Main Menu

opinion?

Started by Chocofreak13, February 13, 2009, 05:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robhol

A computer made for 98 should be updated, retired or thrown away by now, to put it bluntly... ;)
You can try to get XP, but it's not likely to run too well.

Oh, and since this is my first post here: HAI GUISE!!!1 ;hi

Smokey

No computer that still runs 2k or above should be scrapped... think green, man!

Also if you don´t want to open up your case then maybe an external would work... as for the question if an internal would work, i need more detaild info than just ´it´s ancient´ sorry, but you have to come up with type numbers, from the mainboard or the system itself... then i can look up if it will be compatible with modern E-IDE disks, and so, to what size...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

CaptBrenden

I still have a computer runningg 3.1.  No true computer lover would throw away such thing.
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

NejinOniwa

True...but how much do you USE it, in all honesty?

-w-
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Smokey

well, i had an 8088 wich i did use frequently just because the massive amount of respect i had for it...
and because it was the quikest way to play blackjack...

I really love the pre-pentium computers...[/sick, twisted fandom]
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

Chocofreak13

robhol: DUN'T WANT >:[

i loves ol' shitty. i'm NOT scrapping it!

and it's not cost effective. the only other computer i have eyes for is an alienware laptop i customized.....worth a little over $2000.

besides, i LOVES EET.......EET'S MINE......♥

smokey:
i looked it up on the site! here it is:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00013794&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=93506#

i'm sorry....i'm gonna have to crack it open again to get the board specs for you....
click to make it bigger

Red-Machine

Though I do love XP, I'd say stick with 2000.  It's still a good OS and with XP-tan being the memory-hog she is, you'd run a lot faster if you stuck with 2K-tan.

And 6502 ftw!
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Chocofreak13

i think so too, which is why i'm at least keeping the os. last time we ran xp she was just a tad slow....
but 2k seems to be faring well.
click to make it bigger

Smokey

No need... The system doesn't support HardDrives bigger than 30GB... you need at least a late generation PIII board in order to support larger internal harddrives...

So it will be external for you...

BTW +respect for the PII... Slot-1 processors are cool...
Thanks Fedora-sama

Chocofreak13

thankyou!

eh, that's a bit of a setback, but i don't mind much. anything for shitty. <3
click to make it bigger

Red-Machine

*low whistle* When did you get THAT!?  That would be a great machine for DOS gaming and old Win 95 stuff!

RandiNinja

My opinion?

DON'T NEED TO UPGRADE JUST BUY A NEW ONE!
As long as you think your treasure chest is not useful/powerful enough!

If it's me, i'll buy a new PC and give the old stuff to my little brother or use for something that didn't need high performance pc like nonstop downloading or something or practicing pc router?
hmm.. that will do!

Quote*low whistle* When did you get THAT!? That would be a great machine for DOS gaming and old Win 95 stuff!
For old game? It doesn't mean you need old stuff too!!

Use VMWare or M$ Virtual Machine and install the appropriate OS needed to play the game!

Smokey

Thanks Fedora-sama

Red-Machine

Yeah, but VirtualPC and the like don't have 3D graphics!  DOSBox is ace, but one of my favourite games is incompatible with the latest version!

Smokey

I just recently discovered that Heretic needed to run at at least 9500 cycles in DOSbox...

PII cpu's are hard to overclock, too bad you don't have a PIII, choco, they were a dream to OC...
Thanks Fedora-sama