OS-tan OVA

Started by tAPOCHKIN, December 02, 2006, 08:41:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tAPOCHKIN

http://www.wakachan.org/os/res/21972.html

QuoteA OS-tan OVA about 15 minutes long was produced by a small group called "Lab 29" around late 2005, It was Evangelion style show about the MacOS-tans, Steve Jobs/Apple's Lawyers took offense and had the DVDs removed from the market...

Hi. /r/ for torrent or any other downloadable link for this OVA.

Silentbob

Every time I asked around for that, I was always told it was a fake.  That is to say, it's not an anime, just pictures.

Spysweeper

I hope Os-tan series is animated one day.

Aurora Borealis

Sadly that's not going to happen. With the usage of OS companies' trademarks, logos and such. Not to mention it would defeat the purpose of the OS-tans being a fan creation and would cause all OS-tans to have "set" character designs (even the "official" characters like ME-tan, XP-tan, etc. have variations to their designs in fanarts. Such as shade of haircolor, length, eye color...)

Q4(V)

i was searching for this on LimeWire i a lot of file called mac os tan and number like 07, 30 or 40 i'm guessin there mainly all virus but will download at a net cafe i have just to c if there may be the real thing and not because i hate the net cafe hehehe, i try e-mule and e-dounky to if any wants to add to the p2p list go a head, the more vir .. err clip the better.

NewYinzer

"If only, if only", the woodpecker said, "the bark on the tree was a soft as the sky!"

In this case, it was a joke. See this thread by the people who worship Steve Jobs like Shiva:
http://www.applegeeks.com/sm/index.php?topic=6673.0

C-Chan

I wonder if the same legal ramifications would apply to a fan-produced Anime?

Not that such a thing would be possible, since you have to coordinate lots of people to handle animation, scripting, voice acting, music, etc.   At best, only a full-length manga is more realistic.

But if anything under the calibre of Hoshi no Koe were produced, then....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoshi_no_koe

SleepyD

Ah yes, Makoto.  The dude that does everything himself. ...most of it anyway. I loved Tenmon's composing in Beyond the Clouds. I don't recall any of his pieces in Hoshi no Koe... Never stuck in my head.  

Well, I wouldn't put flash animation to the wayside.  It is quite possible to make a good fan-anime using that.  I've seen many projects with good animation and even going so far as holding an online audition for voice actors.  None seem to have materialized, but it is possible.  

The problem, it seems, is school. High school, college, whatever... it's school that screws everything up for them. I'm just speculating at this point: Too many people gone, and by the time they're back, they're a disorganized mess. You can get a large team online, but you need something to keep contact with them at all times.

NewYinzer

School is always the problem. Look at my airport. I was making great progress over the summer, but I have barely done anything since the start of the school year. But I do think a flash animation would work. Does anyone know flash?

C-Chan

*raises hoof*  Oiii....  -v-

In fact, eons ago I produced two short animated sequences parodying stuff from Card Captor Sakura using different characters.  The first one wasn't very good, but it had music and closed captioned-style subtitles to compensate for the lack of voiceover.  The second one was all music and a little smoother.  Time expenditure wasn't that bad, but other projects eventually got in the way, and its been years since I've done a Flash animation like that.  ^^'

Shouldn't be too hard to get back to it though, since it's all vector graphics like Inkscape.  -v-

If a small Anime were attempted, not only Flash but Poser should also be necessary, especially if working with non-chibi characters.  That way, the proportions can be kept consistent through all the keyframes.

Music is no problem, but naturally voiceovers are gonna be hell.  ^^'
In lieu of a dedicated "staff", sound manipulation technology (like Soundforge) might be necessary.  Or just a lot of improvisation.

Especially when it comes to vintage-tans and their old exploits, makeing the anime styled as an early 20th century silent film would be king of interesting.  ^^'

NewYinzer

*thinks*
Old style...vintage-tans...this could be interesting!
*gears turn*
What if we were to make a short flash, somewhere under two minutes, in the older anime style (aka something like Astroboy), with one of our vintage-tans in a sort of poorly-dubbed tribute to the saintly days of yore?
*gears turn*
How 'bout we do a tribute to The Seven Samurai, except with Apple ][-tan as a villager and 95-san as a samurai?
*gears turn*
Or perhaps we'd want to explore the new territory involved with the original Troubled Windows TV Show? Perhaps a sort of commercial explaining the series and giving an intro to the show? Or a part of one episode that is funny on its own (like that scene in Mahoromatic Season 2 with the breast-o-vac)?
*starts plotting*
I can see it all now:
Season 1: Troubled Windows
Season 2: Troubled Windows Again
Season 3: Troubled Windows ~Kraftwerk~
Season 4: Troubled Windows? Saseko!
Season 5: Troubled Windows? Magister Emui Magi
(BTW, "Magi" is not a word that means magician in Latin. I think it's just a loanword. A Flying Turtle to anyone who can correctly find all the references in my titles)

C-Chan

You gotta admire NewYinzer's appreciation for Vintage-tans.  ^___^

You make me wanna sit down and draw PilotOS [aka 'Xerox Star'] -tan right here and now!  ^v^
(do have a preconcept design/personality in mind, though -- kind of a cross between Porco from Porco Rosso and Momo from Xenosaga III).

