What computer/OS are you using?

Started by Bella, April 16, 2007, 02:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Dr. Kraus

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on May 19, 2011, 10:07:44 PM

hackintosh. -w-

Thats what its going to be, I just want it to be fresh (you think I would rip apart a Macintosh just to shove it into a case? bah!)

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on May 19, 2011, 10:07:44 PM
dude.
torrent mac OSX

I've already thought this out, I have OSX 10.6 on my computer and also burned to a disk already (I could just buy one though, $30 for a copy isn't that bad..). Just because my work is Windows based doesn't mean I don't get to work with Macintosh computers  (Though they only need a fresh install most of time and a little extra RAM).

Chocofreak13

i think it's wise to keep all different computers around. if it weren't for my budget (of free) i'd have different OSes around. it's at least wise to be versed in more than one OS, which makes me aa damn fool. :3
click to make it bigger

Bella

Quote from: Dr. Kraus on May 19, 2011, 05:50:19 PM
OSX 10.4 AKA Tiger... I've started to become a Macintosh user...again...it feels...right.

This is exactly why I use a Mac too... they feel right.... *____*

Incidentally, I don't label myself as a "Mac user" as much as a "Unix user" since that's what OSX is... and that's the only version of Macintosh I've used extensively (and liked consistently). Though the Classic Mac line is undoubtedly fabulous too (I've worked with System 4.2, 8 and 9.2 on real computers and virtualize System 7.5 - no complaints with any of them...)

NejinOniwa

Exactly the reason I never tried venturing into it. It just feels wrong.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Red-Machine

My new netbook as gone from China to Korea and is now wintering in Kazakhstan.  I hope it brings me some vodka back.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Bella

Quote from: Red-Machine on May 20, 2011, 04:51:46 AM
My new netbook as gone from China to Korea and is now wintering in Kazakhstan.  I hope it brings me some vodka back.

I lol'd heartily. Then I thought of this:

Kazakhstan, greatest country in the world
All other countries run by little girls
Kazakhstan number one exporter of potassium
Other countries have inferior potassium~

Red-Machine

MISAKA, for that is what I shall call her, has now left Poland.  I imagine she'll fly to Germany and from there fly here.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Chocofreak13

misaka is going to have teto's voice. :3

let's hope you find a use for the mail song. ^^
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I just ordered more RAM for Asagi; making her the very first computer I've maxed out the RAM on (Supporting a maximum of 4GB, according to research I've done). Now, I just need to buy one of those extended batteries...

Chocofreak13

here's a challenge: trying to teach my grandma how to use the computer and the internet. she has an HP from 2002 running windows XP home.

added layer of challenge: it can't connect to the internet right now. we've figured out the problem, but it's not fixed yet. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Good luck on that. I remember trying to teach my grandma how to be able to get her work done easier on the computer; which was a pain in the ass because my uncle taught her the most complicated ways to get things done, and she didn't seem to want to listen to me when I tried to show her an easier way to do the same things.

Chocofreak13

it's a slow, frustrating process, partly because of the computer glitches, partly because my sister wants to "help" and ends up making things sound extremely confusing. ><;
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

My grandmother uses Firefox.

=w=
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS