Bella's OS-tan Manga Thread

Started by Bella, April 17, 2008, 05:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Chan

Quote...no, you got rich by raiding a lot of competitors' code...

...and of course, scare tactics.

Instant Lolz.  Just add water.  ^.^

Quote*runs*

Whaaaaaa! I still love you Ubuntu-san...but I love your mother, too!!!!

*runs*

.....@.@

Now you have to watch clannad -- there's a freakishly funny episode that fits that like a glove.  ^^

QuoteYou...you...PIG!!! ^v^

I probably would've been able to post the sketch I did, had I not gotten carried away with that other picture...

GYAAAAAH!!!  She's working on it!!!!  ^v^

*piggy happy dance*

QuoteAnd in the spirit of posting pigs-with-cute-girls...

...You do like PSPs, right? :P

I can start.  ^___^

*coos*  ^.^

Bella

So....I've been thinking of how I can end this comic....quicker than I wanted to originally...

Now, I can't say I'll do this or not. I don't even know it I'll finish it, but I'd like to finish a comic for once in my life. And it would be nice to have a few options on the table.

I've been thinking about dropping chapter 4, and skipping about one and a half, two years into the future. Perhaps I'll just hint at that chapter by showing Linux-sama leaving the GNU people to go off on her own. She sets out to visit her daughters, a very young Slackware (then called SLS)-chan and Yggdrasil-chan, who're being taken care of by Minix-sensei.
Flashing to the Unix-tan's HQ, we see that Unixen have caught word that Linux-sama has left the GNU people. Solaris-san believes this would be a prime opportunity to capture her...after all, she's already developed a lot of powers, and if they wait any longer she might get too powerful to bring in easily. Unix-sama gives the okay, but warns her daughter not to harm Linux-sama in any way because she..."wants the last say of what happens to her." So Solaris-san and some other random Unix-tan (???) set out with their troops (I don't know what in, maybe old-timey cars or jeeps or something. I'm up to suggestions).

Going back to Linux-sama, we see her hanging out with her two daughters. This might be a few more days in the future. Maybe as a bit of humor I'll include that little segment about the "OS-tan birds and bees talk", which might also explain how she could have two children without ever having seen them before.
Going back to the Unix-tans, we see they've found the hideout and are moving in. They quite easily take the home. She tells a very upset Minix-sensei to leave with her children. Hesitantly she does so, leading to the confrontation between Solaris-san and Linux-sama, it which they argue over how dangerous she actually is. Solaris-san states that Linux-sama's open sourcery isn't as threatening as her ability to upset the status quo, and that's what really scares them. Linux-sama comes up with a rather spirited retort to this; but her backtalk backfires, and she ends up being knocked out by Solaris-san's memory/emotional manipulation powers (perhaps inadvertently).

Then it would move onto the next chapter, involving a long flashback centered Unix-sama and GECOS-san...it would be pretty much the same as was proposed before.

Aurora Borealis

I've never finished a comic in my life either (although I am just two pages away from finishing the first OS-tan Flashbackstory Chronicles story) so I can relate to your problem.

Though I can't remember what chapter 4 was supposed to be like in your current comic, your new proposed ideas and simplification sound very effective and still faithful to your earlier storyline ideas (i.e: Capturing Linux-sama, face-off against Solaris-san, and Unix-sama wanting the last say of what happens to Linux-sama). I especially like the part where Linux-sama will visit Minix-sensei, Slackware-chan and Yggdrasil-chan, and including some lulz!

Linux-sama is really upsetting the status quo by being a Unix-like with powerful open sorcery! Which makes me wonder... Did the Unices all dislike the Unix-likes? (and does this conflict with my proposed backstory for QNX-tan, who although is a Unix-like, still did medical relief efforts during the Unix Wars?)

C-Chan

QuoteSo....I've been thinking of how I can end this comic....quicker than I wanted to originally...

Now, I can't say I'll do this or not. I don't even know it I'll finish it, but I'd like to finish a comic for once in my life. And it would be nice to have a few options on the table.

I would agree to end it as quickly as originally intended, really more to fight against what you say is your natural inclincation to fizzle out in each project.  If you're done and you're still psyched, you can always go back to beef it up more (add in the remaining chapters, etc).

But if you agree to my proposition, I think you'll have a little less pressure in doing so, and perhaps a little more help in getting it realized.  ^^

I've been thinking about dropping chapter 4, and skipping about one and a half, two years into the future. Perhaps I'll just hint at that chapter by showing Linux-sama leaving the GNU people to go off on her own. She sets out to visit her daughters, a very young Slackware (then called SLS)-chan and Yggdrasil-chan, who're being taken care of by Minix-sensei.

Not sure how much you had that scene in your mind, but I've always drawn a blank with it myself.  I would imagine perhaps that the chapter could open up with Linux-sama using her open sourcery very quickly to help someone on the road, followed by a brief 2-3 panel flashback of her with the GNU people, describing what they offered to her, followed in turn by the remainder of the chapter you described above.  More screen time with the other girls is definitely much desired.  ^^

QuoteFlashing to the Unix-tan's HQ, we see that Unixen have caught word that Linux-sama has left the GNU people. Solaris-san believes this would be a prime opportunity to capture her...after all, she's already developed a lot of powers, and if they wait any longer she might get too powerful to bring in easily. Unix-sama gives the okay, but warns her daughter not to harm Linux-sama in any way because she..."wants the last say of what happens to her." So Solaris-san and some other random Unix-tan (???) set out with their troops (I don't know what in, maybe old-timey cars or jeeps or something. I'm up to suggestions).

I'm wondering if instead of catching word of her leaving the GNU people, they instead catch word of her exploits.  After all, the GNU people have had their hands in virtually everything since the mid 80's, but no one ever took them seriously enough to spread their work to the greater masses.  Linux-sama, accidentally, began to do just that.

A while ago I suggested that, given their utilitarian nature, the Unix-tans weaponry would be primarily Russian-inspired.  On the other hand, Solaris-sama (of that era) and many of the other Unix-tans likely would never have agreed to step one foot in a common military vehicle if it killed them, so I'm sure it would have to be something fancier they transported in with.  -v-

I don't think it helps, but we can get to it when the time comes.  -.-

Going back to Linux-sama, we see her hanging out with her two daughters. This might be a few more days in the future. Maybe as a bit of humor I'll include that little segment about the "OS-tan birds and bees talk", which might also explain how she could have two children without ever having seen them before.

Fufu!  That will be such an adorable scene!  That alone would be worth the price of admission.  ^__^

QuoteGoing back to the Unix-tans, we see they've found the hideout and are moving in. They quite easily take the home. She tells a very upset Minix-sensei to leave with her children. Hesitantly she does so, leading to the confrontation between Solaris-san and Linux-sama, it which they argue over how dangerous she actually is. Solaris-san states that Linux-sama's open sourcery isn't as threatening as her ability to upset the status quo, and that's what really scares them. Linux-sama comes up with a rather spirited retort to this; but her backtalk backfires, and she ends up being knocked out by Solaris-san's memory/emotional manipulation powers (perhaps inadvertently).

I think this sounds like a better scene, since Linux-sama is still relatively weak at this point, but still courageous enough to put herself in danger to protect her daughters.  Plus I think it offers a chance to show Minix-sensei how much she cares for these younglings.

QuoteThen it would move onto the next chapter, involving a long flashback centered Unix-sama and GECOS-san...it would be pretty much the same as was proposed before.

I think this is a good idea, and a fairly plausible way to get the story completed without losing the overall theme.  A perfect example of KISS if I ever saw one.  ^^

QuoteI've never finished a comic in my life either (although I am just two pages away from finishing the first OS-tan Flashbackstory Chronicles story) so I can relate to your problem.

Well loosely-speaking, the Zerosanity Xmas Special is done.  Just not finished the way we wanted it to... can't possibly post this as final when the main characters turn into rice ball dumplings in the last 1/3 of the comic.  ^^;

Linux-sama is really upsetting the status quo by being a Unix-like with powerful open sorcery! Which makes me wonder... Did the Unices all dislike the Unix-likes? (and does this conflict with my proposed backstory for QNX-tan, who although is a Unix-like, still did medical relief efforts during the Unix Wars?)

I think the pure-blood Unix-tans did dislike the Unix-likes, but in a more racist sense.  They still looked and worked just like them (proprietary OSes), but they were just cheap knockoffs and hence inferior in their minds.  Yet they could still work with them, and as long as they helped maintain the status quo they did very little to them (other than rustle them up every so often).

With Linux-sama it was different, since she represented a viable social change that threatened the very fabric of their existence.  It didn't matter if she was pureblood Unix or a "Like" -- her open sourcery was a threat that had to get squashed somehow.

