Main Menu

Recommendations

Started by Toki, March 03, 2009, 08:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toki

I wanna see something new :3 suggestions most please?
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

IanDanKilmaster

Have you seen Hell Girl?

The Choice of a New Generation.

Toki

Nuh uh o.o Sauce please.
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

IanDanKilmaster

I've just started watching it on IFC.  I consider a spin on the revenge drama.  Basically the plot revolves around this girl, Ai, who gives people a chance for revenge through the "Hell Correspondence" on the internet.  When someone contacts her, she gives them a doll with a red thread around the neck.  When they pull the string they are bound into the covenant, and the soul of their enemy will be ferried to hell (in some sort of poetic justice way).  The catch is the person who enters the covenant also bounds their soul to hell (whenever they die that is).  Anyway, a reporter and his daughter are investigating the incidents and trying to stop people who have used the hell correspondence.

I like it so far.

CaptBrenden

"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

IanDanKilmaster

I'm thinking and thinking and thinking, but I don't know what you've seen.  More importantly, most of what I've seen is from television, so I'm not sure there's much I've that you haven't.  What kind of animu do you like?

Is it... MOE >:3 ?

Smokey

Oooh, good thread, and good idea ( i recently found some space to keep anime... ^_^)...
Besides that anime sounds quite interesting... And for a complete hijack (poor toki <3) I am myself into deep philosofy-ish dark anime, like death note, or a bit lighter but still an epic storyline GITS...

Also Captain: Good sauce, do want! :D
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

IanDanKilmaster

It's interesting that you mention Death Note, because it was the first anime I thought about when I started watching Hell Girl.  Indeed, there's a good deal of similarity, but unlike Death Note, it seems to have a more definite message.  I mean, the ideas are framed in a different way than they are in Death Note.  I should stop right there to avoid spoiling any details.

NejinOniwa

DN and EVA are both way too GRIMDARK and DEEP for my liking...
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Toki

I don't watch television animu very often. After the fact after a craze has died down if it still sounds interesting I may look into it. Like Paranoia Agent, which I didn't have any interest in until I found my veeery favoritest seiyuu voiced Maromi. And upon viewing it I actually really liked it. I like many different sorts on anime, but it takes alot to impress me since I started with the good old stuff like Ranma Nibun no Ichi, Slayers, 3x3 Eyes and Record of Lodoss War. I think Lucky Star is pretty cute but I like Azumanga Daioh better, and Excel Saga is fun and pointless but not quite as mind fckering as say... no I can't think of anything as strange but still light hearted. NieA_7 perhaps? I really enjoy all of Yoshitoshi AbE's work, especially Haibane Renmei, and Lain was really good too, I actually saw it a very~ long time ago.  My favorite "moe" anime was Ichigo Mashimaro, although Magical Mya Mya Taruto is actually a really cute idea. Rozen Maiden doesn't really appeal to me. I don't really like the animation style but I need to watch it since I'm apart of a Rozen Maiden cosplay group. Guess who I'm cosplaying as :P

Added after 1 minutes:

Oh, and I saw DeathNote before it was on television and I wasn't very impressed. Sort of interesting I guess but it really tried too hard, don't you think? EVA is a little over rated if you don't care to look very hard, but it was pretty good.
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

IanDanKilmaster

EVA's overrated, more lazy than deep.  I mean really, take a show that has a point and shut it down at the end, WTF?!  People write psychology papers about it.  *rolls eyes*

Anyway, I'd say I mostly agree with you Toki.  Hell Girl is the only animu on TV I've bothered to watch regularly since Gurren Lagann (and I haven't even seen all of that yet).  Nothing else on AS or SciFi even sparks my interest anymore, it all seems so done before.  I generally watch whatever anime is playing on IFC because I can know that it will at least be uncensored.  There's some stuff that my friend has tried to talk me into watching, but I just feel totally uninterested because it's all been so hyped.  Also, if I know of something that's playing that's old, with hand-drawn animation, chances are that no matter how awful the story is, I'll watch it.

Toki

I only saw a little of Gurren Lagan before it was aired, I still think it's pretty cool but I wish there weren't so many bad (and good I guess) cosplays of Tits McJailbait cuz I kinda wanna cosplay as her. Sorry I'm really in a cosplay mood but I'll try not to talk about it.

I kinda wanna see more stuff like Fate/Stay and Berserk. Hokuto no Ken was friggin sweet and so was Jojo's :D I am also watching Initial D second stage haha. But I need more!! When it comes to girly anime I like stuff like Card Captor Sakura and Kashi Mashi, but not so much stuff like Ouran Host Club although I did like Ouran but it's usually not my type.. I don't like girly fanservice bishounen stuff. Gross! But Ouran was cute and funny and had a decent plot.
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

IanDanKilmaster

I don't really like the girly stuff, but I also don't like the male-targeted (or at least you'd think it was) harem animus.  Stuff like that doesn't have an appeal to me other than gimmick - the story just seems so absurd, and not in the good FLCL kind of way.

Smokey

true Ouran was a good anime...
And i don't even have anime on TV here so i'm totally dependant of either the internet or the anime store 15 miles away...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

NejinOniwa

Luckily, I've got neither stores nor tv stations around selling/airing anything at all, so I don't exactly have to choose anything but THE BEST, haha. -w-

Lucky Star, btw, is the most awesome Slice-of-life animu ever created. Except for the OVA.
THE OVA IS GOD TIER. >:3[/b]

Anyway. Aside from the obvious (from my last like what, 4 avatars or something, I think you know what I mean by now) I must say pretty much anything SHAFT is goodmahell level - especially Pani Poni Dash, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Zoku (S2) included, and their current work, Maria+Holic (more liek Lesbian+Nosebleed+Parade+Holic, amirite? :V)
Also, Seto no Hanayome was really nice. NaGARsumi, hell year.
Gurren Lagann doesn't need to be mentioned. Kamina and Simon are simply the KINGS of GAR. No further comment needed.

Also, Hyakko (from last season) was LAWLzy. Great comedy, must see.
To Aru Majutsu no Index (from last season, still airing) is also damn good, JC Staff knows their stuff!

Of course, classics like Slayers and such are also nice stuff.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS