System Animator 8: OS-tans and Anime cuties DANCING on your desktop!

Started by AnimeTheme, November 26, 2008, 04:09:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnimeTheme

Sidebar gadget can be installed on a per-account basis, or across all users (by admin).
Bring OS-tans and other Anime mascots to your Windows desktop! Check out my Windows Gadget Gallery!

AnimeTheme

http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=yAmNjEjmcZ4

This is a new video demo I made, which (finally) demonstrates System Animator as a multi-purpose PC activity monitor, as well as a music visualizer, with interesting and fully CUSTOMIZABLE animation!
Bring OS-tans and other Anime mascots to your Windows desktop! Check out my Windows Gadget Gallery!

Chocofreak13

cool. :3

but how does one go about making one of these tasty animations? :[
click to make it bigger

NejinOniwa

looking on that folder showed in the vid, you should have a nice little archive of them...
mind sharing the goods?

(Also, where's the remix from? Nice tune.)
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

AnimeTheme

Quote from: "NejinOniwa"looking on that folder showed in the vid, you should have a nice little archive of them...
mind sharing the goods?

Yeah, I have quite an archive of animations for System Animator (I just checked and was surprised to see it was already over 16MB, 1800 files, 120 sub animations... LOL), in which most of them were made by myself. Since the beginning of this System Animator project, I have been making various animations, for both testing/program development purpose and personal interest. Most of the time, an animation used in System Animator is as SIMPLE as a sequence of animated GIFs, or exported frames from an animated GIF. And the most common "source" of these animated GIFs is ... guess what, forum avatar images LOL   ;001 (I suppose your "rolling" signature can look pretty funny when it responds to music... LOL  ;025 ) We all know there are TONS of cool animated avatar images out there, and you will probably be surprised by how interesting they can be when they are used in System Animator.

Anyways, I have just updated the "Extra Animation Collection" download in my Sidebar gallery page to contain most of the animations I have. You guys can download it now.

http://www.animetheme.com/sidebar/

PS: I wonder if anyone knows any FREE program that can batch export frames (to any static format) from an animated GIF. My usual method is to manually export a frame, one by one. While it usually isn't a problem (most of the animated GIFs I work with have less than 20 frames), I do have some nice dancing animated GIFs that I want to export... but most of them have over 100 or even 200 frames, which is too much work to export them manually  ;013

Quote(Also, where's the remix from? Nice tune.)

Here, not in downloadable form though.

http://www.imeem.com/izumikonata/playlist/z3iTGjLI/001_7_burning_remixers_motteke_sr_fu/

NejinOniwa

This is actually starting to shape up to something, you know... -w-
QuotePS: I wonder if anyone knows any FREE program that can batch export frames (to any static format) from an animated GIF. My usual method is to manually export a frame, one by one. While it usually isn't a problem (most of the animated GIFs I work with have less than 20 frames, I do have some nice dancing animated GIFs that I want to export... but most of them have over 100 or even 200 frames, which is too much work to export them manually
Unfortunately the only tip I've got for you is to use an image processor with easy layer management, like the GIMP or something like that. I'm not the animations kind of guy ^^

And I didn't know that song was on the Re-Mix001 disc, but I have it. Thanks!

Added after 2 minutes:

(or at least, it's available from a Torrent Provider Near You... -w- )
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

AnimeTheme

It seems I somewhat overlooked VirtualDub.... It can actually read animated GIF and batch export frames LOL  ;025

By the way, I (finally) found the high-quality version of the Haruhi ED full dance, and managed to turn it into a System Animation animation. Even as a somewhat "random" animation... the Haruhi dance surprisingly matches a lot of musics I tried. Below is a recent video demo built with the Haruhi dance sequence.

http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=nST9Wz4kMLU&fmt=18

Don't miss the new video introduction at the end of it as well.

Smokey

Okay...
Kick ass! ;010

I will definately try this when i have some time... :D
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

AnimeTheme

Well here is a collection of recent video demos posted in other threads.

And I am delighted to announce that ALL animations demonstrated in the existing demo videos are now available for download (including Hatsune Miku and XP-tan desktop mascot). Check out my Sidebar gadget gallery page for details.

hicamajig

For some reason the site wont load. Is it down currently?

AnimeTheme

Quote from: "hicamajig"For some reason the site wont load. Is it down currently?

It was down for a while I guess, but it is working properly right now.

By the way, here is a preview of a work-in-progress Vocaloid Luka gadget. This time it has all the common system stats display (CPU, RAM, network speed) built-in, so it's more than just a System "Animator"  :smoke:

This is how she looks on the desktop.

And, as usual, a video to demonstrate what she is doing :D

AnimeTheme

NEW desktop mascot

And a video demo as usual

Some "tricks" are done in this demo to make those Vocaloid desktop mascots look like they are singing out the vocals in real time (normally, they react to music regardless of whether there is a vocal or not), but the whole demo is still a real-time generated one instead of anything pre-scripted  :smoke:

AnimeTheme

Desktop:

And again, a video demo

Even if you don't like using gadgets on your desktop, I still suggest you at least check out the music used in this video... my recent favorite  :smoke:

AnimeTheme

Dunno what I can still say here... since there have been no response for a long time XD

Anyways, just in case anyone still cares, here are some new demos.

2 very different songs, same animation set (the Miku dance).

Smokey

Yeah, srry... i'm a bit swamped lately...
But i will post here more often (and of course catch up on the vids ^_^) when i can free up some time...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^