Main Menu

Antiviruses...

Started by bombermania, February 18, 2010, 06:18:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bombermania

I forget to say this: Choco,Can I use the characters in my comics?(I'll use AVG and Avira)
Just wanna sure I don't get troubled with copyright issue :D
Quote"OS Tan Collection reminds you that your OS will never threaten to stab you(Unless somebody programmed it to do it) and, in fact, cannot speak(Unless somebody programmed it to do it, too). In the event that your OS does speak, OS Tan Collection urges you to disregard its advice(Unless it suggest you only good thing)."

Chocofreak13

xD so much praise! thanks everyone!

and bomber, sure, you can, so long as you give me credit where credit is due. ^_~*  (just a blurb at the end or something. xD )

hmm, avg as vista's personal doctor? well, idk if that's entirely supportable. this vista i'm using (*rolls eyes*) came with trend micro (the acursed thing).
click to make it bigger

VonDaab

Great to see that this thread is getting content.
I assume Comodo Antivir/Internet security would belong here too? It's what I'm using at moment.

And what about Ad-Aware? It seems to be using an Avira engine for antivirus scanning.
Some of the developers of that software were back in the days C64 and Amiga people, so could add some detail in the -tan personality.

Chocofreak13

just send me a wiki link and i'll whip up a -tan for ya. :3

also, has anyone heard of scottie spyware? i tried to find a wiki but i couldn't :\
click to make it bigger

VonDaab

I've never heard of Scottie. But what my quick research discovered, is that theres a software called WinPatrol, and it has a scottish terrier called Scotty as their mascot.

Here's the ones I mentioned.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comodo_Internet_Security
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_aware

I've planned to attempt drafting a sketch of Comodo-tan, maybe.

Chocofreak13

there we go! ya need any help or do you got it covered?
click to make it bigger

IanDanKilmaster

When I'm helping someone with a Windows computer, I usually install Comodo Firewall if they don't already have one (aside from Windows Firewall).

From my experience with their firewall, I can say Comodo makes really excellent security software... and it's FREE!

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is an up-and-coming anti-spyware that does a really good job dealing specifically with "rogue anti-spyware" (there some interesting design element that, don't ya tink? ;) ).  I would say it's really close to surpassing Lavasoft Ad-Aware and Spybot - Search & Destroy in terms of effective and free anti-malware.

If you'd like more specific info to aid in the design, I'd offer what I can. ^^b

The Choice of a New Generation.

VonDaab

Choco: Oh, dont worry, I think I have it covered.

Here's a draft of Comodo Internet Security/Antivirus/Firewall.

Some details about her:
-She's a complete package with both firewall and antivirus, plus some other smaller features
-She asks WAY TOO MANY TIMES about things and if they have the permission to do whatever they are supposed to do. So yeah, bit of a nitpicker.
-Wikipedia claims that she's bit on the slow side when noticing virus threats.

Color scheme is Blue, Green and White. Also her hair is like a flame accompanied by a shield hairclip, like in the firewall icon.

IanDanKilmaster

Quote from: "VonDaab"-She asks WAY TOO MANY TIMES about things and if they have the permission to do whatever they are supposed to do. So yeah, bit of a nitpicker.

That is just so right XD.

I love your design, VonDaab... totally wasn't the direction I was expecting, though.

Dude, you're fast.

VonDaab

Wasnt the direction?
What were you expecting then?

IanDanKilmaster

For some reason, I was thinking more futuristic.

Keep in mind, that's what I was expecting, not necessarily what works best.

I happen to like this more contemporary design ^^b.

bombermania

Done the comic...
Gonna scan it on nearest internet cafe and upload it Saturday...
I'll post it to the gallery(and once again, BIG file... -_- )
Quote"OS Tan Collection reminds you that your OS will never threaten to stab you(Unless somebody programmed it to do it) and, in fact, cannot speak(Unless somebody programmed it to do it, too). In the event that your OS does speak, OS Tan Collection urges you to disregard its advice(Unless it suggest you only good thing)."

Chocofreak13

i like the comodore design. she sounds like such a nice setup, once i get my computer running, maybe i'll turn to her! ^^

Quote from: "VonDaab"
-She asks WAY TOO MANY TIMES about things and if they have the permission to do whatever they are supposed to do. So yeah, bit of a nitpicker.
-Wikipedia claims that she's bit on the slow side when noticing virus threats.
oh yeah, and i loled. ^^
click to make it bigger

Nuker

...Interesting. I might try to draw an AVG-tan and/or an Ad-aware tan, since I use them both.

By the way, no -tan yet for Ms Security Essentials? I heard that it's a fairly decent antivirus.

(Yes people, I'm alive. Just pretty busy right now.)

Chocofreak13

oh wow, it's a nuker! xD

anyway, did everyone agree on the -tan designs or are we gonna have another-tan fight? xD
post a wiki link and MS Security Essentials (or maybe MEssentials-tan) will be created. :3

lawl, did i just find another ME clone? xD
click to make it bigger