Resentment to FreeBSD-tan was similar, but not as severe since she kept to herself for the most part.

Bella

QuoteI've never finished a comic in my life either (although I am just two pages away from finishing the first OS-tan Flashbackstory Chronicles story) so I can relate to your problem.

Then again, you have quite a few comics! You deserve an award just for coming up and drawing so many of your ideas!

QuoteThough I can't remember what chapter 4 was supposed to be like in your current comic, your new proposed ideas and simplification sound very effective and still faithful to your earlier storyline ideas (i.e: Capturing Linux-sama, face-off against Solaris-san, and Unix-sama wanting the last say of what happens to Linux-sama). I especially like the part where Linux-sama will visit Minix-sensei, Slackware-chan and Yggdrasil-chan, and including some lulz!

Chapter four would have been some of the backstory behind the GNU people (especially Emacs-kun). Aside from Linux-sama literally ending up on their doorstep, and getting treated like a demi-god (much to her bemusement), it was a bit weak in the present time. I figured, at best, I could always show a bit of what happened during her time with the GNU people in a flashback.

QuoteLinux-sama is really upsetting the status quo by being a Unix-like with powerful open sorcery! Which makes me wonder... Did the Unices all dislike the Unix-likes? (and does this conflict with my proposed backstory for QNX-tan, who although is a Unix-like, still did medical relief efforts during the Unix Wars?)

I think the Unix-tans would have looked at Unix-likes as "second class citizens", but would still socialize with them. While a lot were open-source, I doubt most Unix-likes would have been greatly powerful (in sorcery or influence)...it was probably the her own influence that made Linux-sama such a threat, as she was the first and only Unix-like who had a chance to become more important and ubiquitous than the old school Unixen.

QuoteI would agree to end it as quickly as originally intended, really more to fight against what you say is your natural inclincation to fizzle out in each project. If you're done and you're still psyched, you can always go back to beef it up more (add in the remaining chapters, etc).

But if you agree to my proposition, I think you'll have a little less pressure in doing so, and perhaps a little more help in getting it realized. ^^

The reason I want to finish this is because I have a lot of it planned out, and would kinda hate to see the ideas go to waste. If I cut chapter 4 down to nothing but a flashback in chapter 5, that will save me a lot of trouble.

QuoteNot sure how much you had that scene in your mind, but I've always drawn a blank with it myself. I would imagine perhaps that the chapter could open up with Linux-sama using her open sourcery very quickly to help someone on the road, followed by a brief 2-3 panel flashback of her with the GNU people, describing what they offered to her, followed in turn by the remainder of the chapter you described above. More screen time with the other girls is definitely much desired. ^^

Though this is a good idea, I was thinking of having it open with a flashback to her time with the GNU people, and a narration explaining (briefly) what happened. This might be a whole panel, and then the next panel would read "two years later" or "one and a half years later". I've always had a bit of trouble with what exactly Linux-sama's open sourcery would...be...so this I'd have to think up.

QuoteI'm wondering if instead of catching word of her leaving the GNU people, they instead catch word of her exploits. After all, the GNU people have had their hands in virtually everything since the mid 80's, but no one ever took them seriously enough to spread their work to the greater masses. Linux-sama, accidentally, began to do just that.

Sounds about right...

QuoteA while ago I suggested that, given their utilitarian nature, the Unix-tans weaponry would be primarily Russian-inspired. On the other hand, Solaris-sama (of that era) and many of the other Unix-tans likely would never have agreed to step one foot in a common military vehicle if it killed them, so I'm sure it would have to be something fancier they transported in with. -v-

I don't think it helps, but we can get to it when the time comes. -.-

I remember your suggestion that the Unixen would have a lot of Russin inspired weapons, and I approve this idea. As for Solaris-sama's own choice of transport...yes, I do think she would want something fancier than a military vehicle, but then again she is a Unix-tan. :P

QuoteFufu! That will be such an adorable scene! That alone would be worth the price of admission. ^__^

Then I have to include it. ;)

QuoteI think this sounds like a better scene, since Linux-sama is still relatively weak at this point, but still courageous enough to put herself in danger to protect her daughters. Plus I think it offers a chance to show Minix-sensei how much she cares for these younglings.

If you think back to my original idea, I wanted to the scene where Solaris-sama found Linux-sama to involve Apache-tan...but in the end, I figured Minix-sensei and the young distro-tans would be more interesting.

QuoteI think this is a good idea, and a fairly plausible way to get the story completed without losing the overall theme. A perfect example of KISS if I ever saw one. ^^

I actually came up with the concept for the Unix-sama/Linux-sama meeting a very long time ago (before I even started this comic) so I have a fairly good idea of what will happen.

QuoteWell loosely-speaking, the Zerosanity Xmas Special is done. Just not finished the way we wanted it to... can't possibly post this as final when the main characters turn into rice ball dumplings in the last 1/3 of the comic. ^^;

I'll be willing to help out a bit with the Xmas Special if the need be. :3

QuoteI think the pure-blood Unix-tans did dislike the Unix-likes, but in a more racist sense. They still looked and worked just like them (proprietary OSes), but they were just cheap knockoffs and hence inferior in their minds. Yet they could still work with them, and as long as they helped maintain the status quo they did very little to them (other than rustle them up every so often).

You put this perfectly...exactly what I though.

QuoteWith Linux-sama it was different, since she represented a viable social change that threatened the very fabric of their existence. It didn't matter if she was pureblood Unix or a "Like" -- her open sourcery was a threat that had to get squashed somehow.

Resentment to FreeBSD-tan was similar, but not as severe since she kept to herself for the most part.

Right about Linux-sama, as well. She was a huge threat because she was a danger to the status quo and had lots of people behind her.

Though I didn't know FreeBSD-tan was similarly disliked.

Thank you very much for these ideas! I shall try to use them in my comic.

Aurora Borealis

Quote from: "C-Chan"
Not sure how much you had that scene in your mind, but I've always drawn a blank with it myself.  I would imagine perhaps that the chapter could open up with Linux-sama using her open sourcery very quickly to help someone on the road, followed by a brief 2-3 panel flashback of her with the GNU people, describing what they offered to her, followed in turn by the remainder of the chapter you described above.  More screen time with the other girls is definitely much desired.  ^^
I like that! A quick way to show Linux-sama's open sorcery in action!

I'm wondering if instead of catching word of her leaving the GNU people, they instead catch word of her exploits.  After all, the GNU people have had their hands in virtually everything since the mid 80's, but no one ever took them seriously enough to spread their work to the greater masses.  Linux-sama, accidentally, began to do just that.
Really? GNU has been around for that long?! They must have been keeping a low profile for years, with Linux-sama exposing it to the masses!

A while ago I suggested that, given their utilitarian nature, the Unix-tans weaponry would be primarily Russian-inspired.  On the other hand, Solaris-sama (of that era) and many of the other Unix-tans likely would never have agreed to step one foot in a common military vehicle if it killed them, so I'm sure it would have to be something fancier they transported in with.  -v-
I think that Solaris-san would have driven in a modified limo... with machine gun, laser and radar attachments!

Fufu!  That will be such an adorable scene!  That alone would be worth the price of admission.  ^__^
Seconded!

Well loosely-speaking, the Zerosanity Xmas Special is done.  Just not finished the way we wanted it to... can't possibly post this as final when the main characters turn into rice ball dumplings in the last 1/3 of the comic.  ^^;
It's not completed but since there are at least storyboards for all the pages, it could in a way be considered done.

I think the Unix-tans would have looked at Unix-likes as "second class citizens", but would still socialize with them. While a lot were open-source, I doubt most Unix-likes would have been greatly powerful (in sorcery or influence)...it was probably the her own influence that made Linux-sama such a threat, as she was the first and only Unix-like who had a chance to become more important and ubiquitous than the old school Unixen.
I think the pure-blood Unix-tans did dislike the Unix-likes, but in a more racist sense.  They still looked and worked just like them (proprietary OSes), but they were just cheap knockoffs and hence inferior in their minds.  Yet they could still work with them, and as long as they helped maintain the status quo they did very little to them (other than rustle them up every so often).
Hmm... That's what I thought, and actually does not conflict with my proposed backstory ideas for QNX-tan but I'll elaborate upon that in the Theories thread.  

With Linux-sama it was different, since she represented a viable social change that threatened the very fabric of their existence.  It didn't matter if she was pureblood Unix or a "Like" -- her open sourcery was a threat that had to get squashed somehow.
When there are breakers of the status quo in any society, a revolution is likely to follow.

