Main Menu

Relationships

Started by SleepyD, March 29, 2011, 02:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pitkin

Quote from: Bella on May 15, 2011, 12:36:13 AM
As a... mostly asexual/demisexual/single-target-sexual or whatever the hell I am... I could never "just date" somebody or be set-up. I think the only romances worth having are the ones that bloom from friendship... .w.

Totally agreed. Having a relationship with someone I wasn't friends with before sounds totally impossible. I cannot personally claim to like someone in an intimate way without first liking them in friend way.

zjhentohlauedy

i don't think it's even an option tothink of a long term relationship if that other person isn't a friend at first >_>
My my, aren't you lovely~

Nichi

The one thing I can't stand whenever the subject of finding a girlfriend comes up around certain people is that they try to tell me what kind of girl to go after; for example, my grandma insists I hook up with someone who's rich, because "You don't want someone that's poor". That annoys me; money means nothing in a relationship, but she makes it out to be the single most important thing

Bella

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on May 15, 2011, 12:39:11 AM
yeah. it's more natural that way. :\

Hey, I was gonna say that in my post. (Well, I was gonna use "organic" instead of "natural", but close enough.) ^^

Anyway, it's good to see I'm not alone in that belief. Another upside of dating a friend is that it eliminates the need to find out what they like/what they're attracted to/lame pickup lines. x)

Quote from: PentiumMMX on May 15, 2011, 09:37:53 AM
The one thing I can't stand whenever the subject of finding a girlfriend comes up around certain people is that they try to tell me what kind of girl to go after; for example, my grandma insists I hook up with someone who's rich, because "You don't want someone that's poor". That annoys me; money means nothing in a relationship, but she makes it out to be the single most important thing

That is annoying, but not exactly uncommon.... most parents would probably like to see their children to "marry up". It still should never be a motivation for being with someone, though. (My dad's *joked* I should find a rich guy - thankfully more of his romance advice involves telling me that when I find someone I love, I shouldn't let anything get in my way. Right before telling me a bunch of things that SHOULD get in my way.)

Nichi

@Bella: It probably wouldn't be as bad if my grandma was just joking that I should marry someone that's rich, but she's dead serious that I should find a rich girl (Which is the reason she didn't like my mom at first, according to my dad).

But hey; you can't pick your family, so do your best to tolerate them regardless of the things they do that annoy you; such as telling you what kind of person you should date, what you should do with your life, not turning on the A\C one summer...

[/psa_mode]

Pitkin

Quote from: PentiumMMX on May 15, 2011, 02:00:30 PM
But hey; you can't pick your family, so do your best to tolerate them regardless of the things they do that annoy you; such as telling you what kind of person you should date, what you should do with your life, not turning on the A\C one summer...

I haven't seen anyone in my family except my parents and brother for years. Can't get along with my grandmother. xP During the last three years it was also very close that the relations between me parents and I would be totally severed, but it's getting better by now. :/

stewartsage

No one in my family seems to particularly care who I'm in a relationship with when I am, though my grandmother does ask if I have a girlfriend regularly.

zjhentohlauedy

both my brothers aren't in a relationship too XD and as far as i know they haven't had one at all yet. one's 29 and the other's 26 and i'm 22 XD

we're forever lonely =D

Bella

Quote from: stewartsage on May 15, 2011, 07:29:44 PM
No one in my family seems to particularly care who I'm in a relationship with when I am, though my grandmother does ask if I have a girlfriend regularly.

Random acquaintances/family members who don't know me very well occasionally ask if I'm "dating yet", like I'm a 13 year old girl or something. I usually just giggle and shake my head... it hasn't happened for awhile though.  .____.''

I get the distinct impression that dad doesn't want me seeing anyone until I'm in college, my brother doesn't give a damn and my brother's gf would probably be happy... and that they all suspect I'll never date anyone. <<;

And then there's this conversation I found myself in a few nights back:

"I bet you have a secret boyfriend."
"No..... I have a secret girlfriend."
"And that would be just fine with me!"

Gosh, thanks dad. >///>

zjhentohlauedy

Quote from: Bella on May 15, 2011, 09:00:39 PM
it hasn't happened for awhile though.  .____.''

sounds like they've given up XD

Nichi

At work, aside from that one girl I felt I had a chance with but missed out on because of that damned 2nd job, the only other lady to show interest in me is almost old enough to be my mom (I wasn't interested in her at first because she seemed like a cougar, but when I heard she had a son about 2 years younger than me, I was even less interested; I don't do MILF). The only times I see any ladies in my age group are the nurses-in-training from the local collage, but they come and go so quickly that I never get a chance to get to know any of them.

svx

svxs wants girlfriend who

a)  likes anime
b)  plays Quakeworld
c)  is interested in entertaining a diplomatic role of high power after I conquer most of the world
d)  more anime stuff
e)  sometimes we will get drunk and toke up
f)  it's okay if she plays Minecraft too
g)  but she can't be smarter than me
h)  because that'd be weird
i)  and she needs to be impressed by my palace in Minecraft
j)  and help me farm TNT
k)  to strategically place beneath other peoples' structures
l)  mnopqrstuvwxyz

@bells  ...That conversation is hot

@ost/forum  THERE ARE NEW PEOPLE HERE AND THEY HAVE MORE POSTS THAN ME

If you love posting so much then why don't you marry it?
Newbies... :(

Nichi

Quote from: svx on May 15, 2011, 11:12:14 PM
@ost/forum  THERE ARE NEW PEOPLE HERE AND THEY HAVE MORE POSTS THAN ME

I've actually been here since '08; although I was inactive from mid '09 until this past March

Chocofreak13

Quote from: Bella on May 15, 2011, 09:00:39 PM

"No..... I have a secret girlfriend."

IS IT ME? >:3

my family doesn't usually care about who i do/don't date; being the youngest, i think alot of them still see me as "the baby". i've never had anyone in my family ask if i had a boyfriend/girlfriend to my knowledge. i get the feeling that if i told them i was looking for a girlfriend, they'd go into awkward-slience-mode. .___. (however i don't expect the announcement of "i'm looking for a boyfriend" to be much better. :\ )

@genpop: THERE ARE SO MANY NEW POSTS I CAN'T EVEN POST. >:[

@svx: it sounds like you want a nerdy bimbo, which isn't possible. :\
and if you're upset about new people having moar posts, try showing up more. :\
right now, i'm single and not actively looking. if something happens to roll my way, then yay. :3
click to make it bigger

Krizonar

Quote from: svx on May 15, 2011, 11:12:14 PM
svxs wants girlfriend who

a)  likes anime
c)  is interested in entertaining a diplomatic role of high power after I conquer most of the world
d)  more anime stuff
f)  it's okay if she plays Minecraft too
i)  and she needs to be impressed by my palace in Minecraft
j)  and help me farm TNT
k)  to strategically place beneath other peoples' structures

I can see my significant other saying about all these things about me as well. :P