QuoteWhat if we were to make a short flash, somewhere under two minutes, in the older anime style (aka something like Astroboy), with one of our vintage-tans in a sort of poorly-dubbed tribute to the saintly days of yore?

Feasible, but never really quite liked that style of flat animation.  I'd go the extra mile, and simulate the black and white (or beige and white films), with flickering, dust, scratches, poor audio, etc.

Still, that kind of animation would let us get away with a lot of cheating (as far as the animation goes... ^^)

QuoteHow 'bout we do a tribute to The Seven Samurai, except with Apple ][-tan as a villager and 95-san as a samurai?

Whoops,... guess I have to go pick up a copy then.  ^^'

Presumably Apple ][-tan was a once a great fighter (a true "revolutionary", so to speak), but haven't given much thought as to how she'd fair nowadays against even half-modern -tans like 95-tan.  She is very wise, and undoubtedly knows karate (after all, karate started out as a farmer's martial art), but probably prefers to leave true life-and-death combat to GSOS-tan.

QuoteOr perhaps we'd want to explore the new territory involved with the original Troubled Windows TV Show? Perhaps a sort of commercial explaining the series and giving an intro to the show? Or a part of one episode that is funny on its own (like that scene in Mahoromatic Season 2 with the breast-o-vac)?
*starts plotting*
I can see it all now:
Season 1: Troubled Windows
Season 2: Troubled Windows Again
Season 3: Troubled Windows ~Kraftwerk~
Season 4: Troubled Windows? Saseko!
Season 5: Troubled Windows? Magister Emui Magi
(BTW, "Magi" is not a word that means magician in Latin. I think it's just a loanword. A Flying Turtle to anyone who can correctly find all the references in my titles)

Haha,... that would require focusing entirely on those infernal Windows-tans, no?  ^v^'
Fufufu,... you know where this is going.... -v-

But it's definitely obvious that you're watching Love Hina right now... ^v^'

In any case, I've been thinking about this for a while today, and assuming I get a little time after my major pics, I would love to try either of these two test runs first:

A) A really short and whimsical clip featuring Commodore PETchan (and by default, KameLOGO-kun), Apple ][-tan, and Atari DOS-tan [aka Atari 8-bit], who in the pseudo-storyline make up an inseparable trio of sorts.  -v-
All are fairly self-conscious that this is a test, and try doing some crazy acts and performances despite being obviously old-fashioned.  Animation is standard modern cel-shading and color, with a lot of SD for humor and to cheap out on keyframing.  ^^'
Yellow subtitles and music would be used to compensate for lack of speech.

B) A more serious, black & white, "nickelodeon"-style film that depicts the "Birth of Windows".  A "young" Bill Gates is implied in the beginning first seconds, but the rest of the film features a very young Windows 1.0-tan, MSDOS-tan, PCDOS-tan, and the then family caretaker Xenix-san.  The short movie would be an homage/parody of the opening of Rozen Maiden: Traumend, and will even feature the same beautiful music piece.  It's styled after a silent film, so although there won't be subtitles, you'll still have the occasional black screen with words.

NewYinzer

B! B! B!
Go with B! It think it's simple enough to do, without having to delve too deep into voice acting or a complex plot line.

QuoteBut it's definitely obvious that you're watching Love Hina right now... ^v^'

Close but no flying turtle. The first two are obviously parodies of Love Hina and Love Hina Again. The third references the second season of Rozen Maiden, which is often written Rozen Maiden ~Traumend~, except I've added a bit of German to it (Kraftwerk=powerplant). The fourth references Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu! The final one is obvious - it references Negima? Magister Negi Magi, except with Me-tan. As for the term "magi", it means mage. I was wrong. Thanks for playing!

C-Chan

Okey-dokey.  ^__^

I was thinking the same thing, since A required some actual material to think up and research.  I had some humorous ideas for the trio, but not for this particular exercise (rather for an episode of my pseudo-storyline).  ^^'

Plus I'd really like to introduce Xenix-san, since she's an unsung hero for so many modern-day computer users.  -___-

Anyway, let's get this theoretical ball rolling....  ^___^

Let's start off easy with the music.

If anyone here is unfamiliar with Rozen Maiden, the musical piece I'm referring to is entitled "Creation", and is track 2 of the Rozen Maiden Traumend OST.  Here's a copy to listen to, although I modified it to give it the kind of old sound quality that would be used in our proposed mini-Anime.  ^__^

http://www.verytragicalmirth.com/Images/Creation.mp3

Headphones are recommended, since speakers might smooth out the antiquated feel.  -v-'

NewYinzer

QuoteIf anyone here is unfamiliar with Rozen Maiden, the musical piece I'm referring to is entitled "Creation", and is track 2 of the Rozen Maiden Traumend OST. Here's a copy to listen to, although I modified it to give it the kind of old sound quality that would be used in our proposed mini-Anime. ^__^

Indeed...very mysterious music! I'd go with it! As for plot, I'm as dry as a lake! I'll have to get back to you for fresh ideas!