Quote from: "Bella"
Then again, you have quite a few comics! You deserve an award just for coming up and drawing so many of your ideas!
I have 4 serieses, and I can't devote time to all of them at once :(

Chapter four would have been some of the backstory behind the GNU people (especially Emacs-kun). Aside from Linux-sama literally ending up on their doorstep, and getting treated like a demi-god (much to her bemusement), it was a bit weak in the present time. I figured, at best, I could always show a bit of what happened during her time with the GNU people in a flashback.
That would have been a cute scene!

Linux: *at their doorstep* Can you help me?
GNU people: OMG!! OUR SAVIOR HAS ARRIVED! Come in come in! We have the finest stuff our money can buy, just for you!
Linux: Oh, that's not really necessary--

[Another improvised dialogue moment brought to you by Aurora!]

The reason I want to finish this is because I have a lot of it planned out, and would kinda hate to see the ideas go to waste. If I cut chapter 4 down to nothing but a flashback in chapter 5, that will save me a lot of trouble.
Good call! I am confident that you can cut chapter 4 down to size without losing its originally intended impact!

Though this is a good idea, I was thinking of having it open with a flashback to her time with the GNU people, and a narration explaining (briefly) what happened. This might be a whole panel, and then the next panel would read "two years later" or "one and a half years later". I've always had a bit of trouble with what exactly Linux-sama's open sourcery would...be...so this I'd have to think up.
I think that'll work!

I remember your suggestion that the Unixen would have a lot of Russin inspired weapons, and I approve this idea. As for Solaris-sama's own choice of transport...yes, I do think she would want something fancier than a military vehicle, but then again she is a Unix-tan. :P
Aren't a lot of Unices the austere type? But then again, Solaris-san may be more the exception than the norm!

Then I have to include it. ;)
Yay!

If you think back to my original idea, I wanted to the scene where Solaris-sama found Linux-sama to involve Apache-tan...but in the end, I figured Minix-sensei and the young distro-tans would be more interesting.
Your original idea with Apache-tan was great, but I like this new one even better for the cute and potentially emotional factor!

I'll be willing to help out a bit with the Xmas Special if the need be. :3
I think I'll need the help, and it'd be cool to turn the special into a three-way collaboration!

C-Chan

Bella-hime the Telepath strikes back!  ^.^

Agreed, but like I said before, you can take a little bit of time now thanks to the proposition.  I won't let you abandon that comic till its done. ^^

FYI, it's probably a good time within the next week or so to mirror your comics on your DA page.  So far there's very little artwork posted, but once your mangas are up that will change dramatically.  ^^

I mentioned before that while Open Sourcery can take on many forms (as it's literally nothing more than peer-reviewed magic freely distributable to the public), the vast majority of it is centered around self-enhancement magic.  (e.g., spells that make you stronger, faster, leap longer, throw a speer longer or make it return)

Because it's all documented and understandable, a spell to heal someone, for example, could easily be understood by the caster as using her hand to emit xyz electrical impulse signals to coordinate the cell restructuring around a particular wound of the patient.  In a sense, the magic ends up being more hyper-science than mysticism.

That's why it's particular annoying for traditional sorceresses to have a bunch of "nobody"'s demystify how her time-homored spells probably work (and often times get away with it).  ^.^

As a compromise, she could be taken there by a personal APC, redesigned in the interior to look like a very stylish and elegant suite.

Certainly the higher echelon daughters at that time lost a lot of sight about what it meant to be a Unixen.  -v-;

Right about Linux-sama, as well. She was a huge threat because she was a danger to the status quo and had lots of people behind her.

Though I didn't know FreeBSD-tan was similarly disliked.

Don't forget FreeB-chan was never afraid of speaking her mind, so she made TONS of enemies among the old school Unix-tans.  It's only because her mother is so important (and because she's also very smart) that they never indulged in more serious payback against the impudent little devil girl.  ^___^

Really? GNU has been around for that long?! They must have been keeping a low profile for years, with Linux-sama exposing it to the masses!

Yeah, in fact remember Emacs, GCC and GREP were among some of the applications that came out of the early GNU efforts.  They were great at building applications,... just not great at building the flagship OS for showcasing them....

*stares at GNU Hurd-tan*  -v-

I think that Solaris-san would have driven in a modified limo... with machine gun, laser and radar attachments!

Not that she needed such heavy protection, but she definitely would have wanted to LOOK important at the very least.  "To raise troop morale", according to her at the time.

