OS-tan RPG style game

Started by Toki, February 24, 2009, 02:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocofreak13

viruses are every -tan's natural enemy. maybe you could have them partner up to kick virus butt. xD

throw nortin into the mix, make it REALLY interesting.....xD

wait.....they could be the fighters, and norton makes the gadgets! >:3
click to make it bigger

IanDanKilmaster

What kind of RPG will this be again?

The Choice of a New Generation.

Toki

It will be a tactics style RPG I think.

Yeah I was thinking, that it would make more sense that PC OS would be rivals with Mac OS, since Vocoloid is technically a program. I think apps will act as summons. for my own amusement I'll arrange some interaction between ME-tan and Miku though. I've got my mind set. It'll be fun. But thats what I meant by "pig fru" was actually viruses ^ ^;;
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

Kiso

Suddenly, I started thinking: Megaman NT Warrior

This could be an interesting game if done properly. But... Making a game is not real easy task. I know cause I'm taking 3d classes and am seeing first hand the challenges devs face when making a video game.

Anyways, if you want to make this an RPG and do it easy or fast enough... think Pokemon... or Megaman NT Warrior... or Zoids (I really like their character sprites).
Sponsored by: iLurk - the new service that lets you stay and not be here | Procrast - the program where nothing intended gets done | HTML - home town messing life

IanDanKilmaster

Oh yeah, I remember that...

I think as long as the game doesn't take on a too stherial tone, it should be just fine with Windows-tans v Mac-tans.  I mean as long as it's not a battle of good v evil, shouldn't really be a problem right?

Toki

of course ^-^ just rivals... I've been talking with my programmer friend and we'll work out an effective but simple battle system.
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

Kiso

Like Pokemon! Until they went Ruby/Sapphire...

Or is it going to be a... rock-paper-scissors kind of battle system?

Anyways... I thought about it and... I suggest you make a... choose your character/side kind of game. It could help this game be more open-ended or make towards a possible union at the ending parts to battle a common enemy (hackers and/or other threats).
Sponsored by: iLurk - the new service that lets you stay and not be here | Procrast - the program where nothing intended gets done | HTML - home town messing life

Toki

I'm just going to make it simple the first time around and if enough people are interested in it then I might expand it.
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

IanDanKilmaster

Good idea, I say start with a fundamentally sound base (something fun, pure and simple) that's just elementary and then just build from there later on.  I like that.

Kiso

Yeah! Like Pokemon! Oh wait.

Anyways... I think you ought to show off some of those sprit'n skillz to get the masses pumped! They do like to have preview of things about nothing just to have something to cheer for. lol

NejinOniwa

Pokemon IS good and simple, you know.

Except, just not very simple -w-;
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

IanDanKilmaster

So is your programming friend building this from scratch?  Or has any thing been fully decided yet?

I know a lot of game makers were recommended, but if he's working from scratch, I'd like to suggest a game engine he can use.

There's this free-and-open source game called The Battle for Wesnoth, I don't know if you would consider it a tactical RPG, but it is a turn-based strategy game with RPG elements (that sounds a lot like a tactics RPG to me).  It is generally considered one of the best free games out there, and the whole thing is GPL'd so the engine should be available to use.  It's also cross-platform, FYI ^^.

Sorry for making yet another recommendation, but I just thought this would be something you'd be interested in.

Toki

I posted some pixel work in free cookies just now, but it's not specifically a sprite... or OStan related. I'll get on it! But I started working on a Pop'n Style WinME cartoon a little while ago and it's just so fun.. I can't stop.

But! I'll talk to my friend about that platform. Have him take a look at it. I don't think I can be trusted to make these sorts of decisions myself.
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

Alex_Reetz

The Idea for a OS-tan RPG would be a amazing concept, you could actually make a well put out story design involving Apple Corp, Viruses and ect. but it seems it would end up like megaman battle network in some way.

Kiso

Hmm thinking about it makes me feel that this could go right on par with the other project someone's got here. It's a visual novel related to the tans. Maybe you two could join up and work out a game or something.

http://ostan-collections.net/topic-1026.html

He's MIA for now though... working on some medical project for a friend. I don't know if/when he'll be back either.