Proposal for Our site Official TAN

Started by Raffaele the Amigan, March 24, 2009, 05:40:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red-Machine

Oh, lol.  It means "really well".
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

NejinOniwa

Houses. THEY BURN WELL.

That's how it goes. -w-

Also I have nothing to do and feel like drawing. Prepare yourselves for the worst. (i mean it, lol. -w- )
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Raffaele the Amigan

Quote from: "VonDaab"Voting doesnt really feel democratic if there isnt any alternatives.

You are right man... So start the competition.

So I made a version of this possible "OSC-tan".

Info so far planned:
Somesort of geek, but not the stereotypical Hikikomori.

[cut]

Come on Von... You can render her better... I know you can...

The purpose of a representative TAN is to make (infacts) to represent the site and attract new users, and make other sites being ENVIOUS of our pretty TAN, and yours is the typical "absolutely not attractive" geek girl with bottle-bottom-sized glass lenses...

Definitevly a no-no...

I know you can make better attractive girls, maybe equipped with rabbit ears.
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

NejinOniwa

Raffaele the Amigan

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"The purpose of a tan is LULZ.

...And being pretty...  ;062  :smoke:  ;110
Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
[/color]
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

CaptBrenden

Actually the purpose of a represenitive tan is to have a tan that represents the sites purpose/intent/personality.  A tan is not an advertising object, its a visual representation of whatever it represents.

In this case, the OSC forums/site was designed to collect anything and everything related to the tans as well as contribute to the fandom with our own creations of fanfics, comics, images, tans, etc.  It is populated by gamers, artists, and otaku.

Von Daabs design, and what I was intending aims for this. Add a file folder over flowing with images to that girl or something of the like and your headed in the right direction.

However, a dancer... I really fail to see how that represents us in any way. I cant exactly say we are elegant or graceful around here, and most of us probobly spend more time online, watching anime, playing games, etc then we do getting up and doing physical activity. Basicly, as cute as the dance design is, it fails to capture the personality/essance of the forums.  

Anyhow, I echo the call for a contest/competition etc for forum members to produce designs for a possible OSC-tan. Ill likely pick up my pencil for it. Being the most senior member still posting on the forums today and an artist I feel obligated to try and make a tan that captures the sites personality.

However, I also think there should also be some collabaration in this endevor rather then a my design vs your design sort of thing.  For insntance, we all create some designs, from those designs members can say what aspects they like or dislike. Then we start round two where members improve upon or modify their designs to better capture these aspects and so on.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

VonDaab

More like this should be a sandbox for open ideas and experimenting.
I dont find competing any fun. I'm here just to toss ideas into the box and see what the result is.

Raffaele the Amigan

Quote from: "CaptBrenden"
However, a dancer... I really fail to see how that represents us in any way.

Why?  ;012

Because she is crazy and enjoys life... She is a student but she decided to became a dancer...

She dances because she enjoys living and because she like music and being in movement...

She represents the joy of life that represents us all whoever any of us could be...

It is not important being geeks or not, artists or untalented people, men or women, young or elder people.

The important is being ALIVE...

And I noted that many of readers here on OSTAN site just prefer to stay at a window and see the life outside their room...

There are readers who enjoy tans for lulz, readers who look at TANS beacuse they are pretty and people who look at TANS as beautiful unreal girls because they not sensed that real life is beautiful-  

I hope that my OS-TAN sketch girl could be choosen as site representative as she is a little (but serious) attempt to indicate people to enjoy life and let them decide to being awake, stay active and get the courage and the power to change things in real world...

Added after 16 minutes:

Quote from: "VonDaab"More like this should be a sandbox for open ideas and experimenting.
I dont find competing any fun. I'm here just to toss ideas into the box and see what the result is.

I think that you are more talented than you believe...

Be creative...

A geek girl with enormous lens glasses is not the best that you can draw.

Exit the normal routine...

Make the girl out of the normal schemes and make her again suitable for represent OSTAN Site, even if at a very first sight she could not being considered fitting our community stereotypes...

Try more ideas... Fore example your design is good but try to making her a pretty young girl BUT again geeky with glasses.

I mean... try to draw again the first sketch but give her a different age...

This will lead to a new different aspect and lead to new ideas!

The one you drawn is too elder to wear glasses. At that age girls prefer far better to choose for contact lenses...

And girls prefer to hide that they are geeky to avoid being excluded in groups of people...
[/color]
[/color]
[/color]

VonDaab

Quote from: "Raffaele the Amigan"The important is being ALIVE...
So said Frank Jaeger...

