so would someone do me a favor? (NEW FAV-OAR)

Started by Chocofreak13, March 31, 2009, 05:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

i want 2 flashes from 4chan for my ipod. sadly, they're not on youtube. i can't get them (i've tried, to no avail....i have the files....sort of? )

at any rate, i was wondering if some kind soul would help me? this is really frusterating. :[

http://www.4chan.org/flash/
NCH's "sage man game"
Xenon's "Adventure Quest: The Movie"

if i'm overstepping boundaries again, please be nice about yelling at me....

EDIT: i want the hatsune miku desktop mate but it won't dl. ;_;
http://f.hatena.ne.jp/kawatan/20080422015235
and any other mates available for dl?

ah-nd, i got alky sidebar the other day (forced to wipe harddrive, so i'm gonna re-download) and i couldn't get it to work with the gadgets from animetheme.com .
suggestions?
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Soundtrack to AQ the movie? COME AGAIN? >_>

The Okkusenman remix used in sage man is pretty coal though. Can't find it though...
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

NEJIN I LUFF YOUS! I'VE BEEN TRYING TO FIND THAT SONG FOR YEARS!

oh, but the point of this thread was to get the actual vids. like, MPEG-4 format. for the ipod, y'know?
click to make it bigger

Red-Machine

I could download the movies in swf format, but I probably wouldn't be able to convert them, sorry...
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

IanDanKilmaster

Hmmm... I think I can help, but first I need to know a few things.

First, what model of iPod are you using?  Otherwise you can simply tell me what resolution, frame rate, bit rate, and codec (MP4 is only the container, the video would be H.263/H.264 or Xvid) for video and bit rate and codec for audio your iPod is capable of handling.  Second, would you also like .mp3s of these flashes, because I should be able to arrange for that as well?  Third, would you like to be able to do this for yourself?  I don't mind doing things like this, but the software I'm using is very simple to use if you prefer self-sufficiency.  Lastly, do you like bacon?  I do very much, but it's so incredibly unhealthy...

The Choice of a New Generation.

Chocofreak13

IN REVERSE ORDER:
MMMMAAAUGH BACONNNN OMNOMNOMNOMNOM :9~~~

ehhhh, could you do it? not to be lazy, but i'm not TOO good at this, and i already screwed it up once.

i'd love mp3s of them. thankyou so much. ^__^

i'm using the current gen. of a nano (4th gen i believe?) please no fancy terms my brain hurts enough from finals and such yesterday and the fact that i got to dissect my computer (it was fun) yet it still doesn't connect to the net ;__;

ian, THANKYOU. i owe you so bad. thankyou so much!!!! ^__^ *hug*
click to make it bigger

IanDanKilmaster

Geh, disappointing news - I don't think I can do it.

It turns out that I'm not a flash guy, at least not a .swf guy.  I mean, I can handle just about every other video format thrown at me (not including RealMedia, man I haets those) even .flv flash (which turns out is simply a flash container for other video formats), but .swf files are kinda tricky.  Currently, as far as I understand, there exists no method to convert .swf files because there hasn't been an effective method developed to handle .swf files even close to that of Adobe.  So-called .swf converters (a simple google search will produce several pages of such shareware) are really just programs that capture the frames and output the result as your preferred format.  Such conversions also require pretty good video hardware since they rely on direct-rendering.  If all that shit was too technical for you, then donmai, just know that, AFAIK, true .swf conversion is currently not possible.  Anyway, you might want to consider using a desktop capturing program to try to record the flash playing on your desktop.  Also, if you happen to know anyone who has a Flash editing program, perhaps you could ask them if the program has an option to export as a different video format or something.

How'd you screw it up once?

Good news is I was able to extract the .mp3s straight from the .swfs.  Keep in mind, this means they sound exactly the way they do in the animation (as in, if I had the images, I could sync them with these .mp3s and make the same video).  How do I send these?  I don't see an entry for Audio under the allowed attachments, I guess I could make 'em an archive and then upload that as an attachment.  Whatever, the point is the .mp3 part I was actually capable of doing.  Anyway, I'm going to continue to try to knock this problem out, but in the meantime, feel free to search elsewhere for a solution... otherwise you may be waiting awhile...

Chocofreak13

well, thankyou for trying.
my email is babydoll5939@yahoo.com, send as attachment. :]

how i screwed up before is, (i don't remember exactly but here's the best rambling of it i got: ) i was following an online guide on how to get the files themselves (afterward i was going to convert them) so i went to my browser's "tools" menu, went to "internet options", went to the history's "settings" button, then clicked "view temporary files" and saved the files from there.
EDIT: how i screwed up from there was that i got the files, and they WERE .swf files, but no converter i tried accepted them as such. they had the .swf extention, but windows didn't know how to open them (or what to open them with), and no converter would accept them. so right now they just sit on my desktop. (i chose what to open them with, internet explorer. but i think this damaged the files ;__; ) they don't work, they can't be put here (it crashed part of the site O__O; ) they just take up space. i keep them in the hopes that i might be able to find SOMETHING to do with them.

