Main Menu

Recommendations

Started by Toki, March 03, 2009, 08:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanDanKilmaster

Humor is great and all because I love to laugh, but there's only so much wordplay, meta-references, sexual humor, and yes even moe I can stand - where's the slapstick and dark humor... what about that?  When I laugh, I want a genuine belly laugh - not the same forced giggles I give everyday.  I don't mean to rant, it's just I feel there's a bit lacking in "funny" animu.

QuoteOh, and I saw DeathNote before it was on television and I wasn't very impressed. Sort of interesting I guess but it really tried too hard, don't you think? EVA is a little over rated if you don't care to look very hard, but it was pretty good.

For me, the characters in Death Note just weren't likable enough.  I didn't really like L at all, but I never understood what it was people liked about Light Yagami either.  For some weird reason, I really liked Near and Mellow, but still the main draw of the series was the theme - the concept that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.  I love watching cat-and-mouse games too, so all in all, I really liked the series.

The Choice of a New Generation.

Smokey

true, i'm always game for a good psychological thriller...
(ideaz anyone?)
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

NejinOniwa

seen darker than black?

maybe not so deep, but good.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Smokey

haven't seen it, will look it up...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

IanDanKilmaster

As Toki mentioned, there's Paranoia Agent, and as I mentioned, Hell Girl.  I don't know about Darker than Black, but I wouldn't mind giving it a try.  There's also a classic for this category called Perfect Blue - it's a movie.

EDIT: I wonder if there's any Lovecraftian horror in animu, that'd be pretty freaking awesome...

NejinOniwa

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Smokey

Thanks Fedora-sama

CaptBrenden

QuoteEDIT: I wonder if there's any Lovecraftian horror in animu, that'd be pretty freaking awesome...

"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

IanDanKilmaster

No not that XD.

Super scary impending doom... that no one can stop.

CaptBrenden

you think YOU can stop hello cthulu?
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

Smokey

What like nuclear war? america already having pressed the button, only to find out it was a couple of kids playing around... (you know, "war games" but then better, with US launching their bombs for a change...)
Thanks Fedora-sama

IanDanKilmaster

No more like...
Crawling chaos, underground
Cult has summoned, twisted sound

Out from ruins once possessed
Fallen city, living death-

-Not dead which eternal lie
Stranger eons death may die

Drain you of your sanity
Face the thing that should not be

Smokey

oh, metallica-anime?that would be awesome, a metallica concert in anime, think of the awesomeness of two typws of win combined...
Thanks Fedora-sama

IanDanKilmaster

No, Metallica NOW=FAIL, 20yrs ago=WIN, but I think there was some dubbed anime that added music by Metallica... I'm not sure.

What I'm referring to is this:

Not my work, and I feel inclined to mention at this time that Fair Use Has a Posse, Chick!

RandiNinja

For someone who likes to watch crunchy animes, Ultimate Girl and Mouse should be good... ^_^