OS-Tan Animated Desktop Assistant Project

Started by deusprogrammer, September 06, 2007, 09:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

unlike other sites, mediafire has unlimited downloads and only 20 seconds wait time for free downloads. i prefer downloading things from there. ^^

also, since people sem to have a desire for desktop mascots, i was thinking of making a few OS-tan flele shells. they can't talk, but they can do alot more than sora. :3
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

More like, NO wait time, K-chan. Your records are out of date!
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

really? i just downloaded stuff from there about a month ago, is that already out of date? :\
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Hou. Well, maybe that's just for you americans, then. -w-;

Chocofreak13

yeah, cause we're naughty and download stuff without permission. there has to be SOME penalty.
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Chocofreak13

well, you guys have a PIRATE PARTY. we have a lady running for prez who wants to eliminate social security and says masturbation is a form of adultry. :\
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

Chocofreak13

click to make it bigger

Goujer (she/her)

I stumbled upon this today and I couldn't help but think of this thread when I saw it. It has a good chunk of tans but the software is in Japanese and I'm pretty sure you have to buy it, you can download a demo of Me-tan holding a sign.
http://www.dlsite.com/home/work/=/product_id/RJ033970.html
Yellow button for demo.
This appears to be the developers site for it: http://qruqru.sakura.ne.jp/download.html

Chocofreak13

did you join just to post this? not faulting you, but "couldn't help but think of this thread" implies you've been lurking, lol. come join us, we don't bite. :3

as for the mascots, the english version of the site only has a wallpaper pack and a couple doujins (including the cursed one by Deja-Vu >>; ), which makes sense, since the devs likely didn't want to go through the work of translating the entire program to english, meaning we'll likely never see it here. :\

upon looking at the dev site, i can see that the program is the same as one originally made for apricot, a mascot program. we have the ME-tan one for download here, i believe, though it's buggy and hard to get going. according to the site with the pack the ME and 2k ones respond to voice, and all of them send off little messages in the form of pop-up bubbles. you can appearantly change what they say by editing the code, and if you set it up properly, it can be used as an rss feed.

given the complexity of translating the program and the fact that it hasn't been updated since 08', it's unlikely we'll ever see it in english. but hey, the ME-tan is already up on site, if we could get the others, that'd be kinda cool. it's only about 11 bucks, anyway. :0
click to make it bigger

Goujer (she/her)

I've been lurking around here since 2010, I've had an account since 2012 but I've never really found a reason to post.

I may buy it and plug the text into Google translate, I mean that's better than straight up Japanese.

Chocofreak13

wish it wasn't so hard to learn.

poast moar! it's good to have new members. ^^
click to make it bigger

Goujer (she/her)

I translated the demo. It's pretty bad but better than nothing.
Demo here: trial.dlsite.com/doujin/RJ034000/RJ033970_trial.zip
Message.txt here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lgku0cd2ouargha/message.txt?dl=0
Put the Message.txt into the data folder.

Chocofreak13

if it's no trouble, could you bundle it together? then we might be able to get it uploaded to the downloads section. :0
click to make it bigger