Main Menu

Favorite TV Shows

Started by Nichi, May 29, 2011, 08:46:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

they started sporadically playing Flapjack episodes in the mornings but idk if they still do, they varied in time so i never got a consistent read. perhaps they were just intended for filler. but Chowder, Chowder remains a mystery to me. it was more popular than Flapjack from what i can tell, but i didn't even know it HAD an ending. was there even a finale?
click to make it bigger

Nichi

No telling on Chowder.

On a semi-related note, for roughly a month or so back in '08, Nickelodeon was airing old episodes of Legends of the Hidden Temple in early morning; sparking a rumor that they were probing for interest in a revived edition, but it seems they only did that because they needed filler (Still, interesting they pick that over, say, adding an extra episode of Spongebob each day).

My mom used to watch Unsolved Mysteries a lot when I was a kid, so it's rather nostalgic for me. However, I don't like the modern version of it, with the new intro; in my opinion,
the cheesy late '80s intro is part of what gave it a strange charm (Also, dat music).

Also, on the subject of shows I like that are rarely shown anymore (Just to name a few; a majority of what I like has basically disappeared from television, and I rarely get to try anything new if it comes on when mom's watching something, so...):

- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (I watched the first half of season 1 and enjoyed it...but nobody airs it anymore, so IDK how to go about finishing it short of tracking down DVDs)
- Eureka (I stopped watching it around the time I was studying for the GED, then the show had its finale a few months later...and now it's almost never on, and when it is, it's an episode I've already seen)
- Monty Python's Flying Circus (Glad I have the rips I made of my sister's DVD box set; last time I saw it broadcast was circa '09 on IFC, and before that was April Fool's Day '06 on BBC America)
- Doctor Who, pre-2006 (When I see it on, it's always either a recent Matt Smith episode or a fan favorite David Tennant episode; everything Christopher Eccelson comes on maybe once every few months, while everything Sylvester McCoy on back never airs at all unless it ties into some documentary :\ )
- Are You Afraid of the Dark (This show almost never airs anymore, except occasionally around Halloween, and even then, it might be shown one year but not the next)
- The Sarah Jane Adventures (I only ever saw this aired once; in a random early morning marathon on Syfy. It was quite popular in the UK, but here it was barely a blip on the radar; being overshadowed by Torchwood as far as Doctor Who spin-offs go)

Chocofreak13

that intro seems familiar, but i think most of what me and my sister watched was the later episodes. :0

also, another one i forgot: My Life as a Teenage Robot. they started airing the "lost" episodes on Nicktoons a few years ago and i watched it religiously, but they slowly phased it out in favour of stupid cartoons (read: Tuff Puppy), live-action shows or old revivals (Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh, etc etc). :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I remember watching an episode of that show once. All I remember was this villainous wind-up robot toy that, personality wise, seemed like Zim xD

Also, of all the original shows Nicktoons Network has had, I admit I had a soft spot for Three Delivery. A shame it was cancelled after one season; as it's as close as we'll ever get to a Ninja Burger animated series :\

Chocofreak13

HOMIGAWD THREE DELIVERY
THAT SHOW KICKED ASSSSSS

(i only saw like, 2 episodes though. but it was funnnn. -w- )
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I only caught a handful of episodes, but I liked it -w-

On a different note...

I am so ready for the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary

stewartsage

Quote from: PentStar Trek: Deep Space Nine (I watched the first half of season 1 and enjoyed it...but nobody airs it anymore, so IDK how to go about finishing it short of tracking down DVDs)

If you have the room, I've got like fifty old low quality home recorded DVDs with the entire series plus season 1 and 2 of TOS.

I must've watched the same Sarah Jane Adventures marathon you did Pent.

Nichi

I might take you up on that -w-

Chocofreak13

do eet. :0

i'm so nervous about what i'm gonna do about the doc who anniversary special ;^;
i mean, it starts at 1pm, right?
i'ma have to borrow mum's car so i can drive home and watch it ;^;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

stewartsage

VHS, not DVD, my bad.

I also no longer have BBC America so I can't watch the Doctor Whoms.

Nichi

Find a livestream online somewhere? I think BBC is supposed to have an official one, and if not (Or it's only in the UK), I'm sure a fan will have a bootleg stream

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Nichi

ATTENTION: Those who don't have access to either BBC America or BBC One
I come bearing info on fan-made livestreams of the 50th anniversary episode

Info and further links courtesy of Linkara's Tumblr

Chocofreak13

a great resource! i''m at my sister's watching and feeling guilty about it since alex isn't caught up at all. ;^;
click to make it bigger