OS-Tan Animated Desktop Assistant Project

Started by deusprogrammer, September 06, 2007, 09:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zilka

AnimeTheme

Quote from: "Zilka"So why didn't you post the link? o_o

I thought you knew it as well lol

http://project_skyline.mysinablog.com/

The program is called "Sora" (v0.75). I have just spent a few minutes on it so I dunno much about it at this point. Roughly speaking, it is a tool that allows you to manipulate a 2D image in a 2.5D form by mapping the image to a 3D wire frame model. But this Sora tool in its current form is not very usable. It is slow, and somewhat undocumented.
Bring OS-tans and other Anime mascots to your Windows desktop! Check out my Windows Gadget Gallery!

Zilka

The performance problem has been fixed! Its available on the developer's website. Yeah, the one above.

ShinzuiUindo

Hmm... I see that this project is stuck at the graphics stage, so why not doing the coding part first and add the graphics later when it's more complete? Is there any software that creates an interactive thingie on the desktop that can do various stuff without starting from scratch? The only thing I can think of is Yahoo! Widgets and I already asked a question in answers.yahoo if it's possible to convert a widget into a standalone application. And even if someone is able to make a complete .sora file how are you going to make any use of it?

Zilka

What's the point? The most challenging part here is the art. Frames and frames of animation. Unless we are talking about what was done with 7-tan. I don't know much about it, but its something like stretching a texture on a bubble. Doesn't look that great and very limited. Can imitate head bobbing, but not much help when we try to do gestures. Even if we put out source code for the entire thing(if say it was finished, and it isn't), what would happen next?
More importantly it is impossible. You need graphics to see if the new code works.

killer911

im having a problem with the SoraTan App. When I start it up there is no lag or anything, but there is a bug black box around her!!! How can i fix this??

ikari2015

Some time ago was posted in this thread a gadget from Vistan but the small version seems to be not avaliable anymore, can anyone upload it again? I've seen a version about 300 pixels.

gatx103duel

à¸,อบà¸,,ุà¸"à¸,,่า h

Quantum

Vistan gadget links are broken, do NOT use RapidShare. :(

Quantum

outcesticide

the vistan gadget link on filedropper isnt working for me, any suggestions?

NejinOniwa

DRAWING ATTENTION TO ANYONE WHO MAY HAVE DOWNLOADED THIS THING: PLEASE REUPLOAD, AND FOR HELLS' SAKE USE MEDIAFIRE THIS TIME SO WE DON'T NEED TO CHANGE SHIT AGAIN.

Or just ul it to the DL section.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS