OS-tan RPG style game

Started by Toki, February 24, 2009, 02:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

I feel left out, you guys~!

Don't forget, 9 years of profession in musics makes you an AWESOME voice-machine.
That includes everything between Gollum, falsetto and The Deep-Voiced Guys That Announce Action Movies, as far as I've tried.
Tell me what/if you want, and I'll be happy to provide. ^^

Added after 3 minutes:

we're really OT-ing the shit out of this thread aren't we -w-;
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

kaineru

Quote from: "Toki"I won't be discouraged, if we can't get someone who can create a decent platform then we could always just slap it in flash and make it a cartoon rather than a game, but I would like for it to be a game.

I wanna hear Kaineru's ideas ^_^

I couldn't really imagine ME-tan defeating Miku, but it would be fun to try.

That's always possible....

It depends on the person though, I've been busy making Icons so I'm kinda lazy for those, but you only need diligence for that, if you cannot do some of the work it's best you have someone else help you.

Remember the desired platforms though and making flash cartoons makes some effort.... "Some" meaning little if you have a lot of resources...

Toki

I just wanna be an animator o.o; I have plenty of resorces to do so. However it takes time so no one should be worried about anything moving too fast... even if I go with a simple-ish 2D style I still want the sprites to be at LEAST 15 FPS. Because I'm a weirdo like that... and I'll do illustrations for special moves, and character profiles and the like because thats what I LIKE to do. How many characters should be in this? I think there should be lots of cameos but I'm not so sure about actual playables.  

I have been playing with some character designs, because I like doing that and I accidently made a Sailor ME-tan. I decided to turn it into a full peice so I'll share when it's done!
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

kaineru

Well that's nice, reminds me of Aile Ark 2 that I've been doing, my specialty is always crossovers and story changing so that's my best...

But 15 fps.... ehhh.... I dunno if Imma gonna say it's slow or fast... X_x

NejinOniwa

Compared to modern 3d games it's very slow, but compared to most other sprite-based games...decent, I'd say. Remember that 25 fps is the limit of what the human eye can perceive.

kaineru

You're right, maybe I've played too much Guilty Gear as of late....

NejinOniwa

Curious, what's that got its FPS rate at?

kaineru

Since it's fast it mostly goes 45-50 fps on my very old PS2....

NejinOniwa

kaineru

Really? It's kinda that fast specially when I use uber cheap Order Sol...

Aurora Borealis

I've also wanted to make some animations but I just don't have the time to do- I'm too busy with my comics! There's only so much time in a day! :(

kaineru

Join the club.... Though I'm kinda lazy but I do small .gifs from time to time... though hopefully whatever Toki decides on doing will be a success....

Toki

WHAT!?!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!>!?! GUILTY GEAR IS SO POORLY ANIMATED IT'S A JOKE. THE DESIGNS ARE GOOD AND THE SPRITES ARE GOOD, BUT THE FRAME RATE IS UTTERLY PITIFUL BUT THEY GET AWAY WITH IT BECAUSE IT IS SO FAST. It's probably only 10 FPS. Seriously.

Sorry I read that and totally went on a tangent sorry sorry * grasps frantically at topic *

Added after 2 minutes:

KYAAAA * RAEG *
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

IanDanKilmaster

Sorry in advance for continuing the OT, but that's what I like about 2D games.  You can get away with using a lower FPS by using tricks that just aren't possible in 3D.  Also I just like the aesthetic of 2D games, and that's whether they're old school like SF2 or new like Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (that game is freaking sweet).

The Choice of a New Generation.

Toki

Yeaah ^_^ I like 2D fighters the best! However, Guilty Gear is absolutely pathetic xD

Also sorry... Although I started the thread o.o;;
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!