Bad Feeling About Firefox...

Started by NewYinzer, August 03, 2006, 06:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GHNeko

You are. >.>

GHNeko is too bishie to drown in a sea of lameness. X3

I feel perfectly content enough with FF, not to use Opera. IE isnt deleted just for the SOLE fact that Gunbound Revolution doesnt use FF or Opera, just IE. >.>

I think the choise between FF/Opera is mostly based upon personal preference.

C-Chan

Can you really delete IE?  Ã,¬__Ã,¬

I know you can, but figured you'd have to bring it back up just to do those stupid Windows Updates..... Ã,¬___________Ã,¬'

Easier just to stick it in the corner somewhere where everyone will forget about it.  -v-

Probably worth mentioning that if Firefox leads IE in terms of App-tans produced by a ratio of 10 to 1, that must mean something....  ^___^

GHNeko

Lawl. Pyro Foxgirl. X3

Firefox-Tan Incarnate. Ha ha. Well, its simple. Just delete the folder that has IE. I dont know about the Windows Update. My computer downloads them automatically, but I choose to install them. X3 So I leave the icon down there in the corner for who knows how long. X3

C-Chan

Heck now, I never let my Windows machine download anything automatically.  All the crap that M$ claims will fix my machine needs to first get past the All-Seeing-Eye of C-chan...  `v'

Too bad,... I was really hoping to purge my computer of all traces of nastiness.  ^__^

GAWD, how I really want an Amiga system now.... -v-

Silentbob

Yeah, I remember back in the days, when people on IRC liked to nuke Win95 users. (For those who don't know, WinNuke is a program that caused a Windows 3.1/95/NT4 computer to crash and BSOD).   I went online with my Miggy and dared them.    They tried, and nothing happened, and I laughed my ass off.   ;025

SleepyD

C-Chan gets cake for that pic. XD

I want to be able to draw like that...

anyhoo, yes, automatic updates are evil. I better know what's being installed on my 2k-tan.

I rarely find places where Firefox doesn't keep cookies... well, except yahoo mail, but I've made that my spam dump and am using gmail currently.

GHNeko

Its strange...my previous verion of FF on my C Drive. (I delete my OS from that drive and run on the E drive) could save cookies with no problem. On every site I went to. >.>

I dunno. It doesnt to it know though. x.x

MisterCat

I'm a big Firefox fan, but for the past few weeks my (default browser) Firefox version 1.5.0.7 has been doing a lot of crashing; yet my Internet Explorer version 6.0.2800.1106 hasn't crashed even once.  It makes a person wonder just what's going on.

;018

=^..^=

NewYinzer

As for nuking, this might help:

QuoteA person under the screenname "_eci" published his C source code for the exploit on June 7, 1997. With the source code being widely used and distributed, Microsoft was forced to create security patches, which were released a few weeks later.

As for Firefox, I'll bide my time...

brougeXP22

i've used firefox before on my old computer but i don't have it on this computer (it's my parents) but even when i used it, it would crash about 1-2 times a week. i'm thinking they haven't perfected the software but it's still better than IE hands down

C-Chan

QuoteYeah, I remember back in the days, when people on IRC liked to nuke Win95 users. (For those who don't know, WinNuke is a program that caused a Windows 3.1/95/NT4 computer to crash and BSOD). I went online with my Miggy and dared them. They tried, and nothing happened, and I laughed my ass off.

Bwahaha!!!  ^0^
I'm telling ya, AmigaBob's a genius.  ^__^
BTW, would Miggy be another Amiga nickname...  'v'

Up until now I would call her Lorraine for short, but that sounds cuter.  ^.^

QuoteC-Chan gets cake for that pic. XD

*opens mouth*

Insert here....  *points to mouth*  ^o^

QuoteI want to be able to draw like that...

anyhoo, yes, automatic updates are evil. I better know what's being installed on my 2k-tan.

Study it for a bit and it really doesn't look taht hard to style match.  ^__^
Usual sharp angles and rich colors.  The dynamic look, however, is the result of really sharp contrasting in the shadows and a well choreographed pose.  ^.^

The eye candy of the glowing orb and the sparks help too....  ^v^

And yay!!  SleepyD understands me!!  ^v^
*tightens leash on XP machine*

QuoteI'm a big Firefox fan, but for the past few weeks my (default browser) Firefox version 1.5.0.7 has been doing a lot of crashing; yet my Internet Explorer version 6.0.2800.1106 hasn't crashed even once. It makes a person wonder just what's going on.

Nothing that couldn't be resolved with a little look under the hood.... ^.^
That's where open source really shines!  ^v^
(Course,... it would help if we knew exactly what we're looking at....  Ã,¬vÃ,¬])

QuoteAs for nuking, this might help:

Quote:
A person under the screenname "_eci" published his C source code for the exploit on June 7, 1997. With the source code being widely used and distributed, Microsoft was forced to create security patches, which were released a few weeks later.

Now that you mention it,... you're suspicious of Firefox, but a-okay with the Windows platform.  ^^'
Well, I guess the true test of fate will be with Vista, where all 3rd party security options will be scrutinized.  -v-
Knowing M$, I'm sure this is gonna be fun to watch.  ^__^

Quotei've used firefox before on my old computer but i don't have it on this computer (it's my parents) but even when i used it, it would crash about 1-2 times a week. i'm thinking they haven't perfected the software but it's still better than IE hands down

Yep, nothing's perfect, but yes, it is certainly far better.  ^__^

And do I need to mention....

Cute App-tan?  ^v^

Silentbob

Quote from: "C-Chan"[
BTW, would Miggy be another Amiga nickname...  'v'

Yeah, that's one of those nicknames it has.  =)

Not sure where I read it first, but it seems to be in wide use in the Amiga community.

brougeXP22

She may crash every once in awhile but she is super freakin cute. ;010

MisterCat

Yes, brougeXP22, Firefox-ko is a cute gal who does her best to browse.  She's my default browser and I wouldn't have it any other way.

;019

=^..^=

C-Chan

'kay, it's settled then.  ^___^
Opinion is WAY on the side of the adorable Firefox.... ^.^

Now the question will be, how long will her dominance last till another 3rd party browsers wins your hearts, or M$ pulls off another cohersive tactic to make you STAY with IE no matter what.... -v-'