • Ubuntu
  • Fedora (KDE)
  • KDE Neon
  • Nobora Linux

The list will change or grow as time goes on but I feel this will help me find other options other than Windows.

Also take a look at this video about the corrupted practices of Microsoft with Satya Nadella in Power he thinks more about the investors over his own users F**k him man.

Nanami Madobe Fan

So what are you thoughts @Hālian I would really like to know I began taking interested in Linux after the disaster that was Windows 11. I'm going to choose a Distro that has KDE Plasma on it or I might go straight for Ubuntu.

Goujer (she/her)

The OSC server and my other server things are all ran on Linux Mint.
The OS slaps, I love it and could totally use it on the daily if it comes to it.

Nanami Madobe Fan

Quote from: Goujer on November 28, 2023, 10:27:53 PMThe OSC server and my other server things are all ran on Linux Mint.
The OS slaps, I love it and could totally use it on the daily if it comes to it.

Huh neat I though this site ran Ubuntu Server. I did hear great things about Linux Mint I might likely use the Cinnamon version of it so I might end up adding that to the list I never given Manjaro a try is it anyone good for Desktops but I'm not too much of a fan of Arch Based Distros feature updates every week nah I want something more Stable hey are you going to try out KDE 6 when it comes out?

Linux Mint is currently being experimented with I feel Zorin OS is becoming too outdated because its based on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and not 22.04 LTS let's hope they finally release Zorin OS 17 in 2024 they should make it based on Ubuntu 24.04 LTS since 22.04 would be 2 years old and 20.04 would be 4 years old and would only get support till 2025. I even liked Ubuntu MATE 22.04 LTS and Ubuntu Unity 22.04 LTS they look really cool.

I didn't know Linux Mint could be used as a Server OS that is kinda cool I might look into using Linux Mint to replace Windows with.

Goujer (she/her)

Quote from: Nanami Madobe Fan on November 29, 2023, 12:48:17 AMHuh neat I though this site ran Ubuntu Server. I did hear great things about Linux Mint I might likely use the Cinnamon version of it so I might end up adding that to the list I never given Manjaro a try is it anyone good for Desktops but I'm not too much of a fan of Arch Based Distros feature updates every week nah I want something more Stable hey are you going to try out KDE 6 when it comes out?

Linux Mint is currently being experimented with I feel Zorin OS is becoming too outdated because its based on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and not 22.04 LTS let's hope they finally release Zorin OS 17 in 2024 they should make it based on Ubuntu 24.04 LTS since 22.04 would be 2 years old and 20.04 would be 4 years old and would only get support till 2025. I even liked Ubuntu MATE 22.04 LTS and Ubuntu Unity 22.04 LTS they look really cool.

I didn't know Linux Mint could be used as a Server OS that is kinda cool I might look into using Linux Mint to replace Windows with.

If Mint makes the default UI KDE 6 I'll go for it, but honestly I just want something that works and stays working, not too big on experimenting, especially on a server computer.

Any OS can be a server if you want.
Most people prefer their servers as little resources a possible being used by the OS itself so people go with very minimalist operating systems.
I chose Mint over Ubuntu proper because I enjoyed it's out of the box setup. And I wanted something more stable and slow to update that Ubuntu.
I've had issues with Ubuntu's stability in the past.

Nanami Madobe Fan

Quote from: Goujer on November 29, 2023, 06:57:14 AMIf Mint makes the default UI KDE 6 I'll go for it, but honestly I just want something that works and stays working, not too big on experimenting, especially on a server computer.

Any OS can be a server if you want.
Most people prefer their servers as little resources a possible being used by the OS itself so people go with very minimalist operating systems.
I chose Mint over Ubuntu proper because I enjoyed it's out of the box setup. And I wanted something more stable and slow to update that Ubuntu.
I've had issues with Ubuntu's stability in the past.

Yeah I used regular Ubuntu before I sometimes wouldn't pick it as my first choice maybe if this was the 2000's or 2010's it also used to have Gnome 2 and Unity DE back then but Ubuntu has alot of bugs in it the recent 23.10 had slurs in the installer and there was a bug if you doubled clicked nothing would happen Canonical doesn't care anymore or they do the Linux Experiment on Youtube says Canonical is doing a good job with the recent versions of Ubuntu but I felt like its kinda been the same since 2022 though some new features would be nice and snaps are only good on the server don't know why they have to fight with us... about it.

Linux Mint is really good I wish they added KDE Plasma.

Edit: I made a mistake if you tried to double-click on a .deb file it would fail.

Hālian He/him

First, and most generally, punctuation is your friend.

Quote from: Nanami Madobe Fan on November 27, 2023, 09:28:07 PMIs it me or does it seem that Microsoft is making our favorite Operating System (Windows) worse with each new release that comes after post Windows 7.
It's not just you; I too think that Windows has backslid considerably since 7.

