OS Family Tree Theory

Started by Chocofreak13, March 13, 2009, 11:20:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokey

Why, why was he created?!
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

NejinOniwa

So...the Linuces are UNIX-sama's adoptive children.

Good riddance?
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

AAAAAHHHHH!!! O_____O;;; (penguin-thing)

if slackware was male he would look like my friend russel. xD

makes me wonder who linuxs' various biological parents are.
we know that FCL was product of sweden. :3
click to make it bigger

Smokey

Aw, Nejin! You perv! ^_^
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

Cockleshell

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile guys XD
Ew, linux-kun is creepy alright.. I wish they would make a human linux-kun D:
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Smokey

Yep, Linux-kun is one animal those animal-rights groups wouldn't mind being hunted... ^_^
Thanks Fedora-sama

Chocofreak13

but isn't he representing knoppix or GNU?

i need not state my slackware-kun point again. and fcl-kun would be like kernel sanders! xD
click to make it bigger

OS Freak

Awesome. Never saw a complete three of Windows. It's kinda missing CE, Server 2008, Home Server, OS2 Warp as well as minor variations to be mentioned like XP 64 bit, Tablet PC, Fundamentals for Legacy PC's and Neptune which is real just not released to the public, only the workers.
Wonder why microsoft didn't just call 98SE windows 99 and 95 OSR2.5 as windows 96. Yeah I know those name exist already. 96 is a beta released update for 95 supposedly and is called windows Nashville and 97 tan is the prebeta of 98 called Memphis. 99 is the beta of 2000 called NT 5.0.  ;018 wt... if so what is Neptune then? Windows 2001? based on XP released XP is NT 5.1 or Windows 2001. Confusive but makes sense. Just intertwined which derails the actual sense into not making sense. This thing needs to be studied or debated. ;138
Death as come. 2K Chan has but killed in extended Support. She has finally become Unsupported She is finally fully rejected by her Birth company. It\'s so sad...

Red-Machine

Neptune was going to be a home version of 2000, but it was pulled by Bill in favour of ME.  I've played with the beta and it seems pretty solid, although a tad unstable when it has the latest DirectX...
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

NejinOniwa

And what was Odyssey now again...something to do with 2k as well, if I remember things right.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

icerain

Windows Oddysey's goal was to develop a successor to 2k. Also,  Neptune and Odyssey teams combined with XP team.
^^
"Life begins with a disk drive"

Aurora Borealis

I still can't believe that the fairly stable Neptune got scrapped and replaced with the dreaded ME!

Chocofreak13

but we loves an ME!!! she's so adorable and crashy!

oh wow, i just realized that i never uploaded version 3.
.........i wanna make version 4 now. but it's too late, so i'll work on it tommorow, if someone reminds me.
click to make it bigger

Aurora Borealis

ME-tan is very likable (because of her crashiness and her cuteness) but ME itself? Not so much! But if it weren't for ME's unreliability, the OS-tans as we know them likely wouldn't exist, so we primarily owe the existence of the OS-tans to Windows ME and its infamy!

OS Freak

Yes Ive heard ME being has she is carries a great piece of history over her. She was the first tan ever created. To tell you the truth I like ME. I have it in virtual pc 2007 and she hardly ever crashes. Randomly on random days at random times she crashes the virtual machine service. Says: Vmsrvc - the application vmsrvc.exe has caused a problem in vmsrvc. The application will now close. It closes and nothing happens. So I think I have a pretty stable and loved ME version.

As an OS collector I also have Neptune and it's pretty much like an advanced 2K but a very stable one. Sometimes drivers mess her up. I've gotten that problem were at the end I manage to revive her and bring her to life. "Neptune, I'm so glad to see you safe, welcome back girl - Ohh master thank you for your loyalty and kindness" When she restarts you wish she'd say that. What she says is a box with System Failure : This machine has recovered from a fatal internal error. Would you like to provide comments about this problem so it can be fixed?

Obviously the Neptune team does not exist so you cannot report anything since to microsoft Neptune does not exist as it was abandoned/scrapped. The windows update service also fails on her and many programs requiring 2K SP 1, 2, 3, 4, RU will not install. Since she's an NTC or no service pack modified 2K. Ever tried SP4 on her? I did it says Neptune cannot be upgraded becaus the SP4 of 2K is for 2k SP3. lol Makes sense. Either way Neptune is a 2K engine so it's kinda messed also.
Death as come. 2K Chan has but killed in extended Support. She has finally become Unsupported She is finally fully rejected by her Birth company. It\'s so sad...