Main Menu

Windows 7

Started by Red-Machine, July 11, 2009, 07:54:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red-Machine

FTP, removeable media, Windows Update.  There ware many ways.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

AnimeTheme

Quote from: "Red_Machine"FTP, removeable media, Windows Update.  There ware many ways.

Windows Update? So it ends up that you may have to download IE just to download another browser... which is even more stupid LOL

I know there are ways to get a browser without a browser, but it can be quite clumsy, especially for a new PC. I simply think browser is a MUST for modern-day OS.
Bring OS-tans and other Anime mascots to your Windows desktop! Check out my Windows Gadget Gallery!

Aurora Borealis

My uncle has Windows 7 on his main computer and says that it's way better than Vista and is what Vista should have been in the first place. He showed me how to use it and I think it's good too!

I especially like the new taskbar and how your windows are organized though if you have a lot of minimized windows in one program, it can be tedious sifting through the window you want to access.

Kiso

If he has an Aero-capable machine, you have window preview thumbnails right on the window selection screen, and hovering over a thumbnail lets you have an actual-sized preview of the window (Aero Peek). You can also go for Alt+Tab which works in the same manner as Aero Peek if you have Aero active, but this one has all the windows ordered chronologically according to when you last used them.

I recommend going through thumbnails though, it's the more user-friendlier one.
Sponsored by: iLurk - the new service that lets you stay and not be here | Procrast - the program where nothing intended gets done | HTML - home town messing life

Chocofreak13

hmm, maybe i will try it. specially since it's so cheap. wish they had a trial version tho, people said all that stuff about vista when it first came out....
click to make it bigger

Nuker

Quote from: "Chocofreak13"hmm, maybe i will try it. specially since it's so cheap. wish they had a trial version tho, people said all that stuff about vista when it first came out....

I think it's legal to torrent the RC (correct me if I'm wrong). Microsoft still gives away keys to activate it, and it should last  at least until January 2010.

Kiso

Quote from: "Chocofreak13"hmm, maybe i will try it. specially since it's so cheap. wish they had a trial version tho, people said all that stuff about vista when it first came out....
The closest thing to a trial is the Windows 7 Release Candidate (which I am running). You can download it for free and you have until spring of spring of next year before you need to buy it. If I had the money (and the credit card), I would have already pre-ordered an upgrade of the OS for my desktop, and later look for a Laptop with 7-ultimate installed (which is not going to be easy). That's as much as they will give for now... the OS isn't even released yet.

Anyways, if you want to try it, here's the link: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/download.aspx
I recommend backing up all your data before even installing... or better yet, install on a separate (and unuused) HDD.

Oh, and don't get scared by the RC thing... the OS works perfectly good.

Quote from: "Nuker"I think it's legal to torrent the RC (correct me if I'm wrong). Microsoft still gives away keys to activate it, and it should last  at least until January 2010.
Yes, it's legal to distribute (although it's not recommended *cough*hackerstuff*cough*), at least until they stop giving away RC keys, which I think end in August... so people better get their keys on time before they get left out of trying it out for free.
Sponsored by: iLurk - the new service that lets you stay and not be here | Procrast - the program where nothing intended gets done | HTML - home town messing life

Chocofreak13

thanx! <3 downloading now. :3
click to make it bigger

Red-Machine

Haha!  I love that avatar.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

coldReactive

Windows 7 doesn't exactly deserve to be a separate OS to vista, as it was supposed to be Vista. But I like Windows 7 a bunch. Though...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Features_removed_from_Windows_7

Bigbishounen

Using Win7 in a dual-boot configuration on my Lenovo T60 laptop.  Works really well, even with all the eyecandy turned on.

Every once in a while I get a little stutter on the video, but almost none.  Vista absolutely murdered this same machine.

of course, the Ubuntu side works flawlessly, but that's no surprise there.

HalfSpaceOrc

I use Ubuntu and Vista Business on my lenovo laptop, because 7 was a real pain. Maybe I was too lazy to configure her properly

I-tan

I have no complains for W7 as of yet.

NejinOniwa

Interesting.

Assuming you'll be getting Nanami as soon as it releases, or what?
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

SleepyD

After I get my laptop and desktops set up (cleaning and organizing files on hard drives mostly), nana-chan is going to move in a fresh new hard drive. :3 (well, I don't have vista, so I need to do a fresh install anyway)