QuoteBe creative...
I'm puzzled of your idea about "creativity".

QuoteA geek girl with enormous lens glasses is not the best that you can draw.
Okay, I cant take it that it wasnt the most original design. But that's a starting point. Point is that I wouldnt alone design the whole character. I'm expecting other people join the discussion with ideas and suggestions. So that the OSC-tan would be something made by everyone.

QuoteMake the girl out of the normal schemes and make her again suitable for represent OSTAN Site, even if at a very first sight she could not being considered fitting our community stereotypes...
So you're pretty straightforwadly telling me to scrap the old idea without any real reason and make something completely different? Okay, can do.

QuoteTry more ideas... Fore example your design is good but try to making her a pretty young girl BUT again geeky with glasses.
...wat? 15-19 isnt young enough? you sick ba.....

QuoteThe one you drawn is too elder to wear glasses. At that age girls prefer far better to choose for contact lenses...
Okay Mr. fashion, I dont know where you live, or I dont know if you know of a place called "Outdoors". It might be a bit scary place at first, but when you get used to the fresh air and daylight, you might notice how people REALLY dress.

QuoteAnd girls prefer to hide that they are geeky to avoid being excluded in groups of people...
...wat?

NejinOniwa

Lawl, so my sketch is done nao. I spent 30 minutes asking myself and my drawing skills "HOW DID I DRAWED BREASTS?" and finally settled on the fact that it's better that it looks feminine than not (seeing as I can't emphasize that well without them, lawl).

Scan and ink after dinner.

CaptBrenden

No offence, but I still fail to see how that has anything whatsoever to do with the forum. This isnt a forum dedicated to the enjoyment of life, its a forum dedicated to net created anime characters, characters related to computers and only geeks and otaku can truely appriciate them.

speaking of capturing the personality of websites:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d46AhUP8Oxg&feature=channel
i loled.

Oh and I happen to like my glasses and take pride in my geekiness.  If people cant handle my geekatude they aren't they type of people I want to assiciate myself with anyways.  When I make my brief peek out my window at life every day (before quickly returning to the darkness where my computer sits) I see people young and old wearing glasses, I hardly think that glasses are only for the young.

Anyhow, Im with vondaab about the sandboxing thing.  I suppose thats more what i was intending anyhow, collaborative works rather then everyone compeating to get their idea picked.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

NejinOniwa

Lawliet, I didn't quite catch that "LIFE!" madness about, but I'll just stick with Da Finn on this one, lolz.
(AND CURSE YOU FOR TRAPPING ME IN THAT YOUTUBE CHANNEL FOR AN HOUR YOU YOU!)

Anyways, gimme a minute for scanning and I'll have sketch up. Cleaning later.

svx

Giev her cat ears.  Giev.  And... Uhn...

Giev her a miniskirt...

And make her be drinking out of a big jug of sake.  That's a ...cool idea.

Mien.  My idea.

Aurora Borealis

BWAHAHAHA! That "Internet Party" video was hilarious with each of the websites' personalities being spot-on! (the extremely geeky and weird Cracked guy had to be my favorite of the cast!) :D But it was missing characters to represent Fark, Slashdot, 4chan and Encyclopedia Dramatica!  :(

I wear glasses too and I'm a proud geek! And to those that don't like it, well that just too bad! Pride in geekiness!

A collaboration effort would be better in the spirit of OSC anyways. I'll try to contribute something.

NejinOniwa

Hey, 4chan was there...I remember...or maybe that was in the "Internet Intervention" one, but there sure was a 4chan. And some. I dunno.
Also, rectangular glasses gives you a +4 INT attribute bonus. Round ones gives +10 MOE points, and square ones make you able to choose the "Class Representative" prestige class...
...lawl.

ANYWAYS
This took a while, but here's my contribution.

Took a glance at VDB's version, added Ahoge-horn of supreme doom, removed glasses, added slack clothing. Then I added zippers, made them slightly less slacky, busted her up and gave her...a mouse.

Because that's one of the two things we use the most around here, lawl.

ANYWAYS SUP FIRST CONTRIBUTION IN OVER A YEAR GO ME!

Added after 4 minutes:

Oh, and if someone better than me (ugh) wants to try and clean the awfully grayshit sketch, it's here. (I'd be damn grateful for that...)
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g239/NejinOniwa/OS-Tans/OSC-TAN_HNCO_p1.jpg