Main Menu

Disgaea

Started by Chocofreak13, May 05, 2011, 06:47:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

lol. i'd say "don't be ashamed of your art", but when i look at my old drawings, i cringe. ^^;
click to make it bigger

Nichi

With my stories, even though I've been writing fairly actively since summer 2000, I usually don't acknowledge anything prior to December 2003; which was when I began writing what I consider my first decent story (It has its share of problems, but I feel it has aged pretty well). Anyway, back onto the original subject...

I really need to do some more training on Disgaea 2; that last map I took on was pretty brutal, between the powerful foes and the tons of Geo Effects in play, which made navigating to the one Geo Panel you needed to destroy to start an epic chain reaction a pain. Also, I should probably play more of the 3rd one; I haven't even finished the first episode on that one, but then again, I don't care much for some of the things they did when making it.

Chocofreak13

yeah, sometimes the sequels lose the epicness of the first game. which is why i never played any of the sequels. :\

i already mentioned training in the item world. unless they don't have that in the third game, i'd say that sounds like a good place to start. :3

you might also consider upgrading their weapons/armor, upping their counterattack, and revising your strategy? :3
click to make it bigger

Nichi

The 2nd game is actually pretty good. However, the 3rd one changed up how characters learn new spells and techniques (Instead of learning them from leveling up like in the previous two, you learn them by going to a special shop and spending Mana to unlock it), which just doesn't seem right to me.

Chocofreak13

eeww. that's so dumb. :\

i'd like to play today :3
click to make it bigger

Nichi

If it wasn't for the fact I like the characters in Disgaea 3 (Mao being my favorite), I likely would have traded it in by now; that feature is just too annoying. Hopefully, Disgaea 4 drops that feature and returns to letting your characters learn new techniques by leveling up; although, it'd be hard to complain, since my sister is buying the collector's edition for me when it's available.

Chocofreak13

it's weird, since in the beginning even having a disgaea 2 was odd. it never seemed like the type of game to have sequels. :\

if i still rented games, i'd rent disgaea 2 just to try, since i'm pretty sure that they made it for the ps2. but knowing me, it'd probably frustrate me after 5 minutes and i'd say "screw this", like i did with final fantasy 8.
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Yeah, Disgaea 2 is available on the PS2, although it's PSP remake is the best version you can possibly get of it (It brings in some of the features from 3 that did work well). I'd suggest finding a way to try it out; even the PS2 version expands enough on the gameplay of the original to make it feel fresh (Although, they did make a few changes to make certain characters and weapons less game-breaking; like putting limitations on the firing range of the guns, to make the bows seem more useful).

Chocofreak13

eh. it's not a pressing thing for me. and i'd wanna try it before i buy it.

also, unless i REALLY want a game/system, i'm not going to buy that game/system. for example, the only thing that i was looking for as an excuse to buy a PS3 was the evangelion news app, and that's gone out of business. >__<
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I can understand; why buy a system if there aren't enough games you're interested in for it?

After all, I remember going out of my way to get a Dreamcast after all the good things I heard about it's library of games, only to find 3 that I really liked on it out of all the ones I tried (Those games being Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, and Phantasy Star Online V2; which are available on other consoles now).

Chocofreak13

lol. still, you have bragging rights with that. -w-

been meaning to play recently, but been distracted by life.

you made any progress with any of your games?
click to make it bigger

Nichi

I haven't gotten around to playing more, because of multiple things eating away my free time. Although, I plan on trying to get back to Disgaea 2 soon...

Chocofreak13

let me know when you do. -w-

one of the things distracting me recently was an urge to make comics; i'd like to restart the disgaea one but the more and more i think of it the less and less plot it has. :\
click to make it bigger

Nichi

Try doing what I do; have a text file or even a plain notepad to throw around some ideas in, and once you decide on one that will work for your comic, start writing it

Chocofreak13

eh, i HAD a plot, but it seems to have drifted off.

and as for random ideas, almost all of mine occur away from the computer. as a result, most of them have been written on scrap paper (ace's high, my main comic right now, was written on a napkin as we were driving out of a bertucci's parking lot :\).
click to make it bigger