OS-tan RPG style game

Started by Toki, February 24, 2009, 02:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toki

I still want to make one :< I need someone to help me with script and someone to help with programming and someone to help with backgrounds... I can do all sprite and other art... I wanna do it so bad!!
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

CaptBrenden

backgrounds are about all i could help with, and it depends what kind of backgrounds you indended. sorry but i dont think i could be much use this time
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

IanDanKilmaster

This sounds like it would be a really great project... I just wish I knew enough Python to help -__-.  I was almost certain there was somebody on this forum who knew how to program...

If I can help in any other way, let me know.  In the mean time, I'm going to try to think of someone who would be interesting in helping...

The Choice of a New Generation.

Toki

Well I don't really want to write a script or do anything technical. I mostly just want to animate cute things... So if anyone wants to think up a story line or make move lists... things like that! Maybe then I can think of story.
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!

IanDanKilmaster

Hmmm, I could most certainly come up with a movelist.  Of course, I would need to know which particular characters you would want to employ (standard futaba or "extended universe").  Most of my ideas would probably be of the tongue-in-cheek variety, so seriousness would be totally out the window.

kaineru

Try RPGMaker for god's sake.....

CaptBrenden

kaineru

CaptBrenden

Never been impressed with RPG make at all.  Your be better off working out of flash if you ask me.

IanDanKilmaster

Well, I think the important thing is that it's something somebody here knows how to use or could easily learn how to use.  I'm currently trying to brainstorm another program that would be suitable...

kaineru

CaptBrenden

Really tho, I think an RPG is the wrong kind of game if you dont have a story.  Since you just want to make sprites toki, how about maybe fighting game type?  create a few backgrounds, your characters with a wide veriety of animations for attacks and such, get someone to put togeather the script, bam.  No real need for story or anything.  If you come up with a really good OStan story, then an RPG would be fitting.

kaineru

(Actually I have a story plot for an OST-tan RPG, and, it's actually moving....)

If you wanna sprite that's fine really.... (Cause I need 'em... And I'm kinda lazy to do em myself....)

IanDanKilmaster

I was thinking the same thing, but tuned it out since I've been in this "fighting game mode" all month long.  I could definitively dig an OS-tan fighting game though, but I really want to hear Toki's ideas on this, though.  That is, where'd she get the idea for an RPG?  I'm cool with it and all, just a bit curious...

kaineru

eHHH.... because RPGs are popular????