Quote from: Nanami Madobe Fan on November 27, 2023, 09:28:07 PMI've been at debate with myself because of recent updates to Windows and many people have been complaining about Microsoft and their OS in recent years and Linux is getting more and more popular as for me I'm still on Windows 10 I can't stand Windows 11 I can tolerate Windows 8 and 8.1 and I love Windows Vista I think it should be given another chance people just said "I HATE IT THAT BS OS NEEDS TO DIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" I'm not like those people I've never despised a particular or one version of Windows so much before to the point that its starting to make me wanna switch OSes Windows 10 although Blane and is bloated was fine until 2021 when they decided to release the first ever version of Windows that I would despise now I said I like Windows Vista I thought it was a fine OS but not Windows 11 there is seemly too much I hate about that OS I tried it when a friend gave me their computer this was back when they still used Windows they too got tried and switched to Mac OS by buying an new M1 Macbook Air a year later while I decided to try out Linux cause its good I'm trying out other Distros in my Virtual Machine once I'm able to get a new computer I will be able to use Linux on baremetal but yeah I can't stand Windows 11.
Windows Vista got better with SP1. I prefer its aesthetic to 7, but think 7 runs better still.

Quote from: Nanami Madobe Fan on November 27, 2023, 09:28:07 PM
  • Okay first one, I don't like the UI it looks too much like Windows 10 but in a bad way that just got way worse it made the icons look worse and it still looks ugly and is using F***ing Minimalism Design Language I've layed out images down below.
Agreed.

• UWP still exist and it is increasingly getting worse as they are trying to kill the superior Win32 API recent examples are Notepad, Paint, and now File Explorer of all things. UWP is not only slow but its straight up garbage and its unpopular its only on Microsoft based Operating Systems such as Windows and Xbox they don't have an ecosystem like Google or Apple so I don't even know why they are trying also UWP just looks bad and user straight up despise this piece of sh!t and developers don't see it as popular enough option because it doesn't benefit them and they see the users aren't going to like it or use it so why bother with it.
I don't mind UWP so much, but do think it's a bit slow and wasteful of space. :/ Give me back a proper 2k-style classic UI.

• Coming hot off the heels of UWP we have to talk about those garbage context menus in Windows 11 they made a worse one and on top of that its UWP "NO BODY ASKED FOR THIS MICROSOFT WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?" so people always have to go to the registry or use a tweak tool like Winaero Tweaker just to put it back to the one found in Windows 10 and previous versions of Windows IT'S not even USEFUL that piece of garbage.
Agreed.

• The Taskbar oh good where do I even go with this thing why just why did they have to make a new Taskbar? Cause its not only bigger than the previous versions of Windows Taskbars i.e. 10 and below but its more useless before the 22H2 Update if you where to right-click your taskbar you would get 1 option "Taskbar Settings" that was so stupid what where they thinking and puting the god damn crap in the center like this is Mac OS or Chrome OS or a Linux Distro I hate it so much this feels less like a Windows Operating System and more like the others I mentioned they did it on purpose until recently you cannot access Task Manager SERIOUSLY that is so garbge why bother making a new Taskbar that I can't even resize.
Agreed. To access Task Manager, hit Ctrl-Shift-Esc.

• Windows is getting more bloated TikTok WTF why do I need that preinstalled that is not a f***ing necessity even though I'm part of the generation that would normally use that app god is there anyone part of my generation that is good or are they all dumb and use stupid slangs and goof off and waste people's time. Windows is getting more bloated and you can't even remove stuff normally you gotta get deep into the just to get rid of sh!t you don't want on your system *cough* *cough* looking at you Edge. You have to even use Special Uninstall tools hell even they aern't enough to fully remove it to keep it from coming back so you gotta live boot a Linux Distro or a Windows PE Environment find the sh!t and get rid of them that way that is so Evil Microsoft.
Fuck bloatware. Don't tar people with too broad a brush, though.

• The push towards "The Cloud and AI" oh god where do I start with this one Copilot I despise it with a passion I'm not using that crap but looks like they wanna bring it to Windows 10 cause they are assh*les yepie me and other Windows 10 users are certainly going to enjoy that not really this is why I'm looking forward to getting my new PC so I can install Linux on it.
I haven't tried Copilot yet, so can't pass judgment.