QuoteI think I'll need the help, and it'd be cool to turn the special into a three-way collaboration!

I actually look forward to seeing that as well.  ^___^

If you do help Bella populate the DeviantOS-tan page, I hope you'll consider posting up that existing Zerosanity comic pages as well (this time in a size that's a little easier to read, since I imagine DA allows for larger pictures than the Gallery does).

=======================

And that's all I can say in this thread. ^^

In this particular case, though, I'm overjoyed that I have not seen the last of Bella-hime's comics.  If anything, I'm going to help her complete some of them.  ^^

I'm too physically exhausted to draw comic panels from start to finish, but I seem to still have a talent for auxiliary work, be it storyboarding or shading/lighting or special effects.  If that can be used to help Bella-hime realize one ofher dreams, I'll be glad to volunteer some of my post-retirement time for that purpose.  ^___^

This is not goodbye at all, but "see you later"!  ^v^
(and I mean that... after C-Day, I'm gonna need at least a day to relax as my fingers are killin' me.... ^_______^;)

Ja ne!  ^v^

*C-chan signs off*

Aurora Borealis

I saw those! Linux-sama interacting with her kids was adorable, especially with Red Hat-chan! :D It's hard to believe that the cute scene is going to get ruined by those mean, stuffy old Unices! :(

Bella

The Unices: they're meanies. ಠ_ಠ

Aurora Borealis

Well, the more 'elite' of them are, at least.

Those that deviate from the elite, or severed their ties with the Unix Family altogether, tend to be a lot nicer.

Those sound like some unfortunate implications. o_o

Bella

Quote from: "Aurora Borealis"Well, the more 'elite' of them are, at least.

Those that deviate from the elite, or severed their ties with the Unix Family altogether, tend to be a lot nicer.

Those sound like some unfortunate implications. o_o

Oddly enough, most of the early Unices were fairly non-elitist (Unix-sama and BSD-tan, notably). Only when big corporations got involved did they become more pompous.

PLZ READ THE REST OF CHAPTER FOUR!

</plug>

Aurora Borealis

I'm really surprised. But since Unix wasn't originally intended to be commercialized, or ambitious for that matter, I'll believe that... even though Unix almost killed her own mother, granted that wasn't her choice at all.

Then the Unices gained a lot of power with commercialization, but of course... power corrupts! And from that came the in-fighting among Unix and her daughters, fighting over who would be heir to their 'dynasty, all this is made especially bad by the fact that Unix wanted her daughters to be powerful and self-confident, so she tried to pamper them as such, but this went horribly awry as they developed a sense of entitlement, right? Am I on the right track with this?

Looking at it from that perspective does make even the 'elite' Unices at least somewhat sympathetic characters, since before I couldn't really sympathize with them and saw them as the mean ol' bad guys who just wanted to kidnap Linux.

This is all looking great so far, and Linux is really standing her ground with the power of sarcasm, some Open Sourcery, and badassery! :D

And it's great to see Solaris-tan's memory manipulating ability in action! I know the next scene is going to be epic!

Bella

Unix-sama would have been eerily similar to Linux-tan back in the day (with the admitted excepting of being a LOT more brutal and calculating, just to survive). Of course, there was no organized open source movement in those days, so there was nothing stopping Unix-sama from eventually trying to commercialize her success (and her children following suit, which caused the Unix wars...).

You seem to be on the right track; along with the fighting over the heirship to the throne, there was also a lot of internal bickering about standards and property (ie, hardware) disputes. The family was so focused on holding on to their current land (ie, minicomputers and workstations) that they essentially turned their backs on the burgeoning PC market.

I don't know if Unix-sama herself pampered her children, but their employers certainly did. -v-

I'm working on the next chapter now! It's going to be Unix-sama-centric, or something like that.

Aurora Borealis

It seems that Unix nominating an heir to the dynasty is a no-win situation, whether she picked a favorite of her daughters to lead (with resentment from the others), or by pampering them all (either by her or the employees), and although Linux-sama has the merit to lead, disaster could ensue if she did. Stupid infighting.

I also now doubt Unix pampered her children, given the circumstances of her early life, it would be hard for her to have emotional closeness to nearly anyone!

And that in-fighting over standards and such, causing the Unix Wars explains how their territory could fall so easily to NT-tan's forces! BTW, was there ever a winner to the Unix Wars?