What computer/OS are you using?

Started by Bella, April 16, 2007, 02:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

i'm SO f*cking sick of macs. >__< i've said it once, and i'll say it again:

F*CKING MACS. >.<

(for those that don't already know, that's ALL they have at my school. i've only found TWO pc's at my school, both in the library. ;__; )

i'm thankful that there are a few die-hard non-mac users at my school, but they're hard to find. :\

anyone got a copy of windows 95? talking with canary today has made me realize i should finish building timmy. :\
Quote from: TheClone on February 13, 2011, 01:11:36 PM
Quote from: Bella on February 11, 2011, 05:04:31 PM
It's awesome not having to worry about your computer constantly, isn't it? :D

This is how I feel when I boot my computer-->     8)

Only problem is how ridiculously expensive they are. I'm not buying a new computer until this one starts crashing on startup - probably sometime next decennium...

i worry about my computer, but not because of crashing or anything (the combo of windows 7, rising antivirus and common sense has made speedy quite stable :3), but because taking it with me to boston 2 days a week has occasionally earned it a good bump or smack. ;__;
click to make it bigger

CanaryTan

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on February 13, 2011, 03:07:07 PM
i'm SO f*cking sick of macs. >__< i've said it once, and i'll say it again:

F*CKING MACS. >.<

(for those that don't already know, that's ALL they have at my school. i've only found TWO pc's at my school, both in the library. ;__; )

i'm thankful that there are a few die-hard non-mac users at my school, but they're hard to find. :\

anyone got a copy of windows 95? talking with canary today has made me realize i should finish building timmy. :\

Only problem is how ridiculously expensive they are. I'm not buying a new computer until this one starts crashing on startup - probably sometime next decennium...

i worry about my computer, but not because of crashing or anything (the combo of windows 7, rising antivirus and common sense has made speedy quite stable :3), but because taking it with me to boston 2 days a week has occasionally earned it a good bump or smack. ;__;

Yay you mentioned me! ^^

Oh, I also have a windows 95 iso. I don't remember where i got it but yeah.
I'm not kidding. I have all teh animal crossing games and play them everyday.
My profile pic is from deviant art. It's not mine.

Bella

A lot of people complain about Macs being too expensive, but I think it's an investment that's worth every penny. I'm not buying a new one until mine starts falling apart on me too, haha. ^^

NejinOniwa

A mac is a peacock.
It's pretty to look at, and proud of both its strength and its beauty.
Yet it is still merely mortal, and once its one life fades, that's all it ever had.

A PC is a phoenix.
It beauty and strength may be fickle and weak at times, and its fiery spirit may be hard to handle.
But as long as its ashes remain, it can rise again and be reborn, any number of times.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Dr. Kraus

Quote from: Red-Machine on February 11, 2011, 07:41:14 AM
Quote from: Dr. Kraus on February 10, 2011, 01:47:42 PMIt's pretty amazing how that's possible, ghetto comp is around 5 years old and runs win7 waaaaaaaaaaay better than windows XP.

Is this comparing a fresh install of XP with a fresh install of 7?  If not, it isn't a fair comparison.

Its a fresh install on two different computers, its a fair fight!

CanaryTan

I'm using my ubuntu right now. via cloud. No i'm just kidding xD
I'm using it on my flash drive. It's pretty good if you're just gonna use it for internet and such.

Chocofreak13

my edition of 7 didn't come with the cloud. idk what i'd do with it, but it's disappointing cause the commercials are so AWESOME. >>;

i haven't used any of the other boxes in the room in awhile, and technically shitty isn't even here. :\

when i get shitty back, i think i was also expecting to be the owner of a mac torrent box. :\ (sadly, to accomplish its task, it would not be located here. :[ )
click to make it bigger

TheClone

Quote from: NejinOniwa on February 13, 2011, 05:52:02 PM
A mac is a peacock.
Yet it is still merely mortal, and once its one life fades, that's all it ever had.

A PC is a phoenix.
It beauty and strength may be fickle and weak at times, and its fiery spirit may be hard to handle.
But as long as its ashes remain, it can rise again and be reborn, any number of times.

Haha nerd poetry. I love it  8)

CanaryTan

Quote from: TheClone on February 14, 2011, 08:01:34 AM
Quote from: NejinOniwa on February 13, 2011, 05:52:02 PM
A mac is a peacock.

A PC is a phoenix.

Haha nerd poetry. I love it  8)

agreed xD It's epic.

Dr. Kraus

Quote from: Chocofreak13 on February 13, 2011, 09:37:39 PM
my edition of 7 didn't come with the cloud. idk what i'd do with it, but it's disappointing cause the commercials are so AWESOME. >>;

i haven't used any of the other boxes in the room in awhile, and technically shitty isn't even here. :\

when i get shitty back, i think i was also expecting to be the owner of a mac torrent box. :\ (sadly, to accomplish its task, it would not be located here. :[ )

The "Cloud" isn't that big a deal, its pretty much remote access with the ability to send files across the pipes to another computer which is nice but really goes unused most of the time. Homegroup is great though! Fast, easy, reliable even though its only on the local network and not available across the internet without a cloud system.

CanaryTan

Quote from: Dr. Kraus on February 14, 2011, 05:09:44 PM
Quote from: Chocofreak13 on February 13, 2011, 09:37:39 PM

The "Cloud" isn't that big a deal, its pretty much remote access with the ability to send files across the pipes to another computer which is nice but really goes unused most of the time. Homegroup is great though! Fast, easy, reliable even though its only on the local network and not available across the internet without a cloud system.

The cloud reminds me of this software i use with friends called 'Team Viewer'

NejinOniwa

Cloud? Never heard of W7 getting a specific one, but. MEH. Could care less.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Krizonar

I've always wondered what's special about the cloud.

Though I remember google freaking out about "omg cloud omg omg omg".

Chocofreak13

eh, to be honest i don't really miss it, but the commercials were cool. -w-

ps. i hate hd tv. >__<
click to make it bigger