• Which brings me to next reasoning to hate Windows 11 and all modern versions of Windows and to even hate Windows 12 before it gets released Satya Nadella said it himself that he wants to replace the Start Button with AI like WTF man it just pisses me off the more I think about it I'm going to leave this article here https://www.pcworld.com/article/2115354/nadella-copilot-is-the-new-windows-start-button.html I will also leave videos yeah Microsoft is so out-of-touch with their users man its not even funny at this point the CEO is making Windows worse F him I'm moving my butt to Linux.
You would have loved Steve Ballmer. /s

• Forcing Microsoft accounts on people to the point where you would have to be Tech Savvy enough to hit Shift + F10 to open cmd and start typing the right commands and what is even worse is that it requires to have internet connection bs totally.
You can also install Windows without an Internet connection to get to the same end.

• Its not very customizable as I already stated I don't like the Default look and theming of the OS Linux has alot of options to customize lots of Desktop Environments and even those same Desktop Environments can be themed unlike Microsoft's Proprietary Windows Shell I just don't get it why don't they want us to customize do they hate customization or something?
Agreed.

• Forced Updates that can break your system man where do I go with this oh yes Windows 10 October 2018 update deletes user's personal files yepie not fun.
Forced updates are nothing new, but usually they aren't this destructive.

• Becoming too AI Focused.
See my comment about Copilot.

Quote from: Nanami Madobe Fan on November 27, 2023, 09:28:07 PMAn Image of the Caption Boxes on Titlebar close/resize/minimize it still looks ugly as jack sh!t they are still monochrome even 10 years later and I despise it even a 5 year-old could make this UI on paper and draw those 3 stupid icons that are monochrome its lazy design and over used: (snip)

Now compare it to this it looks prettier and looks like it was not designed by a 5-year old Microsoft needs to use this type of design well not this exact one but they could somehow refresh it without F***ing it up that would be nice: (snip)

Or even this looks so much better than the garbage ass current design I'm I suppose to take a lazily designed garbage ass UI such as Windows 10 and 11 seriously they strip down way too much even Window boarders which Microsoft is copying other OSes: (snip)

I really like this design the most and wish it was Windows 8/10's Default Desktop Theme: (snip)
I'm no fan of the direction the Windows UI has taken. Myself, I prefer the UIs of 2000, Vista, 7, and XP, in that order.

Quote from: Nanami Madobe Fan on November 27, 2023, 09:28:07 PMThese 2 videos have explain what Microsoft wants to do with their Out-Of-Touch Next Gen OS. (snip)(snip)
*vom*

The Future of Windows
Okay now for the future of Windows we have some hints from Mr. Satya Nadella himself that he likes the "The Cloud" and "AI" I'm not a fan of those things besides Windows 11 just screams "The Cloud" with recent updates to Windows 11 it is getting harder to have full on control of your PC Windows 11 a while back ago even made non-Home editions make users create Microsoft accounts as I stated earlier its just not right.

As I feel this is only going to continue to get worse as time goes on I'm just so unhappy with the current state of Windows the plan is to get everybody's local copy of Windows off of their devices and replaced with the F***ing cloud based copies they want to start imposing some subscription fees just to use our own devices I just hate the concept of that idea and think its stupid seriously this only frustrates users more.

The Future of Windows is going to be way different just except more data collection and oh yes they might make you use the OS by using your voice that is lame, dumb, and stupid we all know why they want to do that is because they can harvest our data the future of Windows is looking dark if you want more context look at the video down below. (snip)
The cloud is just someone else's computer~

If I'm not going to use Windows as my daily driver anymore that what would I move to?
Linux over the course of the last few months and some parts of last year I took the time to explore some Linux Distros that I would like to use and I came upon some things I would use:
  • Ubuntu
  • Fedora (KDE)
  • KDE Neon
  • Nobora Linux

The list will change or grow as time goes on but I feel this will help me find other options other than Windows.
I personally use Arch (btw), or rather a gaming-focused, easier-to-install derivative of it called Garuda. I like it because it's easy to install things that aren't in the main repository, since the vast majority of them are in the Arch User Repository (AUR), and Garuda comes preïnstalled with a tool called paru that can install packages from the AUR.

Quote from: Nanami Madobe Fan on November 27, 2023, 09:28:07 PMAlso take a look at this video about the corrupted practices of Microsoft with Satya Nadella in Power he thinks more about the investors over his own users F**k him man. (snip)
Sadly, that's legally required of a publicly-traded company. Fuck publicly-traded companies.

Quote from: Nanami Madobe Fan on November 28, 2023, 10:19:27 AMSo what are you thoughts @Hālian I would really like to know I began taking interested in Linux after the disaster that was Windows 11. I'm going to choose a Distro that has KDE Plasma on it or I might go straight for Ubuntu.
You didn't need to ping me directly.

Quote from: Nanami Madobe Fan on November 29, 2023, 12:48:17 AMHuh neat I though this site ran Ubuntu Server. I did hear great things about Linux Mint I might likely use the Cinnamon version of it so I might end up adding that to the list I never given Manjaro a try is it anyone good for Desktops but I'm not too much of a fan of Arch Based Distros feature updates every week nah I want something more Stable hey are you going to try out KDE 6 when it comes out?
I think Manjaro, and Arch-based distros in general, are nice. I haven't had any issues with Arch updates breaking my system, and plan to give KDE 6 a try when it comes out.