Added after 1 hours:

hey hey hey.

ian, thankyou so uch for trying, and for the mp3s, i'd still like them if you don't mind.

i got them! mind you, there's an annoying little logo in the corner now, but it's a small price to pay.
thanx, and please send the mp3s!! <D
click to make it bigger

Smokey

aren't there freeware Shockwave flash editing programs?

And if it's a full re-rendering you need, :D, just give me a call, i'll give my 8500GTs the spurs and conv them for ya... i'll try to do it without the logo's...

But not today, too late, going to sleep... ^_^
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

IanDanKilmaster

Quote from: "Smokey"aren't there freeware Shockwave flash editing programs?

Don't I wish, but no, so far there are no such programs.  I'm using swftools, which is a set of CLI-based tools for generating flashes and extracting certain content from flashes (like the .mp3s I extracted).

QuoteAnd if it's a full re-rendering you need, , just give me a call, i'll give my 8500GTs the spurs and conv them for ya... i'll try to do it without the logo's...

Like I said, if you can capture a good recording (that is, with all or nearly all the frames intact) in a codec other than RealMedia, I can take the conversion from there (no logo/watermark guaranteed!).

Quote from: "Chocofreak13"well, thankyou for trying.
my email is somethingiprotectfromspammers@nospam.com, send as attachment. :]

Okay, I have your e-mail, but to prevent possible spamming I recommend you edit your post in a similar fashion.  Just helpful advice d^^.

Quotehow i screwed up before is, (i don't remember exactly but here's the best rambling of it i got: ) i was following an online guide on how to get the files themselves (afterward i was going to convert them) so i went to my browser's "tools" menu, went to "internet options", went to the history's "settings" button, then clicked "view temporary files" and saved the files from there.

Well, that is one way to do it, but a way I consider much less complicated is using the "View Page Source" option (wherever that is on IE, I haven't used it in forever, IDK).  That should open a separate window with the page's source code viewable, in this window use the find function (should still be CTRL+F if memory serves) and type in .swf to find where the file is located.  Copy the entire URL of the file and paste it into your location bar, then save the page (which should simply save the .swf you're viewing).  Viola, there you have it.  The instructions seem a little long, but the process itself seems a little cleaner to me.  This would be a little easier if you were using Opera or Firefox, I could then tailor the instructions since I'm much more familiar with those browsers.

QuoteEDIT: how i screwed up from there was that i got the files, and they WERE .swf files, but no converter i tried accepted them as such. they had the .swf extention, but windows didn't know how to open them (or what to open them with), and no converter would accept them. so right now they just sit on my desktop. (i chose what to open them with, internet explorer. but i think this damaged the files ;__; ) they don't work, they can't be put here (it crashed part of the site O__O; ) they just take up space. i keep them in the hopes that i might be able to find SOMETHING to do with them.

Hmmm, that shouldn't have messed up the files, though, sounds a little odd to me.  Doing it like that should've just used Adobe plug-in through IE, at least, that's the way it works on my computer (commonly Adobe through FF, sometimes Opera or Epiphany), of course, I'm a Linux, ya know.

Quotehey hey hey.

ian, thankyou so uch for trying, and for the mp3s, i'd still like them if you don't mind.

i got them! mind you, there's an annoying little logo in the corner now, but it's a small price to pay.
thanx, and please send the mp3s!! <D

Sending you the files isn't a problem (well, it might be if the connection tries to fuck me again) so I don't mind at all.  So what program did you use to convert, if you don't mind me asking?

Chocofreak13

some thing called moyea swf to ipod converter.
click to make it bigger

IanDanKilmaster

Oh, I heard about that program, I saw a lot of recommendations for it on the ubuntuforums - which is weird because you'd think someone would've complained about the whole watermark thing.  Anyway I'm glad it worked...

NejinOniwa

If it didn't you could've just converted it twice. -w-
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

it's ok about the watermark. small price to pay.

thanx for da mp3s btw. :3

i have a thinkgeek catalog from last year (if you don't know what thinkgeek is, it's AWESOME.) that has a set of ipod video goggles in it. i'd love a set (troubled windows in 3d!!!) but they're sooper expensive.
click to make it bigger

IanDanKilmaster

You're welcome.

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"If it didn't you could've just converted it twice. -w-

Wha?  What are you talking about?