Artist Requests!

Started by CaptBrenden, August 02, 2006, 04:25:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptBrenden

keep her as she is, for the time period that dress is from, it fits equaly for young girls and older ones.  its like a doll dress or something.  It will be interesting to see how it turns out.   and as a note.. more pictures with your tans WITH the new tans would be good for promotion, as people look for the new tans.  But maybe your afraid that they will pale next to their younger more vibrant sisters...and rivals... heh heh heh
"YOU IDIOT!!" -Kasen Ibara

Commisions Available - Send PM for details.

C-Chan

Paling in comparison isn't what I'm worried about.  ^__^'
(I'll draw anyone's character with the respect their designs deserve.)

It's just that I always hope I draw the old characters right, else I end up pulling the wrong cords.  ^^'

*imagines*

Captain:  3.1-SAMA'S FOREHEAD IS TOO BIG!!!! DIE, PIG!!!  DIE!!!!

C-Chan:  UWAAAAAAA~!!!!!  ;^0^;

You know what I mean.  ^v^'

CaptBrenden

still, unless they are seen with the other tans they can be easilly dismissed.  if you have them with the other tans, people will distribute the pictures (yes for the new tan) but yours will get out there where they might develope fans

C-Chan

Case in point, you came on board when I paired ME-tan with PalmOS-tan.  ^.^

I know I had this in mind after I was done with my chibis (3 weeks left), but I suppose I should take a break from that now (does get tiring working on chibis non-stop) and try out doing a regular pic mixing old and new -tans alike.  ^__^

Didn't I tellz ya?!  You ARE wise beyond your years.  ^v^

CaptBrenden

i still cant figure out why you are doing chibis first... there isnt anything to chibisize yet!  you cant simplify details that havent even been drawn!

C-Chan

That's why they're "preconcept" chibis.  ^__^
I do them every time I want to whip out a new character in less than a few hours (since I don't have to worry about proportions, fingers, toes and fine details.

Didn't really mean to do them originally (should've been done with my 3rd pic by now if I'd have followed my original s'hedule), but they were requested by popular demand.  ^^;

*points finger accusingly at Pitkin, Darknight, Alfamille, etc*

THEY DID IT!!!  THEY MADE ME DO THEM!!!! THEY POINTED GUNS AT MY HEAD AND SAID 'IF YOU DON'T DO THEM FREAKIN CHIBIS, WE'LL BLOW YOUR BRAINS OFF'!  UWAAAAAAAA!!!!  ;^0^;

Kidding, of course.  Fufufu.... ^.^

No, but they've been fun, and should help with my 3rd pic since I'll have an idea of what the new characters look like.  -v-

CaptBrenden

-_- artwork should never be rushed, especialy for drawings your using to try to establish these characters.  if anything could have been cut from the process it would have been the color.  preconcept pics should be no more then sketches and only the most minor of color, just to remind you what you intended.   you spent to much effort on those to lable them preconcept or rushed.  shame on you. now go draw proper porportions!

NewYinzer

C-Chan, I don't agree with the Captain very often, but if I may make a suggestion, it may be a good idea to start drawing the full-size version of the chibis you have already drawn. You have good idea, and I'd hate to see them fade into obscurity.

CaptBrenden

I mean, chibis being small, it would be easy for people to over look them

NewYinzer

Hear hear! We need some full-size OS-tans! Seriously, don't rush yourself C-Chan. Good art takes time.

CaptBrenden

C Chan, you got open canvus?  We could sketch togeather sometime, and I can see what it is that takes you sooo long :P

I second that motion, take it slow and do it right.  If the picture is worth doing its worth doing right and possibly doing several redraws untill its exactly where you want it.  Just like writers doing draft after draft

NewYinzer

Good point. Anyway, I better get cracking on those new members!

CaptBrenden

Ill work on getting the comic on a roll so we can keep visitors.... or we could cover the floor in glue

NewYinzer

Glue is a good plan. All I need is about a stadium full of glue and some tubes.

CaptBrenden

again... not me-tan safe...   just like having a microwave isnt ME-tan safe... hummmm