Quote from: Nanami Madobe Fan on November 29, 2023, 12:48:17 AMLinux Mint is currently being experimented with I feel Zorin OS is becoming too outdated because its based on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and not 22.04 LTS let's hope they finally release Zorin OS 17 in 2024 they should make it based on Ubuntu 24.04 LTS since 22.04 would be 2 years old and 20.04 would be 4 years old and would only get support till 2025. I even liked Ubuntu MATE 22.04 LTS and Ubuntu Unity 22.04 LTS they look really cool.
I regret that I haven't tried Zorin, though am predisposed against Ubuntu-based distros since they seem a bit too restrictive and generally use GNOME 3 (*vom*). Also, I miss Unity. :(

Quote from: Nanami Madobe Fan on November 29, 2023, 12:48:17 AMI didn't know Linux Mint could be used as a Server OS that is kinda cool I might look into using Linux Mint to replace Windows with.
Go for it! :D The beauty of Linux is that you can experiment to your heart's content.

Quote from: Nanami Madobe Fan on November 29, 2023, 09:51:11 AMYeah I used regular Ubuntu before I sometimes wouldn't pick it as my first choice maybe if this was the 2000's or 2010's it also used to have Gnome 2 and Unity DE back then but Ubuntu has alot of bugs in it the recent 23.10 had slurs in the installer...
Wait what

Quote from: Nanami Madobe Fan on November 29, 2023, 09:51:11 AM...Canonical doesn't care anymore or they do the Linux Experiment on Youtube says Canonical is doing a good job with the recent versions of Ubuntu but I felt like its kinda been the same since 2022 though some new features would be nice and snaps are only good on the server don't know why they have to fight with us... about it.
I don't think they're doing a good job.

Quote from: Nanami Madobe Fan on November 29, 2023, 09:51:11 AMLinux Mint is really good I wish they added KDE Plasma.
It's probably not difficult to install.

Nanami Madobe Fan

Thanks I don't really know how to do proper grammar when I have long rants.

Windows 8 I feel was the one to mess things up though I would take its Desktop UI any day of the week over Windows 10/11's Lazy and Fucking Despise Minimalistic UI its lazy.

Yeah I really do like both Windows Vista and Windows 7 they where my favorite OS along with Windows XP and Windows 2000.

I want Frutiger Aero aesthetic Fuck Minimalistim.

Did you know they made Task Manager into a UWP app in Windows 11 22H2 update that was something I forgot to mention they still eat more ram and are garbage I also hate the aesthetics Win UI 3 yeah I think Y2k aesthetics should come back.

Yeah Modern Windows is bloated and garbage.

Yeah I don't wanna go anywhere near that thing Copilot sucks.

I miss Steve Ballmer being the CEO of Microsoft.  :'(  Ballmer was better then Nadella.

Ballmer.jpg

Yeah true hold Shift + F10 bypass OOBE.

I still hate Forced Updates.

I wish we could install Gnome 4X, KDE Plasma, Unity, MATE, and Cosmic on Windows 10 and 11. Like wouldn't it be so cool if we could do that Windows would be infinitely better than it is today in the current day. Like why is Microsoft so against that they say the love Open Source why not let users have freedom to tinker with the UI to come up with an idea to see what they like instead of forcing your UI agenda of laziness and ugliness and in imprisonment of UI and creativity Microsoft.

I would rank the Windows UI like this as the Best:
1. Windows Vista
2. Windows 7
3. Windows XP
4. Windows 2000
5. Windows 8.1 (Desktop UI only)

Dishonorable Mention/Ranking of the worst:
1. Windows 11 (Very Ugly and I Despise it with a passion!)
2. Windows 1.0 (Not User Friendly)
3. Windows 2.0 (Not User Friendly)
4. Windows 8 (Cause its weird it has no start button but not worse than having it in the fucking center stop copying Mac OS Microsoft!)
5. Windows 10 (Not Creative and very plain)

Yeah that is what I see it as why do they even call it the cloud when its someone else's server that is not private.

Okay I normally stable for more stable Distros but I think I might try Manjaro one day.

Well I think its stupid that they have to do that and really sad at the same time they should have stayed a private company.

Yeah Zorin OS is still based on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS with the Linux Kernel version 5.15 they should have released Zorin OS 17 and made it based on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS but sadly we can't have nice things. :'(

Cool unlike Windows and Mac OS which feels very rigid.

Yeah they had to pull it down from being download for a while.

Nice to know I want Wayland on Mint.